I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I, for one, am infuriated with Boeheim tonight.

But Bees, you don't understand, Boeheim made a statement. In future games when refs have to make split second block/charge calls, they will think back to the 2014 Syracuse @ Duke game, remember that time Boeheim got really pissed, and then give us the call. It's simple logic.
so why do major league managers argue calls? There is no doubt in my mind that those refs tonight were very aware of the crying Duke did last game.

Few will agree with you, but you're right. Given the choice before the game, 100% of our fans would have chosen down 2 with 10 secs to play and Duke ball over down 2 with 10 seconds to play and Duke getting 4 FTs and the ball. The game is not over in the first scenario. Far from it. Surprised so many would rather watch JB go nuts than have a chance to win at Duke.

Crazed In Cameron
Crazy things happen in Cameron. No. 1 Syracuse (and Jim Boeheim) found that out first-hand on Saturday, falling to Duke 66-60 via a controversial ending.

This is the headline from ESPN. He is not right and I feel that you are not as well. We found out fist hand that the refs, aka the ACC, werent letting us out of there with a win. JB knew it.

He had to make a STATEMENT to the referees who have been cheating us all season long and it was about time to erupt. Through experience, there was no way that they were going to let US leave with a victory. You have to crush everybody in the area code when you play in hostile territories. I'm Still PSST.
Amen brother

cusetown1 said:
I find it funny "fans" can call out jimmy for this. I loved it! I will also never talk about Sims not being a nba pg in front of him because it's pointless .

I find it funny "fans" don't care about a possible win at Duke. Goes both ways. Some would rather see JB flip out, some would rather see us try to win which was still possible even without some prayer.

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

I'm infuriated he didn't do more.

I don't care that he's won 900 games, I don't care that he's a demigod here, it's irrelevant. Did the call suck? Of course. WHO CARES - keep playing. It was a two point game that was FAR from over, and he lost it for us with his lack of composure. Duke was terrible at the line all night, and if they miss the front end of that 1 and 1, it's our ball down 2 with 10 seconds left.

And by the way, where in the hell are Hopkins, GMac and Autry during all this? Why aren't they running over and putting Boeheim in a bear hug and getting him back to the bench? Isn't that part of their job description?

I don't know that I'm infuriated, but you're right, it was still a 2 point game and since it was an offensive foul there would be no shots. I'm not dumping on him, but I agree it could have been better handled.

I love Boeheim - I just think tonight he made a mistake.

You're one of my favorite posters on this board, just strongly disagree. I see where you're coming from, and a win would have been amazing, but we are still in control of our ACC destiny. Also, I think we will play Duke again and it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. Ask Georgetown after they undressed us twice in the regular season last year. No matter what happened tonight (or even against BC), we have to beat Virginia. If we win out the regular season we will get the #1 in the East. That's what we need. Tonight would have been great but just don't think we would have won after the charge was called.

In terms of this outburst, the war is not getting to the Final 4 or winning a title this year. The war is getting fair treatment as the new guys in the ACC.

That wasn't a message to officials around the country, it was to the ACC. The message is we're not Georgia Tech, NC State or Clemson. We're Syracuse, we're the fifth winningest program in college basketball history, and we don't take blatant screw jobs laying down. This isn't Duke and UNC's conference anymore. It's Duke, UNC and Syracuse's conference. Get over it, and act like it. Signed, Jimmy B.

I find it funny "fans" don't care about a possible win at Duke. Goes both ways. Some would rather see JB flip out, some would rather see us try to win which was still possible even without some prayer.

The point is that JB had seen the officiating and logically concluded that with 10 secs lefts, Duke's ball, and 8 on 5 a win was indeed impossible.

I remember him getting kicked out of an exhibition game by Mike Kitts around 8-10 years ago. That was the first time but the game didn't count.

I remember him getting kicked out of an exhibition game by Mike Kitts around 8-10 years ago. That was the first time but the game didn't count.

I think it was in 06-07 or 07-08. I'm pretty sure I was a junior or senior when it happened. St. Rose if I recall.

again, game was over.

and you know it.

KaiserUEO said:
again, game was over. and you know it.

How? We trap the inbounds. Maybe we get a steal. Probably don't but maybe. If not we foul. They have to now make 2 FTs for game over. If they don't, a 2 or 3 could tie it or win it. We'd probably have about 7 secs. That's eternity compared to 4.

This game was FAR less over than Pitt or NCSt. And you know it.

rrlbees said:
How? We trap the inbounds. Maybe we get a steal. Probably don't but maybe. If not we foul. They have to now make 2 FTs for game over. If they don't, a 2 or 3 could tie it or win it. We'd probably have about 7 secs. That's eternity compared to 4.

Game over.

i dont know.

mojo was against the Orange. this is K, not some schlep like dixon or gottfried.

i understand what your saying, lot of hypotheticals and duke miscues would be needed, which i dont see happening.

regardless, that gave this game and this new 'rivalry'.....a match to the dynamite.

I find it funny you think I didn't want a win at duke. Maybe I shouldn't give this place clicks anymore.

Did coach K act like an ass at the end of game in the dome? People need perspective and JB acting like an ass at the end, wont change a thing in the ACC. It's standard treatment in Durham. I hate Duke but a HOF coach can't act like that. People bitching are no different than Duke fans after the game at the dome.
No, but he has acted like an ass at plenty of other games over the years.

I sort of see both sides. Yes we had a sliver of a chance. And we are the Cardiac Kids. But it took JB 38 years to get to this moment. Many bad calls are behind him. I think I can trust in his judgement here. It was BOTH of the calls. The 2nd was the final straw. They were not going to let us win...period. Two awful calls against you in the final 30 seconds of play? Both the same situation called totally opposite on both ends of the floor to favor Duke? Kudos to JB from my perspective. All talk is on the foul call, JBs reaction, his funny press conference and not about the game. Took all of the focus off of the 2 loses, fired up his players, fired up the SU fan base, and we are ready to go get everyone for the rest of the season!!! Makes it hard to penalize us for a loss at Duke also from a tournament standing. And everyone is so intent on whether or not we go to NYC, well this will be in the minds of the committee on selection Sunday if it is a close call. JB is no dummy. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Also does it not bother you how fast the ref ejected him. OK T him up if he keeps going, but when you have 2 Hall of Fame coaches, both with top 5 teams and it is the end of an emotionally fought game, I think you also have to be very careful in making such a call that will also determine the outcome. I think maybe an effort could have been made to talk him down before the quick T and ejection. After all he is not Bobby Knight, and up until now his greatest transgression was picking his nose on camera.

I find it funny you think I didn't want a win at duke. Maybe I shouldn't give this place clicks anymore.

I don't know about that, amigo, this is still a better place to discuss SU hoops than any other I've found. We're all disappointed with tonight, let's roll with the flow.

Lil Rick said:
Apparently you didn't watch the end of our NC St game.

Have to believe that Duke would have handled the last 10 seconds better than NC State did. Things happen, but I thought that was the game there.

I sort of see both sides. Yes we had a sliver of a chance. And we are the Cardiac Kids. But it took JB 38 years to get to this moment. Many bad calls are behind him. I think I can trust in his judgement here. It was BOTH of the calls. The 2nd was the final straw. They were not going to let us win...period. Two awful calls against you in the final 30 seconds of play? Both the same situation called totally opposite on both ends of the floor to favor Duke? Kudos to JB from my perspective. All talk is on the foul call, JBs reaction, his funny press conference and not about the game. Took all of the focus off of the 2 loses, fired up his players, fired up the SU fan base, and we are ready to go get everyone for the rest of the season!!! Makes it hard to penalize us for a loss at Duke also from a tournament standing. And everyone is so intent on whether or not we go to NYC, well this will be in the minds of the committee on selection Sunday if it is a close call. JB is no dummy. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Also does it not bother you how fast the ref ejected him. OK T him up if he keeps going, but when you have 2 Hall of Fame coaches, both with top 5 teams and it is the end of an emotionally fought game, I think you also have to be very careful in making such a call that will also determine the outcome. I think maybe an effort could have been made to talk him down before the quick T and ejection. After all he is not Bobby Knight, and up until now his greatest transgression was picking his nose on camera.

Good post as usual, llandz. Boeheim knew, in the back of his mind what he was doing. As a ref, running out on to the floor as he did was definitely a T. And yelling "Bullshit" after that as often as he did in the face of Tony Greene, deserved the second. I'm not at odds with that. I stated earlier that he knew at some point this year he'd have to make a stand, and he did. As a former coach, I'm not all tore up about that. I'm disappointed in the loss, and also the controversial nature of how it ended, but this is (also as mentioned by another poster) a turn-around point and I'm okay with it.