I don't understand the bashing of JB and Wildhack | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I don't understand the bashing of JB and Wildhack

Like everyone on this board I am really disappointed in this season. But I really have a tough time understanding how this board has become nothing but a place to complain about JB and JW.

Since JW has been there SU has turned a tired looking facility into one of the best college stadium's in the country. The new Lally center is going to be a big boost to recruiting. The AD has a bit more to do than just hire and fire coaches.

The bashing of JB over the past two seasons is ridiculous, the entire country has been impacted by the Covid pandemic the past two years, why wouldn't we expect it to impact the the quality of play of everyone of our sports teams? This is not a bad team, it took them a while to figure out how to play together, but they fought every minute of every game this season and is capable of beating every team in the ACC except for Duke. IF JB is such a bad coach how did Jesse become such a force from his freshman season to his sophomore season? If we didn't loose him to the injury I believe we would have 3-4 more wins this year. Joe may not be the player that many thought he would, he was recruited by Duke and many other top programs, he decided on SU, he makes some mistakes but damn he plays hard and makes a lot of 3 pointers and I believe he will kick ass next year.

What really bothers me are people saying JB should retire because of his age, I listen to him speak and I don't see that he has lost any of his mental faculties, he appears to be in very good physical condition and he loves to coach. Why should he retire? We have one of our best recruiting classes in years coming in, Jesse should be coming back, next year will be another great year of SU basketball and I love that SU has one of the greatest of all time as its leader.
Just to put my 2 cents in so to speak.
Im not bashing wildhack... I think he made a very good hire in lacrosse and womens basketball plus the tremendous upgrades on the football staff, already paying dividends!
So, he has made some good moves & overall doing a good job.
Just disagree with a few on jim boehiem is all.
In summary i dissagree sure but doesn't undue the good he's done...IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom