I can't wait until the commitments start dropping... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I can't wait until the commitments start dropping...

I believe it was where they made you pay for school year one and then the next year you would get your scholarship
Wonder if a gray scholarship player is eligible for NIL $. This question assumes there are NIL rules.

Wonder if a gray scholarship player is eligible for NIL $. This question assumes there are NIL rules.

Isn’t that kinda what went on with that athletic dude we were crootin’, who ended up as a PWO w Oklahoma?

He said straight out that they’d give him enough NIL to pay for school.

That seems pretty damn ‘gray’ to me.

Anyone remember the term gray scholarship and what it meant/means?
I think it means that you defer enrolling at this school, and then come in the spring semester so in other words, the school offers you a scholarship, but instead of going for fall semester, you don't enroll until January.

It was a way for schools to juggle the numbers.

And if I recall correctly, gray shirts could be applied to the previous year scholarship numbers, not the 25 for the next year. And since every school has attrition, that was beneficial because the schools could backfill and not lose valuable open scholarships for the upcoming class.

I thought a greyshirt was that you'd accept a scholarship but couldn't enroll until January. That way, you counted against next years numbers.
That's it, thank you.

Tom Hiddleston What GIF

If I'm the staff I'm much more concerned with immediate upgrades via portal vs. high school talent that is going to take years to develop
He specifically said that won’t be the focus. Said 1 year kids if they are pro’s but at least wants 2 years for culture. All the portal pounding isn’t worth it. Just like he said you’re always dealing with someone who leaves another school for one reason or another. I’m sure he will be selective but HS recruiting sounds to be the core strategy which i totally agree with.

He specifically said that won’t be the focus. Said 1 year kids if they are pro’s but at least wants 2 years for culture. All the portal pounding isn’t worth it. Just like he said you’re always dealing with someone who leaves another school for one reason or another. I’m sure he will be selective but HS recruiting sounds to be the core strategy which i totally agree with.
I think some position groups are behind the 8 ball (specifically OL and QB) that I could see him hitting the portal harder this year than in future years.

But it looks like there’s really strong focus so far on CB, WR, and DL at the high school ranks.

I think some position groups are behind the 8 ball (specifically OL and QB) that I could see him hitting the portal harder this year than in future years.

But it looks like there’s really strong focus so far on CB, WR, and DL at the high school ranks.
Definitely need 2 QB’s and an OT or 2

Top 40 is reasonable

I put my guess at 37 finish this year.

Next year, probably just outside top 30 (31-33 range)

The year after can be the big leap we are all hoping for.

Even though finishing top 40 this year would be a big leap from where we have been
Year 3 is when, if they are gonna fail, hires like this fail. They fail after their sales funnel & contacts acquired at the prior institution dry up.

If Fran bucks this potential outcome & succeeds into year 3, he will have the chance to honor his (completely unnecessary) promise of being an SU lifer.

Obviously hope he succeeds.

Top 40 is reasonable

I put my guess at 37 finish this year.

Next year, probably just outside top 30 (31-33 range)

The year after can be the big leap we are all hoping for.

Even though finishing top 40 this year would be a big leap from where we have been
Fair points. I wouldn’t look beyond 2 years anymore in college football

Fran could be hc of Georgia then. This year and next and then let’s see how it goes. I don’t buy Fran is here for 10 years. Let’s be real on the coach talk.

Fair points. I wouldn’t look beyond 2 years anymore in college football

Fran could be hc of Georgia then. This year and next and then let’s see how it goes. I don’t buy Fran is here for 10 years. Let’s be real on the coach talk.
I’ll take being good for 2 years in a row with 2 premier bowl games and a solid foundation. Then he can do whatever he wants

I believe I heard HCFB mention our recruiting target areas are NJ, Pennsylvania, DMV & NY. I don't believe I heard Ohio. Is that not a target? Should it be? Is this just not HCFB area?

What worries me about that is in the short term, who knows how long the NIL money spigot is on if there isn’t immediate success.

Getting in guys with immediate eligibility that have already used their one transfer seems ideal for the current moment

I believe I heard HCFB mention our recruiting target areas are NJ, Pennsylvania, DMV & NY. I don't believe I heard Ohio. Is that not a target? Should it be? Is this just not HCFB area?
He said Canada down to the DMV with spot recruiting in the other areas.
To me that meant if they see a kid not in that "zone" they like they will go after him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom