I can't wait until the commitments start dropping... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I can't wait until the commitments start dropping...

100% he will. They all do. Have a good buddy who is Tulane alumni. Last year Fritz said he wants retire from Tulane in 2030. 11 months later he’s the head coach at Houston and he’s 63 years old. Like you said just enjoy the ride
Look, you’re probably right.

But imagine your team was a top 10-15 Nationally every year when you were really into football as a kid 87-99. Undefeated season, owned the NE in recruiting and recruited well nationally believe it or not back in the day.

You’ve watched, or suffered, through 20 plus years of the Greg Robinson debacle and Marrone’s sudden exit after some hope, Finally we had a great season (Thanks Eric Dungey) then implode again.

And now, that team has hired a coach as well liked and respected as a coach and recruiter in the game as HCFB. Then, one HCFB hired some of the “other” best recruiters in the game in Robinson and Williams to lead your D. And that staff, in LESS than a week amassed as many 4 stars in ONE WEEKEND to officially visit SYRACUSE NY IN DECEMBER in the last 30 years.

And you’re preparing “us” for his inevitable departure in a few years. No offense man, I would give your left arm for 3 years of a huge infusion of talent and then take my chances. I’m pretty much joking, but most of it’s based on true events, lol.

It’s college football. Nobody stays. If they’re successful, they leave. If they’re unsuccessful, they’re shown the door. It’s just the way things are. Shouldn’t keep anyone from wanting a successful coach. To want the opposite is just crazy.
There's a bunch of successful coaches in college football right now that have stayed. Especially the top tier coaches

If they get in the right situation and win, it's not a given that a coach will always leave

Don't disagree that we need help on the OLine, but getting Wohlabaugh, Ellis (?) and potentially Joe More back combined with how the line played in the power offense in November doesn't make things look quite so dire.
Will we definitely get More? Isn’t he a Rs Sr? I mean he should with all these 6 and 7 year guys but i assume he’ll have to apply for a medical redshirt .

well prepare to be crushed when he leaves. Look at it this way, if he build us into something to put us back on map then enjoy the ride and take what you get. He'll leave when he gets a better offer for a bigger job don't get duped.
I will say most people leave because they ultimately want to win championships. You
win championships by bringing in the kids you want on the recruiting trail. I think a lot will depend on if he is able to consistently bring in the caliber athlete he wants to recruit. IF he is able to bring in those type of recruits what would be the point of moving on? If he succeeds with the talent, he then succeeds on the field, and we pay him accordingly, what would be the point in leaving?

Coaches either leave because the resources aren’t there or you can’t get the talent.

Don't disagree that we need help on the OLine, but getting Wohlabaugh, Ellis (?) and potentially Joe More back combined with how the line played in the power offense in November doesn't make things look quite so dire.
I think we need to move away from Ellis unless the new staff can transform him. Overweight and injury prone isn’t going to cut it.

I think we need to move away from Ellis unless the new staff can transform him. Overweight and injury prone isn’t going to cut it.
I thought he was pretty solid his true freshman year as a starter. He will only be a redshirt sophomore with starting experience. He can certainly lose a few bad pounds but he carries it pretty well.

I thought he was pretty solid his true freshman year as a starter. He will only be a redshirt sophomore with starting experience. He can certainly lose a few bad pounds but he carries it pretty well.
I think he put on a significant amount of bad weight. His arms from his senior HS season to now haven’t really grown much.

I think he put on a significant amount of bad weight. His arms from his senior HS season to now haven’t really grown much.
He was 390 when he arrived. No clue how much he is now, but if he’s over 400lb then i would agree with you. Haven’t seen him in person lately.

He was 390 when he arrived. No clue how much he is now, but if he’s over 400lb then i would agree with you. Haven’t seen him in person lately.
I think he was well over 400 this season.

He slimmed down a bit after he arrived. I just thought he moved a lot better last season.

Hence the ? but reports were that he had lost some weight and was playing very well before the latest injury. He was slated to start opposite Bleich for a reason other than no better options existed

Look, you’re probably right.

