I guess if AAM can come in at 235lbs | Syracusefan.com

I guess if AAM can come in at 235lbs

CaliCuse

All American
He might become what the coaches hoped he would be when they signed him from Colorado:p

He's under 230 right now.

That's great to hear. A lot of people put a lot of unrealistic expectations on him last year. Yes, he was a bit too heavy, but he was just a freshmen. A lot of people have already written him off as well. He's got plenty of time to show what he's got. I loved his senior film.

That's great to hear. A lot of people put a lot of unrealistic expectations on him last year. Yes, he was a bit too heavy, but he was just a freshmen. A lot of people have already written him off as well. He's got plenty of time to show what he's got. I loved his senior film.
I think people overrated him, didn't see any unrealistic expectations. People just assumed he was better than Jerome as a power back which simply wasn't true. Think he'll be good for us in certain situations this year.

I think people overrated him, didn't see any unrealistic expectations. People just assumed he was better than Jerome as a power back which simply wasn't true. Think he'll be good for us in certain situations this year.
And how does anyone know he isn't a better power back, or all around back? How is that simply not true? It was his freshman campaign, and he never even got two carries in a row.
Just don't see how everyone is jumping the shark based on Jerome's Pitt game 10 carries for 56 yards? Does he have a leg up, yes. But I think it will be decided in camp. I don't believe the staff trusts anyone at this point at the rb position. I believe Adonis averaged only what, 2 tenths of a yard less per carry, with way less carries and he was a freshman that was heavy, and Jerome a sophomore. Just my prediction, but the biggest battle in camp will be Adonis v Jerome.

And how does anyone know he isn't a better power back, or all around back? How is that simply not true? It was his freshman campaign, and he never even got two carries in a row.
Just don't see how everyone is jumping the shark based on Jerome's Pitt game 10 carries for 56 yards? Does he have a leg up, yes. But I think it will be decided in camp. I don't believe the staff trusts anyone at this point at the rb position. I believe Adonis averaged only what, 2 tenths of a yard less per carry, with way less carries and he was a freshman that was heavy, and Jerome a sophomore. Just my prediction, but the biggest battle in camp will be Adonis v Jerome.
It's not based on the Pitt game. The kid tore up the spring, is in peak physical shape, and will almost definitely be the starter. 3 down back.

Adonis and Jerome aren't similar players. Jerome will be battling PTG for the starting spot, and will probably win it. Adonis might get goal line carries. Won't even be a close battle in camp. Watch the O-Line and Secondary for the best battles.

It's not based on the Pitt game. The kid tore up the spring, is in peak physical shape, and will almost definitely be the starter. 3 down back.

Adonis and Jerome aren't similar players. Jerome will be battling PTG for the starting spot, and will probably win it. Adonis might get goal line carries. Won't even be a close battle in camp. Watch the O-Line and Secondary for the best battles.
Well we disagree, and that's fine. We can see it all unfold in the coming weeks.

Well we disagree, and that's fine. We can see it all unfold in the coming weeks.

Yes. I'm hoping for a spirited, hard hitting battle that puts a fire under the arse of every running back on the team. My limited experience actually playing football made me a firm, firm believer that the best thing for a football team is when everyone TRULY has a chance to start or significantly contribute. The worst thing is when people waltz into positions based upon preconceived notions going into camp.

I was at the Rochester scrimmage and Smith was a man. He showed me he will be the #1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was at the Rochester scrimmage and Smith was a man. He showed me he will be the #1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. From everything I've heard it will take a lot to unseat him.

And I fully expect him to be our 3rd straight back with 1,000 yards.

Maybe it has to do with the Chris Farley arms that AAM displayed as a frosh.

Sure, Smith is the incumbent and proved himself in the Spring. PTG and Ashton Broyld are expected to contribute before AAM, likely in roles that supplement Smith.

But AAM and maybe 7 or 8 other rising sophs at other positions have a chance to prove the rule that players make a lot of progress between year 1 and year 2 in the program. Maybe they were hurt, or didn't get a lot of chances, or needed some more S&C to become ready. We need several of these guys to surprise us.

Exactly. From everything I've heard it will take a lot to unseat him.

And I fully expect him to be our 3rd straight back with 1,000 yards.

Couldn't agree more. He looked really, really good in the spring.

It's funny how Moore came in with hype and Smith came in without it, and therefore everyone is doubting Smith while having big expectations for guys like Moore and Morris, who have barely touched the ball yet.

. . .
It's funny how Moore came in with hype and Smith came in without it, and therefore everyone is doubting Smith while having big expectations for guys like Moore and Morris, who have barely touched the ball yet.

I don't know about putting it that way. Folks liked the highlights of Smith, despite his scout ranking of RB 166. Took him a couple of years but as a junior he is proving he can be an inside runner.
Better example might be Anton Bailey who came in with less hype than Collier (top 20 RB), Mike Jones and Jeremiah Harden, but it was Bailey who had a 100 yd game in his first season, contributed every year, and was the only one who stayed with it at SU.
Moore, Morris & McFarlane -- good bet 2 of the 3 will do more as sophs than Smith did as a soph; and maybe as juniors be as good as Smith will be this year. I just wouldn't expect any of the 3 to be much help in the first half of this season.

Guys, it's "Ameen-Moore". If you want to shorten it, use AAM. There's nobody on the roster named "Moore".

Guys, it's "Ameen-Moore". If you want to shorten it, use AAM. There's nobody on the roster named "Moore".
AAM didn't play I'm the spring so we don't know for sure that Smith is better then him. I'm sure smith is good but things do change and we should wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom