I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight.

there was absolutely no way the refs were going to let the Yankee team beat Duke twice in their freshman season in the ACC. No Way people. Which makes JBs meltdown that much better and to be honest I'm surprised he was able to keep it together until the last 10 seconds. And I'm pretty sure the fact that Ennis and Cooney couldn't hit the broadside of a barn all night didn't help with Jimmy's blood pressure either.

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?
Disagree...as I do with most of your posts

First off stop saying it was a 1-1 it was 2 shots. The next foul would have put them in a double bonus. Sure he makes one and misses one they still have a chance but how do you motivate a team who just had the game ripped away from them by a terrible call. Also if he makes one you need a three and I know Ennis made a magical desperation 3 against Pitt but really who the hell was making a 3 at the end of this game. The game ended on that charge!
Exactly. Coulda, wouldas don't apply here. The game was literally over with that call and I don't blame JB one iota, not one! Make the GD statement and play with a chip on our shoulders the rest of the way, As far as Green, we'll await that incompetent bastard in the Dome.

TrueBlueSU said:
Exactly. Coulda, wouldas don't apply here. The game was literally over with that call and I don't blame JB one iota, not one! Make the GD statement and play with a chip on our shoulders the rest of the way, As far as Green, we'll await that incompetent bastard in the Dome.

Not going to change one single call in the future, especially at Duke.

Not going to change one single call in the future, especially at Duke.

But Bees, you don't understand, Boeheim made a statement. In future games when refs have to make split second block/charge calls, they will think back to the 2014 Syracuse @ Duke game, remember that time Boeheim got really pissed, and then give us the call. It's simple logic.

eao1115 said:
Ugh Marsh, not you too! Nothing that happened tonight officiating-wise will affect the officiating of any other game we play. It was your classic block/charge call that could go either way. I happen to think the call was lousy.

Dude the game was over. I would have danielsoned this ref. watch the silent g non charge call and tell me that was fair? We were never going to get any calls tonight. I looooooove jb for going to bat for this team. Love him

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?
First off only replying to your response. Second off replying to the bolded. They were players. They know their standing. (?) Still intmidated?

Dude the game was over. I would have danielsoned this ref. watch the silent g non charge call and tell me that was fair? We were never going to get any calls tonight. I looooooove jb for going to bat for this team. Love him

My idea of going to bat for your team is acknowledging the fact that they played their hearts out for 39 minutes and 50 seconds, and thus controlling your emotions you give them a chance to earn a victory that they deserve.

Did coach K act like an ass at the end of game in the dome? People need perspective and JB acting like an ass at the end, wont change a thing in the ACC. It's standard treatment in Durham. I hate Duke but a HOF coach can't act like that. People bitching are no different than Duke fans after the game at the dome. I don't think he made an ass of himself. The no call play at the Dome and the charge call at Cameron were night and day.

DSellers12 said:
It's going to be free throws when they inbound the ball and have to foul again.

If we don't steal it in the trap. Then yes, we foul with 6-7-8 secs left. Who knows they'll make 2FT's or even 1? They were horrible at the line tonight. Lots of excuses why we couldn't win.

My idea of going to bat for your team is acknowledging the fact that they played their hearts out for 39 minutes and 50 seconds, and thus controlling your emotions you give them a chance to earn a victory that they deserve.
The game was over on that call. Now with the non charge call on G a few ticks earlier. JB did the right thing to stand up for his team when no matter how well they played there was not going to be a victory in our favor.

Last edited:

I disagree with you vehemently. We were hosed all night long and that is without dispute. That call , against all odd fought tonight, cost us the game. It was also the wrong call and the exact opposite of the one on G (which was a charge by the rule). The game was over and it was clear the refs were not letting us win this game.

JB took a stand and made a statement. He knew we were going to lose the game. He wants to win the war, and to do this his team needed to see he was willing to concede the battle.

All that now matters is the NCAA tourney. We could still lose out and be a top 4 seed. Get in and take your chances. Win or lose. I respect JB more after he took a stand.

For my final point I would like to point out that despite the fact that is is 2014, and humanity should be more evolved, dont ever fool yourself into thinking that south of the Mason Dixon line doesnt still believe the Civil war was ever lost. This is still very much a North/South standoff

But you'd admit you couldn't get that far coaching a team at Duke, right?

You obviously don't know what motivates athletes. Maybe the Tabernacle choir would appreciate a gentlemen's approach to getting bent over. 18-22 year old kids respond to what Jimmy did for them tonight.

I disagree with you vehemently. We were hosed all night long and that is without dispute. That call , against all odd fought tonight, cost us the game. It was also the wrong call and the exact opposite of the one on G (which was a charge by the rule). The game was over and it was clear the refs were not letting us win this game.

JB took a stand and made a statement. He knew we were going to lose the game. He wants to win the war, and to do this his team needed to see he was willing to concede the battle.

All that now matters is the NCAA tourney. We could still lose out and be a top 4 seed. Get in and take your chances. Win or lose. I respect JB more after he took a stand.
Agree -- haven't watched his post-game presser, but in his post-game radio interview, he definitely paired that call with the call against Silent G, saying they were inconsistent.

You have a totally valid point.

But I will take Boeheim's reaction any day. The guy has NEVER BEEN KICKED OUT OF A REG SEASON GAME in 38 years.

Give the guy a bogey. And no matter, somehow I am fine with it.

I thought he got the boot right around when Bill Rapp died and Bernie coached it out.

eao1115 said:

This game and outcome will absolutely fire up this team. This game meant nothing. The season rides on next saturday.

Did coach K act like an ass at the end of game in the dome? People need perspective and JB acting like an ass at the end, wont change a thing in the ACC. It's standard treatment in Durham. I hate Duke but a HOF coach can't act like that. People bitching are no different than Duke fans after the game at the dome.
3 posts. hmmm I wonder who you root for?

This game and outcome will absolutely fire up this team. This game meant nothing. The season rides on next saturday.
I find it funny "fans" can call out jimmy for this. I loved it! I will also never talk about Sims not being a nba pg in front of him because it's pointless .

I have no problem with it. It's not like he has a history of costing us games because he can't keep composure. We weren't walking out of there with a W. He got his money's worth, and let his guys know that he has their back. I am sure the players respect him that much more because of it. K did it up at Cuse and look how they got treated tonight.