But imagine your team was a top 10-15 Nationally every year when you were really into football as a kid 87-99. Undefeated season, owned the NE in recruiting and recruited well nationally believe it or not back in the day.

You’ve watched, or suffered, through 20 plus years of the Greg Robinson debacle and Marrone’s sudden exit after some hope, Finally we had a great season (Thanks Eric Dungey) then implode again.

And now, that team has hired a coach as well liked and respected as a coach and recruiter in the game as HCFB. Then, one HCFB hired some of the “other” best recruiters in the game in Robinson and Williams to lead your D. And that staff, in LESS than a week amassed as many 4 stars in ONE WEEKEND to officially visit SYRACUSE NY IN DECEMBER in the last 30 years.

And you’re preparing “us” for his inevitable departure in a few years. No offense man, I would give your left arm for 3 years of a huge infusion of talent and then take my chances. I’m pretty much joking, but most of it’s based on true events, lol.
Enjoy it and if he is hired away it means we have been successful. But seriously, I am not going to hold it against him if and when he leaves because of what he said in his opening PC.

Enjoy it and if he is hired away it means we have been successful. But seriously, I am not going to hold it against him if and when he leaves because of what he said in his opening PC.

Nor will I. The Million Dollar Man said it best..

giphy.gif

Hence the ? but reports were that he had lost some weight and was playing very well before the latest injury. He was slated to start opposite Bleich for a reason other than no better options existed
Regarding all the comments in reference to addressing this (or any) player's ability and effort, it sounds like a job for D A R.T. I expect he'll either buy in or not. Love not only the plan, but the fact that there IS a plan to address everyone's abilities and goals.
Jeez, I'm feeling good.

Alabama's starting OL goes 360, 352, 360, 316 and 305

...so he can play heavy and I think they'll just try to get him in better shape and lighter on his feet. When healthy and in shape he's played well; last season.

Georgia OL goes 320, 315, 310, 310, 320

Michigan avg is about 320.

TAMU avg about 325

Texas only has one guy under 320 and one starter that goes 343

Syracuse goes 311, 302, 315, 323, 292; avg 308

Alabama's starting OL goes 360, 352, 360, 316 and 305

...so he can play heavy and I think they'll just try to get him in better shape and lighter on his feet. When healthy and in shape he's played well; last season.

Georgia OL goes 320, 315, 310, 310, 320

Michigan avg is about 320.

TAMU avg about 325

Texas only has one guy under 320 and one starter that goes 343

Syracuse goes 311, 302, 315, 323, 292; avg 308
He was effective his first year but I’d really love to see them work on him shedding the bad weight and strengthen his upper body. If he balances it out a little better he’d be a force in the run game for sure and it will go a long ways towards helping him stay healthy.

He was effective his first year but I’d really love to see them work on him shedding the bad weight and strengthen his upper body. If he balances it out a little better he’d be a force in the run game for sure and it will go a long ways towards helping him stay healthy.

I agree...I find watching Alabama's OL work a thing of marvel. I understand those guys are all pro's by my god they are HOGS and they don't seem to ever wear down. They just keep grinding you. The game with Michigan might be a running game bore fest but if you like OL play it'll probably be incredible.

Underrated movie.

Clarence Beeks/Mr. Vernon/Deputy Chief Dwayne T. Robinson plays his villain role to perfection once again.
Great movie for a 15 year old back in the day. People wonder why some athletes lack motivation today, its probably because they lack a plethora of great sports movies to guide them.

* Impressing a young Uma Thurman? Check.
* Beating Shute? Check.
* Bringing a championship to depressed Armpipe? Check.

Great movie for a 15 year old back in the day. People wonder why some athletes lack motivation today, its probably because they lack a plethora of great sports movies to guide them.

* Impressing a young Uma Thurman? Check.
* Beating Shute? Check.
* Bringing a championship to depressed Armpipe? Check.

Athletes lack motivation “today” compared to years ago and it’s because there were more sports movies out a long time ago to keep those athletes motivated. :confused::confused::confused:

This seems like a reach even by this boards standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom