I feel good today... | Syracusefan.com

I feel good today...

njcuse

Scout Team
After a couple of showers, I have recovered from supporting Duke for the first time in my long life. Had to eat the bullet. Dixon of the floor drives me crazy, much as Pitino has for years. I remember an SU game in MSG a few years back (Johnny Flynn)when Pitino was roving the floor. I couldn't believe the refs ignored his antics. Pissed me off to no end. Only watched a few minutes of WF, but I am sure SU will have their focus on that game, unlike most fans who can't help but look to the Duke game. The second Pitt game will be a battle; but I expect the Duke game to be more of a chess match as each coach moves the pieces here and there on the board. Two masters face off; can't wait.

I was tossing and turning all night...Duke's offensive rebounding and three point shooting against Pitt gave me nightmares!

I was tossing and turning all night...Duke's offensive rebounding and three point shooting against Pitt gave me nightmares!

Yeah, I'll admit that my "confidence meter" seems to be malfunctioning after last night's game. Duke looked really, really good.

Yeah, I'll admit that my "confidence meter" seems to be malfunctioning after last night's game. Duke looked really, really good.
We need to make the layups Pitt didn't and we will be OK. Go to the rim every play. I see this as a big Jeremi Grant game.

I expected dukes 3 point shooting to be good, I didn't expect pitt not to guard them though. They didn't get a hand in their face on any of those 3 point shots. Maybe 1 of the 23 they took.

Pitt worked hard to find three point shots I would be happy not even planning to shoot 3's against them. Grant, Fair and Ennis have to step up inside the paint no question, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those games where cooney wants to start inside out unless duke reads that and misplays him.

I wish Roberson or BJ were ready to score. I would be tempted to go with Jerami at the 5 some if they could. Jerami brings better dribble penetration from the high post, can hit a 12 footer better, crashes the offensive boards better, and gets to the line better in comparison to our centers, and thats alot to consider. Also its different when the helpside shotblocker isn't a center against someone like Jerami Grant. Thats alot to consider, I wish 52 point Roberson against kyrie irving and cj leslie would get out there, and we took a entire practice forcing the offense 5 on 5 through him. Or I wish Gbinije found a way to score 8-10 in a 3 guard lineup.
tylerroberson.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny, both K and JB play the percentages. JB plays the numbers that says a team can't hit consistently enough from 3 for an entire game to break his system. K plays the numbers that in actuality the college 3 point shot is very easy and that good players, given enough looks, will drain that shot with enough regularity to win. Both are correct in a lot of ways and the reason both are so successful is they are committed to their respective philosophy and are able to recruit the personnel to execute it as best as can be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom