I dread the Final Four this year. | Syracusefan.com

I dread the Final Four this year.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
March Madness has been so good this year and this unfortunately is how it shakes out.

I'm definitely rooting against Duke and Kansas as I am assuming 99.9% of this board will be as well.

So that leaves Nova or UNC. I applaud Hubert Davis and UNC for really upping their game but I still have a hard time rooting for them.

That leaves our friend Jay Wright. I don't think this is his best team and they have that injury issue again, but if I am going to watch the finals, Nova will need to be playing. Hopefully they can get it done on Saturday night.

Zero winners in this Final Four. Just reinforces that Syracuse basketball is falling from its place that used to be with the elites. Nova has replaced us as the best program in the Northeast (they replaced us 4 years ago, this just solidifies it).

We won’t get back to the elite level until changes are made. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is Nova basically fell to a point of being irrelevant and were able to revive their program through the hard work and talent of Jay Wright, and they’re doing it with far inferior facilities. We could (should?) bounce back quickly with the right coaching hire.

It’s clear our program is on life support. Desperately needs a new direction. A decade of mediocrity and decline is enough.

Zero winners in this Final Four. Just reinforces that Syracuse basketball is falling from its place that used to be with the elites. Nova has replaced us as the best program in the Northeast (they replaced us 4 years ago, this just solidifies it).

We won’t get back to the elite level until changes are made. The only thing that keeps me hopeful is Nova basically fell to a point of being irrelevant and were able to revive their program through the hard work and talent of Jay Wright, and they’re doing it with far inferior facilities. We could (should?) bounce back quickly with the right coaching hire.

It’s clear our program is on life support. Desperately needs a new direction. A decade of mediocrity and decline is enough.
Our program is not on life support. Good God. One losing season. Yes, we need to make changes but let's not go overboard.

March Madness has been so good this year and this unfortunately is how it shakes out.
Yep, I'm right there with you. It's like the universe is kicking me in the nuts. First, we don't make it, and it wasn't even close. Now, we have three teams I loathe. Dook is dook, enough said. I grew great distaste for Kansas over the years because of an obnoxious friend of mine who is a huge fan. Also, they cheat and get away with it. Then you have Nova. That's where my sister and brother in law went to school. They hardly watch basketball, but when Villanova makes a run, they're the biggest fans. It makes me vomit. I can't believe I'm left with UNC to root for, but that's what it is (for me).

Jay Wright is a young 60 years old. This is his 3rd FF in seven seasons. Will he feel he needs another challenge anytime soon?

Our program is not on life support. Good God. One losing season. Yes, we need to make changes but let's not go overboard.
I think we can all agree that the last X number of seasons has been very stressful for Syracuse. However, I think it is safe to guess that of all CBB coaches with over 500 wins or however many, only one never had a losing season prior to this year.

We will have a new coach in the next year or two. Let's hope he is able to replicate the success of HOFHCJAB.

Near decade of decline. No clear direction for the future. It’s on life support.
Life support is Boston College. Life support is our football team for the last 20 years. A decade is 2012. We were a #1 seed. The following year we went to the final four. As we did just 3 years later. And two sweet 16's after that. You want to say the program has slipped. Yes. You want to say we desperately need a change? Yes. But words have meaning. We aren't in some sort of death spiral. That's nonsense. Very few want change more than I do. I want a coach that gets up every day wanting to make this program great and more importantly, is willing to do what it takes to make that happen. That isn't a 77 year old guy. But life support means close top death. And we aren't that.

Meh. Iowa State had 2 wins last year and won 22 this year. It takes one change and one year in CBB.
Awesome. Hopefully we have a similar turnaround next year. But what happens to us next year has zero to do with ISU.

Life support is Boston College. Life support is our football team for the last 20 years. A decade is 2012. We were a #1 seed. The following year we went to the final four. As we did just 3 years later. And two sweet 16's after that. You want to say the program has slipped. Yes. You want to say we desperately need a change? Yes. But words have meaning. We aren't in some sort of death spiral. That's nonsense. Very few want change more than I do. I want a coach that gets up every day wanting to make this program great and more importantly, is willing to do what it takes to make that happen. That isn't a 77 year old guy. But life support means close top death. And we aren't that.
It’s on life support. Boston College has never been relevant in college basketball. We’re a (former) elite program on a severe decline.

Indiana is probably a better comparison. They’re basically an afterthought in college basketball. We could be there fairly soon if the right change isn’t made.

8 mediocre regular seasons but F4 and 2 S16s, we are not on life support. Just some physical therapy and rehab before we're perennial Top 25 again. The next coach has to be the right hire, I think we go outside the program though.

It’s on life support. Boston College has never been relevant in college basketball. We’re a (former) elite program on a severe decline.

Indiana is probably a better comparison. They’re basically an afterthought in college basketball. We could be there fairly soon if the right change isn’t made.
BC made a S16 with Bill Curley in the early 90s, Jim O'Brien was the coach. They had some real good teams with Michael Adams, Jay Murphy and Martin Clark, Gary Williams coach. I think Dr. Tom Davis had decent teams there. Al Skinner was a good coach. But they've been real bad now for a long time.

BC made a S16 with Bill Curley in the early 90s, Jim O'Brien was the coach. They had some real good teams with Michael Adams, Jay Murphy and Martin Clark, Gary Williams coach. I think Dr. Tom Davis had decent teams there. Al Skinner was a good coach. But they've been real bad now for a long time.
Again, BC has never been relevant in college basketball. They are a perennial power conference bottom feeder.

BC is such a low bar that the bar is barely above the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom