I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING

The funny thing is, I don't think muscle mass is his problem. He has a pretty sculpted physique already, he's just horrified of contact. Which is probably part of being an extremely nice Canadian person.

NHL is full of Canadians that like to hit people.

After watching him vs UB i can guarentee this kid is not afraid of contact
Agreed. I think he needs to work on how he anticipates and reacts to the contact. This will come with more experience playing with better and more physical opponents.

I don't think he avoids contact, I think he is worried about getting his shot blocked. I think he knows that he is a quick jumper but not a high riser. I also think he is starting to understand that his reputation will help him get calls. My hope is he doesn't fall in love with the 3 and instead works on posting and attacking from the low post.

We will have a real 8-man rotation again!

PG Frank Howard, Sr.
SG Jalen Carey, Fr.
SF Oshae Brissett, So.
PF Marek Dolezaj, So.
C Paschal Chukwu, Sr.

G Howard Washington, So.
F Elijah Hughes, So.
C Bourama Sidibe, So.

Is it November yet?

Nice little thread to crack open on a Monday morning.
67142495.jpg

I think it's an NCAA violation.
Are you kidding or serious. If it is a violation then Calapari admitted it on air. It was either ESPN radio or more likely, the Dan Patrick show. And since it was do public, highly doubt it is a violation.

I have heard JB say a number of times that former players can always come back and finish their degree, whenever it is convenient for them. A number have, including Eric Devendorf, Mookie Jones and, I think, Derrick Coleman
The original post for this is that UK (per Calapari) gives their kids scholarships for life. They can leave and come back whenever they want to finish their degree. So the SU players (who I applaud!) come back for their degree, is it paid for by schollarship or by other means or do they pay for it.

The original post for this is that UK (per Calapari) gives their kids scholarships for life. They can leave and come back whenever they want to finish their degree. So the SU players (who I applaud!) come back for their degree, is it paid for by schollarship or by other means or do they pay for it.
From JB's comments, I am almost 100% sure the cost is covered by SU. I believe this has been the policy for many years; I have heard him reference this for a very long time.

I believe Bayside44 is correct that there was a drive to create a fund to cover this expense for future basketball players who return to complete their degrees but it is my believe that fund or no fund, the players can come back and finish their degrees when they are ready to do so. Free of charge.

We will have a real 8-man rotation again!

PG Frank Howard, Sr.
SG Jalen Carey, Fr.
SF Oshae Brissett, So.
PF Marek Dolezaj, So.
C Paschal Chukwu, Sr.

G Howard Washington, So.
Elijah Hughes, So.
C Bourama Sidibe, So.

Is it November yet?

Now picture this with the low chance that Battle comes back...

I think its mostly him trying too hard to avoid charges and its tough to blame em with the crap reffing

I don't think that's the case, mainly because he probably led the country in charges this year lol.

The other funny thing is people seem to think all of these guys flake out and then live in a cardboard box. They can go back to school , coach, open their own businesses basically anything they desire provided they have the skillset.

60 percent of NBA players file for bankruptcy within five years after they stop playing. The NFL figure is nearly 80 percent. The fact is most have never been in the non-athlete workplace, have been showcased their entire lives, don't have an education and most likely no money. They actually do flake out and live in a cardboard box, figuratively speaking. Yea, sure they can go back to school, coach, open their own businesses or anything they want. They can also have a fricken gold plated toilet seat...But there are only a handful of coaching jobs available every year, only 10 percent go back to school (and most of those are the high profile players) and less than 10 percent of new businesses make it past the first year, and that's for people who have been in the work world. Those are the facts, sadly enough. Most players in any sport are set adrift after they stop playing.

Lets hope, all i know is if he doesn't declare this week my hopes will be officially up
speaking of that, just saw that Givony's newest mock went out this morning and has Tyus at 29 (would post link, but it's an "insider" thing)

He made an excellent decision. Next year is a much weaker draft. He should be a Lotto.
What? Did you read the post I responded to? Your response to mine had nothing to do with what I was responding to.

speaking of that, just saw that Givony's newest mock went out this morning and has Tyus at 29 (would post link, but it's an "insider" thing)

Same spot as his previous update. Still ahead of the 3 duke guards people are worried about pushing Tyus further down.

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a returning player.
Yeah, very similar to when CJ came back for his senior year, and to a smaller extent, Lydon for his soph year. (Was worried Lydon would hear the dreaded "p" word - potential, after his freshman year)

60 percent of NBA players file for bankruptcy within five years after they stop playing. The NFL figure is nearly 80 percent. The fact is most have never been in the non-athlete workplace, have been showcased their entire lives, don't have an education and most likely no money. They actually do flake out and live in a cardboard box, figuratively speaking. Yea, sure they can go back to school, coach, open their own businesses or anything they want. They can also have a fricken gold plated toilet seat...But there are only a handful of coaching jobs available every year, only 10 percent go back to school (and most of those are the high profile players) and less than 10 percent of new businesses make it past the first year, and that's for people who have been in the work world. Those are the facts, sadly enough. Most players in any sport are set adrift after they stop playing.
Sadly, it's ultimately a bigger issue than whether a kid can get drafted in a certain spot or whether the kid has an opportunity to go back to school. So many of these athletes are told by people close to them starting at 8 or 10 years old that their only way to succeed is through sports. They don't value education, and, maybe worse, don't learn to work hard at something that they don't enjoy. Once athletics end for guys like that, they don't have the first clue where to go from there. We talk about the NCAA doing a disservice to these athletes when the disservice often starts long before they're close to being a part of the NCAA.

Last edited:
I have heard JB say a number of times that former players can always come back and finish their degree, whenever it is convenient for them. A number have, including Eric Devendorf, Mookie Jones and, I think, Derrick Coleman

Josh Wright, Lawrence Moten, others. I don't know who pays, but it's taken care of.

deadline to declare is 4/22, but the Portsmouth Invitational starts on 4/11, so you would think Tyus might declare by tomorrow, hopefully without signing with an agent..

deadline to declare is 4/22, but the Portsmouth Invitational starts on 4/11, so you would think Tyus might declare by tomorrow, hopefully without signing with an agent..

The Portsmouth Invitational is for Seniors only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom