I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING

Except the stats here have shown that 90% don't go back. Coaching in college I believe you need a degree. If opening a small business were so easy...
I heard a Calapari interview before their NCAA lose. He was talking about recruiting and one thing he mentioned was that their recruits are give scholarships for life. If the leave anytime and want to come back and get their degree later, tuition is free. Is this common or at least done at SU? I think it is a neat benefit, it says we believe in you and want you to succeed in life as much as basketball. Good selling points to parents.

I heard a Calapari interview before their NCAA lose. He was talking about recruiting and one thing he mentioned was that their recruits are give scholarships for life. If the leave anytime and want to come back and get their degree later, tuition is free. Is this common or at least done at SU? I think it is a neat benefit, it says we believe in you and want you to succeed in life as much as basketball. Good selling points to parents.

All I know was that SU was approaching people for a fund for this a fews years back, not sure it went anywhere.

I mean we can at the end of the day figure out whatever we need to.

All I know was that SU was approaching people for a fund for this a fews years back, not sure it went anywhere.

I mean we can at the end of the day figure out whatever we need to.
I guess I don't understand your last sentence.

I guess I don't understand your last sentence.

Just musing, if SU wants to help someone out there's a way I would think.

I just know of the AD's efforts a few years ago on this topic.

Just musing, if SU wants to help someone out there's a way I would think.

I just know of the AD's efforts a few years ago on this topic.
Thank you

Marcus Smart was a projected top 3 pick in 2013.
He came back for his Sophomore year at Oklahoma State and went 6th in the 2014 draft.
Projected vs actual

Words like "wants to" and "probably" obviously leave the door open. However, at this point it is encouraging.

Sounds like he likes school and sounds like he thinks he can go much higher after his soph. year, which makes sense for his situation.

Unless for some reason his stock skyrockets in the next few weeks, sounds like he’ll be back.

284651B4-7489-470E-8594-1B107F4750DE.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom