I can't stand Syracuse fans, Boeheim is right | Syracusefan.com

I can't stand Syracuse fans, Boeheim is right

Caboose

Scout Team
ND was a thoroughly entertaining game. Let me tell you something though- we have the worst fans in college basketball, hands down. A bunch of lazy, boring, unenthusiastic people who are just there killing time. This was a game that had countless pivotal moments where you'd expect the crowd to stand up and raise the decibels to max levels and fire up our guys on defense, but nope.

I was in section 110 Saturday. I stood up multiple times, waving my arms upward while yelling STAND UP, GET UP, but nothing. People sitting on their hands like zombies. Big shot after big shot, long Girard three, a dunk here, dunk there, and we needed to fire up our guys on defense, but nobody was on board with me. Their cheering lasts like 10 seconds, then they rush to get their asses back down in the seat. I don't understand why these ppl go to the games to act like they're at church. I'm tired of it. Sad.

ND was a thoroughly entertaining game. Let me tell you something though- we have the worst fans in college basketball, hands down. A bunch of lazy, boring, unenthusiastic people who are just there killing time. This was a game that had countless pivotal moments where you'd expect the crowd to stand up and raise the decibels to max levels and fire up our guys on defense, but nope.

I was in section 110 Saturday. I stood up multiple times, waving my arms upward while yelling STAND UP, GET UP, but nothing. People sitting on their hands like zombies. Big shot after big shot, long Girard three, a dunk here, dunk there, and we needed to fire up our guys on defense, but nobody was on board with me. Their cheering lasts like 10 seconds, then they rush to get their asses back down in the seat. I don't understand why these ppl go to the games to act like they're at church. I'm tired of it. Sad.
You mean the terrible fans that show up in big numbers on week nights during a snow storm? Those fans?

You mean the terrible fans that show up in big numbers on week nights during a snow storm? Those fans?
I will say when I watch other college games based with smaller arena and more school spirit even if the kids are on break our crowd energy is very hard to become proactive. It can be a loud reactive crowd at times.

Ah so now we are doing this again.
So people spending their money on the product isn’t enough?
Offer all those fans cash refunds then.
Create a rulebook for attendance.
The Dome was loud on TV for this game. It wasn’t a morgue.
Our fans have been patience and loyal.
Students stand the entire game. The rest of the fanbase it’s not expected.

If the crowd was louder would it have willed Sidibe to get a defensive rebound?

So Boeheim makes a single comment about the crowd enthusiasm level in one game and CuseCaboose extends that to a general observation about Dome fans in all games?

I can’t count the times JB has pointed out the value of the Dome crowds in individual games and in the success of the basketball program in general.

CuseCaboose, in order to find some support for his observation, tries to make it look like JB agrees with him.

It’s within the realm of possibility that CuseCaboose behaves like an over-excited, over-demonstrative, and over-caffeinated fool at these games and wants everyone to join in so his antics seem more normal.

I thought the crowd was pretty good Saturday, but there's a reason I don't get my tickets in the 100"s.
Wasn't just the 100's, was the entire crowd. Big shot after big shot, in every other arena would have seen the crowd stand up with the noise reaching a sustained crescendo. Not w these fans. Boeheim is a smart man. He didn't just talk out of his ass a couple weeks ago when he criticized this aspect of the fans. Just showing up is not enough. I take it the people who disagree with this her are some of the old ***s who behave this very way, not surprised lol.

Wasn't just the 100's, was the entire crowd. Big shot after big shot, in every other arena would have seen the crowd stand up with the noise reaching a sustained crescendo. Not w these fans. Boeheim is a smart man. He didn't just talk out of his ass a couple weeks ago when he criticized this aspect of the fans. Just showing up is not enough. I take it the people who disagree with this her are some of the old ***s who behave this very way, not surprised lol.
Knock it off.

Or, maybe they are not children who make stupid statements.

Lived in New England, went to BC / Cuse games pretty regularly. Also lived in DC for a while and went to Cuse / GTown games fairly regularly. Plenty other fan bases are worse or on par. You're clueless. Our fans are just fine.

All I know is what I see and hear on television. From my seat the 19,821 people who were there were plenty loud. If we have any problem with crowds it is the several thousand who were not there on Saturday to see a game against a traditional foe who usually plays us close. But I guess that's what you get when SU is fielding a barely .500 team.

I found it comical that Syracuse would make a big play and they would pan to the crowd. The folks they zeroed in on droopy eyelids an occasional yawn no reaction stoic. Strange. It’s like the tv production was trying to make caboose point

I love posts like this, the fans are definitely the reason this team has lost to any other D1 program with a pulse and why Mooney looked like Shaq reincarnated on Saturday. You want the fans to cheer non stop, how about getting a rebound, having one of our two guards actually play defense up top or just maybe not letting an average D1 Center look like Olajuwon in his prime.

nope.

Most loyal fans in college basketball.

I wonder if Jim misses the Manley Zoo, I know I do. SU somewhat neutered the students and being a #1 party school I'd want those crazy drunk students out there setting the tone.
I didn't see the game and I've never seen a game at Manley. But yes, I think there would be something cool about being in a small packed arena right on top of the game.

On a related note, I read the book ScoreCasters once. Using analytics, the writers determined that the main result the crowd has is influencing the officiating. Food for thought.

ESPN2 must have pumped in a LOT of crowd noise. Very nice of them.

Only 19,821 showing up for a Saturday 4 pm game against ND is a troubling sign. But the noise they made wasn't.
Yeah it sounded like the fans were in it to me. What do people honestly expect? Standing and hollering for 40 straight minutes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom