I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight. | Syracusefan.com

I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight.

Eric15

Living Legend
I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

Oh give it a rest. The game was over the second the charge was called. His reaction was 100% warranted.

Pearl, that's completely insane. It was a two point game.

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?
Bad call, stupid reaction. Thanks Boeheim.

Eh, Duke flipped out last game and look what they earned tonight? A whole bunch of horrendous calls - hopefully when we face off in the ACC tourney we earned a whole bunch of horrendous calls in our favor.

Win or lose, we competed, and Boeheim stood up for a team. It will light a fire for Maryland.

Our chances for winning were low after that call. The impact of his going off will be positive for Monday, and possibly into Sunday.

Bigger picture, even if you want to look at it purely from a W/L perpective, its probably a positive.

And we still control MSG.

I agree...it was still a 2 point game with 10.5 secs...they miss one of the their fts and we have another shot.

Everyone keeps saying he was "making a statement" or "standing up for the team" who cares? Its not the first time a ref has made a bad call against us and wont be the last.

eao1115 said:
I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left. And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

Few will agree with you, but you're right. Given the choice before the game, 100% of our fans would have chosen down 2 with 10 secs to play and Duke ball over down 2 with 10 seconds to play and Duke getting 4 FTs and the ball. The game is not over in the first scenario. Far from it. Surprised so many would rather watch JB go nuts than have a chance to win at Duke.

Here is why you are dead wrong. This game was not the championship. This is one step on a journey. When you get a win stolen from you by the officials the best thing you can do is put a spotlight on it. You know what the ESPN headline is right now? "Charge call aids Duke win over #1 Syracuse." That is how you get things to change. Boeheim does not want to set Syracuse up for 20 years of calls going in Duke's favor. Yes, Duke won the battle, but what Boeheim did helped the big picture. Syracuse is trying to rule the ACC and all of college basketball. This is how the most influential programs get calls (look at how Coach K acts, Jordan, LeBron, you name it they play this game).

Win or lose, we competed, and Boeheim stood up for a team. It will light a fire for Maryland.

Our chances for winning were low after that call. The impact of his going off will be positive for Monday, and possibly into Sunday.

Bigger picture, even if you want to look at it purely from a W/L perpective, its probably a positive.

And we still control MSG.

He could have stood up for them without getting a t, and this team has lost two in a row, coach going nuts or not, there already should be a fire under them right now.

Here is why you are dead wrong. This game was not the championship. This is one step on a journey. When you get a win stolen from you by the officials the best thing you can do is put a spotlight on it. You know what the ESPN headline is right now? "Charge call aids Duke win over #1 Syracuse." That is how you get things to change. Boeheim does not want to set Syracuse up for 20 years of calls going in Duke's favor. Yes, Duke won the battle, but what Boeheim did helped the big picture. Syracuse is trying to rule the ACC and all of college basketball. This is how the most influential programs get calls (look at how Coach K acts, Jordan, LeBron, you name it they play this game).

The internet is yours tonight, congratulations.

Few will agree with you, but you're right. Given the choice before the game, 100% of our fans would have chosen down 2 with 10 secs to play and Duke ball over down 2 with 10 seconds to play and Duke getting 4 FTs and the ball. The game is not over in the first scenario. Far from it. Surprised so many would rather watch JB go nuts than have a chance to win at Duke.
that chance was over.

I believe they were still in the one and one. That is a ton of pressure..much more than when you are shooting 4 techs.

so to say the game was over is just plain wrong...doesn't mean I had a big problem with his outburst..but lets at least be factually correct.

I didn't like Jimmy's reaction either. We definitely had a chance, no matter how small, to maybe pull it out.

However, I UNDERSTAND his frustration, as Rak was most definitely fouled the prior possession and that's the same call the whistled Gbinije for.

I don't think it was some sort of master plan for Jimmy to fire up this team to a final 4 run, it's silly to think otherwise. What we witnessed was a competitor getting pissed at a series of bullshite calls. And they were shite.

After a post like that, drop the mic!

It wouldn't have been a 1-1 though EAO. We originally had 8 fouls before our possession even began. Once CJ picked up the charging call, it was our 9th foul. So when we fouled again (if we fouled again) it would have been our 10th team foul and they would have shot two. By no means does that mean the game is over, but I really don't have an issue with Boeheim going crazy. That was a terrible call given the fact that they called Michael for a block and the and-1. One of the worst calls I've seen in a long time given how the game was previously called and how they previously called the SAME play.

That is how you get things to change. Boeheim does not want to set Syracuse up for 20 years of calls going in Duke's favor.

Did you watch the first SU/Duke game when the most critical calls of the game went our way?