I dont understand this board sometimes | Syracusefan.com

I dont understand this board sometimes

upperdeck

Living Legend
we go from we are awful to we can win the BE to we suck in the course of a few weeks. really we lost to a team that we should have and beat a team we should have.. the other two games were more on our mistakes than anything the other teams did to us.

we gifted NW two td's. do people think we should be beating teams by 20+ points on a regular basis now? that game was all on is.. if we were 2-2 this board would not be in full melt down. they would all be disappointed about losing to an AVG minn team..

so we lost a game we gifted two TD's and lost another we committed 4 TO's against that really three were gifts as well. Minn had 350 yds, a handful of big pass plays, missed two FGs but one never happens without the gift TO and the TD called back that probably never gets thrown with the Holding penalty so in reality they probably score 20.. does anything have a problem holding them to 350 yds and 20 points? thats about what NW did and they scored 42.

the offense turned it over 4 times which is probably 3 times too many. the play calling is trying to still hide our big weakness in pass protection and power running. its not like we struggled to move the ball but once we get inside the 30 teams dont have to protect the field and that makes our weaknesses a bigger deal.. I didn't realize that most teams turn around the issues we had last year in a few games.

1-3 instead of 3-1 and threw away two games. if we get to 5-7 with three BCS road game losses or 4 BCS losses thats not really showing we haven't improved. our RB avg 5 yds a carry Minn avg under 3.the qb's played equal but ours had the two INT. flip that stat and we win, flip a ricochet INT in both games and we are probably 3-1. we are that close .

we are what we are.. we have shown that we can be way behind in the mistakes and still have a shot at winning the games. we have made huge strides, but it sucks to have lost games to pitt/uconn/minn/NW/rutgers that were there for the winning . time will tell if its still sucks 8 games from now..

We aren't what we are. We have 8-5 talent but will underachieve. We have lost 8 straight games where we had more talent than half the teams we lost to. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Why is it that losing has become acceptable?

time will tell if its still sucks 8 games from now..
Thanks for your post. Perspective is a good thing. There are many that attribute the What losses to coaching and they may be right. I wish I knew. What I do know is that the team lost 2 games this year that I think they should have won. Blame for those losses can be attributed to many parts of what I think is a good team. Anyhow, we're in a bad place right now if we want to go bowling. We need to win 5 of our last 8 games to even be considered and we've only won 1 of our last 8, so the odds are long. I still have hope, no matter how psychotic that may be.

I understand what you are saying, but you should see how our fans acted last year during the Basketball season when we 30-1 in the regular season, and people were FLAT OUT BITCHING during that stretch. If we went 30-1 and people are complaining you can't ever be happy. With that said, people are being realists and see this team isn't a bowl team, and its the same ole crap. Both sides are sloppy,make unforced errors, and don't improve week to week.

We aren't what we are. We have 8-5 talent but will underachieve. We have lost 8 straight games where we had more talent than half the teams we lost to. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Why is it that losing has become acceptable?
I like your posts, but don't always agree. However, the object of the game is to win. It's good once in a while to remind ourselves of the ultimate goal. In the same way that the coaches overthink the gameplan, we overthink it too. Winning is good, losing is bad. Seems simple, right? I expect wins and am disappointed with losses. We should win more than we lose with the talent we have. I just don't understand the reasons we lose. We had the better team against NW and UM. I believe that. Why did the games go so poorly? It may be coaching, but it may be my Karma which is bad enough to infect the western hemisphere.

Did coaching cause the turnovers that lost the Minnesota game? Perhaps the poor playcalling caused one or more of the turnovers, but Broyld lost that fumble on a decent play. That one wasn't on Marrone or Hackett. I do think that we would have won if the What plays called in the redzone were challenged before the team tried to execute them. We gave up a lot of points due to poorly designed plays and turnovers. Those points were the difference between winning and losing. But, we lost and we lost as a team. DM has a large measure of responsibility, but the players didn't make plays either. Bottom line: we lost and it sucks. It makes the rest of this season very difficult and that sucks too.

You dont understand how an emotionally charged fan base with a group of fans who care enough to post on a forum go from thinking their team is really good to being very bad so quickly?

It's called sports fandom. It doesn't just happen here either.

Edit: or, what Bees said!

Totally disagree that we have enough talent to win these games. We lack talent all over the field.

Reactions: 007
What is not to understand about the Board? We score a lot of points, look much improved and creative on offense, people are happy. Last night, we struggle on offense, get pushed around, make some turnovers -- not so happy. Our coach seemed down -- not so happy.

The issue, ultimately, is how this team gets better as the season progresses. Pugh's return is big, obviously -- as the OL is the weakest unit. We have some kids in the wings at several spots (Eskridge, Desire, Morgan -- maybe other true frosh); we have those jucos working into the mix at DT. We have enough depth in most units (maybe not OL).

This board is like every fan board and like every fanbase. We don't own the market on emotional ebbs and flows.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's quite right. But it's also the same argument that gives us "This team is like every team; it doesn't own the market on brain-farts, mistakes, and disappointing losses."

I want to strive for better.

Nassib's quote said it all for me last week..."winning is an unfamiliar feeling." There's a certain comfort level in feeling familiar. And, as odd as it may be, losing happens to fall within a comfort level/zone that this program has become accustomed to. Until this culture of losing actually changes, unfortunately, it's just more of the same.

Nassib's quote said it all for me last week..."winning is an unfamiliar feeling." There's a certain comfort level in feeling familiar. And, as odd as it may be, losing happens to fall within a comfort level/zone that this program has become accustomed to. Until this culture of losing actually changes, unfortunately, it's just more of the same.
That is the key, Nassib is the QB our leader he needs to purge all negative thoughts, and go out and perform to win. Thats why I disagee with some who don't blame him, I've watched him make good plays, he needs to go out and win one.

Totally disagree that we have enough talent to win these games. We lack talent all over the field.

This just isn't correct. Anyone who has watched this team for the last 10 years knows when we lacked talent. This team is deeper and talented then we have been in awhile.

44cuse

This just isn't correct. Anyone who has watched this team for the last 10 years knows when we lacked talent. This team is deeper and talented then we have been in awhile.

44cuse

NW had one good player who was a big factor in the outcome. Their D stunk and the rest of their O was weaker than ours. Did Minny have even one player that you noticed last night? Their DL was able to get pressure one can point to that. Otherwise? Were people really wowed by Minny? I still think we are more talented than both of those teams, which makes the Ls so hard to swallow.

That is the key, Nassib is the QB our leader he needs to purge all negative thoughts, and go out and perform to win. Thats why I disagee with some who don't blame him, I've watched him make good plays, he needs to go out and win one.
He turned the ball over 3 times. He's one of our best all-time QB's...he needs to elevate his game when necessary...can you say he did that against Minnesota? I love the guy like my son, but did he execute satisfactorily?

He turned the ball over 3 times. He's one of our best all-time QB's...he needs to elevate his game when necessary...can you say he did that against Minnesota? I love the guy like my son, but did he execute satisfactorily?

At least one of those TOs was not his fault. Maybe two. The first INT was Nassib too hyped up and threw the timing route too soon? Or did West run a poor pattern, causing him to turn late? I would guess that it was Nassib but we as fans can't tell for sure. The second INT was due to the hit. How on Earth does the OL not pick up a blitzer coming right up the middle? Either Mackey did not make the correct line call or someone missed the assignment. The fumble is all on Nassib. He has had a fumbling issue his entire career. Which is why he likely slides when a defender is near.

NW had one good player who was a big factor in the outcome. Their D stunk and the rest of their O was weaker than ours. Did Minny have even one player that you noticed last night? Their DL was able to get pressure one can point to that. Otherwise? Were people really wowed by Minny? I still think we are more talented than both of those teams, which makes the Ls so hard to swallow.

Talent was not why we lost. We both know that. It's not exclusively anything. It's a combination of: stupid penalties, stupid decision making, turnovers, poor OL/DL play, etc.

44cuse

Do you think SU has more talent than Northwestern and Minnesota?

Whose job is it to bring in better talent? Not mine. Not yours.

Do you think SU has more talent than Northwestern and Minnesota?

Same general ballpark of talent. That's why it's tiring to continue to lose these tools-up type of games.

We are all looking through orange colored lenses . We got some talent more than a in a long time but we are not there yet we still have holes young running backs an offensive line that still needs work and Pugh is not the finishing touch. Tackling is more than rolling into ball carriers it is wrapping up and putting them on the ground . Time after time there is blown coverages ie Stonybrook tight end in end zone no one within ten yds just lucky he dropped it or 2 td half time lead. We are better but lots of work remains. Just don't give up yet !

Perception is what the fans think. Character is what the team is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom