I can't move on... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I can't move on...

Yeah I'm not over it either. If we beat ND that will definitely make things better and make the loss look somewhat different.

The offense is still a work in progress. It’s flashed and been adequate. Much better than last year, but still has room for improvement.

Agreed. ND I think comes down to the D and fans getting jacked up and winning on energy.

The last 4 will require Schrader to go out and out duel the other QB. As bad as Pitt has looked I have a feeling their offense clicks that game and even BC if Jurkevic plays I expect to move the ball on us. FSU and Wake Garrett simply has to have huge games and throw for 300+ both were tough losses last year and high scoring games the D should have won for him.

To add to this, finishing on a high note this year puts us ahead of the curve in the polls next year (much like from 2018 to 2019).

While preseason polls don't mean much, at least we wouldn't have to wait until we go 4-0 to start receiving votes and have people talking about Cuse.
Preseason polls are both meaningless and critical.

Meaningless in that they are not accurate, but merely a rough representation of a combination of the team’s previous year accomplishments and the general bias that prevails in CFB.

Critical in that it makes teams relevant. Those are the teams that get mentions on the sports shows, that have their names pushed in front of recruits, and suggests to the fans that they are worth watching. It becomes a self-perpetuating system for success.

I learned how to move on after the 1987 Basketball Championship game. That was far worse than losing a regular season football game on the road to a Top 5 ranked team. I was totally crushed for awhile after that loss. Now? Meh. We are here because we love SU sports but it really is small potatoes compared to other stuff.
That was a tough loss. I remember I couldn’t even bring myself to “sign on” to the SyracuseFan board the next day. Of course, back then the board was just some chalkboard space on the wall at Hungry Chuck’s, where Tomcat and Bees would post game notes and the monitors carried erasers and cheddar cheese fries to police the comments.

Do we get ACC officials, hope not, No Big , or Big 12 , or PAC 12 . SEC wouldn’t work either. Other then that I’m good.
Interesting question. Since this is kind of like an ACC game, are there ACC officials? Or does ND bring someone else? Who does ND use for their home games?

Preseason polls are both meaningless and critical.

Meaningless in that they are not accurate, but merely a rough representation of a combination of the team’s previous year accomplishments and the general bias that prevails in CFB.

Critical in that it makes teams relevant. Those are the teams that get mentions on the sports shows, that have their names pushed in front of recruits, and suggests to the fans that they are worth watching. It becomes a self-perpetuating system for success.
I agree. Each team is different. Previous years success doesn’t guarantee you anything. Potential means you haven’t accomplished it yet.

a little late to the party but...
you-can-do-it-meme-18134.jpg

I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't
The referees ruin it for us. But life is not fair. So I move on.

I still remember that, I was 11 and had neighbor friends up the street from Indiana that rang our doorbell after the game. My Dad yelled at them and told them leave. He was so mad and was swearing at them. I cried for a while on that one.

I was 10 and I’m not so sure I’ve fully let that one go.

Interesting question. Since this is kind of like an ACC game, are there ACC officials? Or does ND bring someone else? Who does ND use for their home games?
Yes would help to know the officials for this game.

I keep attempting to turn the page to Notre Dame and the season that we still have in front of us but I cannot. It was just such a huge opportunity missed and one that may only come around every 30 - 40 years. We had it right in front of us and a 21-10 lead at half. Syracuse absolutely should have won that game and Shrader said it himself.

I guess I am having difficulty moving on because of what they let slip away. Tucker not touching the ball, the penalties (some very questionable) and coaching blunders all contributed. It leaves us all with a huge "What if". I'm sorry but even if we blow the doors off of Notre Dame, I will always think what could have been.

As someone else said, this was a Program Trajectory Changing game and to have it and then lose it is just so tough to move on from. My wife keeps telling me to let it go...I can't
You're putting too much on that game. First, it's not a once in 30-40 year opportunity. We had a similar opportunity in 2018. If you mean an undefeated season, well it's only Oct. Still have 5 games to play. Against pretty stiff competition. FSU/Pitt/Wake is still a gauntlet. No reason to think we get out of that unscathed either. This is an awesome season so far. Let's enjoy it. We've already managed two sell-outs in the same year. I remember before Dino was hired we were talking about how the Dome hadn't been sold out since it opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom