I feel calmer now | Syracusefan.com

I feel calmer now

ottodaorange

Starter
I've had a couple of Tanqueray and bitter lemons, more than a couple of tokes, and time to reflect on a horrible day for the Orange, mercilessly beaten by NCS, and taken to the woodshed by Colgate, who hasn't beaten us in 54 tries. But since this is the football board, I will focus on football.

The last time we were really good was during the coach Mac era. Some things have changed since then, but Mac was special. College football is changing rapidly, and in the past two years they've turned on the jets, especially in human rights. I think Dino is aware of this and tries. He is also stubborn! I am not criticizing him for this. Many successful people have the same trait. But I think of his anguished decision to select a starting quarterback, and I wonder.

Dino has said he coached on a top 10 college team that played two quarterbacks. He also said he didn't want to do that, I assume as a personal choice regardless of what talent he had to work with. In retrospect, while this was all being discussed, mostly bench Tommy and start Garret, I thought that he should use both. The offensive line has improved quite a bit this year and every team needs to be able to pass as well as run the ball. The smart thing to do is use each, depending on your opponents weaknesses.

It's too late to do anything about this now, but I don't mind saying I miss Tommy and I wonder if we have someone on the bench that can pass better, to rotate with Garrett.

Good night and good luck.

I've had a couple of Tanqueray and bitter lemons, more than a couple of tokes, and time to reflect on a horrible day for the Orange, mercilessly beaten by NCS, and taken to the woodshed by Colgate, who hasn't beaten us in 54 tries. But since this is the football board, I will focus on football.

The last time we were really good was during the coach Mac era. Some things have changed since then, but Mac was special. College football is changing rapidly, and in the past two years they've turned on the jets, especially in human rights. I think Dino is aware of this and tries. He is also stubborn! I am not criticizing him for this. Many successful people have the same trait. But I think of his anguished decision to select a starting quarterback, and I wonder.

Dino has said he coached on a top 10 college team that played two quarterbacks. He also said he didn't want to do that, I assume as a personal choice regardless of what talent he had to work with. In retrospect, while this was all being discussed, mostly bench Tommy and start Garret, I thought that he should use both. The offensive line has improved quite a bit this year and every team needs to be able to pass as well as run the ball. The smart thing to do is use each, depending on your opponents weaknesses.

It's too late to do anything about this now, but I don't mind saying I miss Tommy and I wonder if we have someone on the bench that can pass better, to rotate with Garrett.

We had some excellent teams under P

This is a bad post.

1- P had some bad years at the end, but he had some very very good teams during the mid 90’s.

2- As much as shrader hasn’t grown as a passer like we would have hoped, Devito was not the answer. No matter what offensive line he had, he did not ever produce or show someone that could produce.

Mac was 30-36-1 his first 6 years here. Fortunately the Sack Mac crowd didn’t win.

We had some excellent teams under P
I agree that P had some good teams at the beginning, much of which he inherited from Mac. As time passed he didn't do as well and couldn't even keep his job at UCONN. Also as noted, Mac had a hard time just like Dino is having, but turned it around with an undefeated season, the last one we had.

In retrospect, while this was all being discussed, mostly bench Tommy and start Garret, I thought that he should use both.
I don't believe that would be acceptable to TD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom