I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight.

JB stopped being the go nuts type years ago. Which tells you just how bad that call was. Odds were low we'd recover from that call (sure, we could have).

But I don't mind it. That's not JB's style these days, so I'm glad he exposed that ref for the garbage call. Sometimes pure emotion just comes flowing out when you're 100% right and the ref is 100% wrong with the game on the line.

eao1115 said:
I swear if given the choice, some of you guys would rather give Boeheim a sensual sponge bath than win at Duke.

I'll bring the candles. Jk

Last edited:
JB stopped being the go nuts type years ago. Which tells you just how bad that call was. Odds were low we'd recover from that call (sure, we could have).

But I don't mind it. That's not JB's style these days, so I'm glad he exposed that ref for the garbage call. Sometimes pure emotion just comes flowing out when you're 100% right and the ref is 100% wrong with the game on the line.
My hope is that the fact that its Boeheim sheds light on it. Surly press conferences are expected. On court explosions are not.

My hope is that the fact that its Boeheim sheds light on it. Surly press conferences are expected. On court explosions are not.

I agree in principle, Otto. There comes a time when the coach has to let the refs know they're not the only ones who know what's going on.

cusetown1 said:
I find it funny you think I didn't want a win at duke. Maybe I shouldn't give this place clicks anymore.

Well didn't you use "fans"? Essentially calling out others fandom. That was the point of me copying it. And nobody forces you to click anything.

Some people are acting like it was a statement or it was planned. He just reacted to what he thought was a horrible call given what just happened to silent g at the other end. I'm happy to see the old guy still has that kind of passion to win.

Which ref blew the call against silent G?
Not sure, but who cares! If SU fans think that the ACC and its cronies (refs included) are going to just let SU walk away with the ACC chip, then you are sadly mistaken. Just look at how the other teams are allowed to set picks on us and be as physical as they can doing it. There is nothing called on them. Or the three or four blocks that we had that were called fouls and that other teams maul us and nothing is called. Our players get hand checked and ridden to the basket and nothing is called. But we get called for blowing on a guy. Just go back and think about our past games and you will see just how hard it was to beat 8 guys on the floor even in the Dome. We can't even get a home cooked meal there. I AM GLAD TO SEE JB LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THE CALLS HAVE SUCKED ALL YEAR LONG IN THE CONFERENCE GAMES!!!! Miracle aside, the game was over after that call. Possession arrow-Duke, we have to press which is not that great and foul if we don't get a steal on the inbounds pass. On this play, Duke gets to go the length of the court to find a open player going to the hoop. We have to be able to cover that unlike the NC ST game where our half court and corner trapping is good because of the short court. Anything is possible but now they know we are not just happy to be here.

It's frustrating to lose on what amounts to a highly questionable call, that mirrored a play earlier in the game but was called a block on Gbinije. I don't know if JB was trying to make a statement for the future or for his team (for the record, he's on record as saying he was reacting in the moment to the call, and wasn't really thinking about anything else at the time).

But what I find most frustrating is anyone - including JB - saying that the game was over with that call, especially considering what we witnessed twice last week, pulling out games that we should probably have lost. I hate the fact that JB not only admitted that he thought the game was over, and his actions took away any chance for our guys to make a play or at least TRY to make a play.

Hopefully in future games we will get more calls and it'll be worth the outburst. In the grand scheme it is one game in the regular season, and maybe it WILL have a lasting impact in terms of galvanizing this team and getting us those calls down the line.

Here is why you are dead wrong. This game was not the championship. This is one step on a journey. When you get a win stolen from you by the officials the best thing you can do is put a spotlight on it. You know what the ESPN headline is right now? "Charge call aids Duke win over #1 Syracuse." That is how you get things to change. Boeheim does not want to set Syracuse up for 20 years of calls going in Duke's favor. Yes, Duke won the battle, but what Boeheim did helped the big picture. Syracuse is trying to rule the ACC and all of college basketball. This is how the most influential programs get calls (look at how Coach K acts, Jordan, LeBron, you name it they play this game).

That's if you truly believe Boeheim was scheming on the sidelines all game to premeditate this outburst. I mean, if the play happened with say .2 seconds left then I can excuse him acting like a total buffoon. The team had a chance to win @Duke. The team should've been allowed to have a chance to earn that W. Boeheim took it out of their hands. Lets just hope the team plays well moving forward or we'll never hear the end of this.

that chance was over.

We have won games this season that
Dude the game was over. I would have danielsoned this ref. watch the silent g non charge call and tell me that was fair? We were never going to get any calls tonight. I looooooove jb for going to bat for this team. Love him

With all the unlikely ways we have won games all year, I don't understand the "Dude the game was over" argument.

I think the game was over because I don't trust that a close game on Duke's home floor will be officiated fairly. That's what it boils down to. That's partly why I have no issue with Boeheim flipping out. Of course Duke was going to get that call in that situation. Of course they were.