I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING

I heard a Calapari interview before their NCAA lose. He was talking about recruiting and one thing he mentioned was that their recruits are give scholarships for life. If the leave anytime and want to come back and get their degree later, tuition is free. Is this common or at least done at SU? I think it is a neat benefit, it says we believe in you and want you to succeed in life as much as basketball. Good selling points to parents.
I think it's an NCAA violation.

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a returning player.
And if our other returnees have a natural improvement (Frank, Marek, PC/BS) and add in the new guys including Hughes and all of a sudden it's a pretty good roster. Let's hope everyone comes back. Not to make predictions but it's encouraging.

Good news. This is a no brainer if he improves at finishing contested layups and from deep he'll be a lottery pick. Its great for us because despite having an excellent freshman season ASU was the only game he really put the team on his back and won us a game. Next year he's going to do that a lot more.

Lets hope Tyus feels the same way and comes back too.

The funny thing is, I don't think muscle mass is his problem. He has a pretty sculpted physique already, he's just horrified of contact. Which is probably part of being an extremely nice Canadian person.
yep, obrissy don't need more/bigger muscles - just needs to manage to shoot decent 2-pt % - i.e. layups and midrange

The funny thing is, I don't think muscle mass is his problem. He has a pretty sculpted physique already, he's just horrified of contact. Which is probably part of being an extremely nice Canadian person.
I didn't think he wanted to avoid contact. If that were the case, he could have shot a lot of five footers rather than insisting upon going all the way to the tin. On all of his 'layup' attempts, it's like he had a habit of always double-clutching and/or doing a dipsy-do thing with the ball, ostensibly to avoid a block. But many times, that extra move was either unnecessary, or gave a defender recovery time, or affected Brissett's focus. He ended up just throwing the ball up at the rim/backboard.
Jerami Grant did a lot of that same thing. But he's more explosive, and he got away with it a bit more. [Grant is doing some really nice things for OKC these days.]

Oshae will improve and build and be really good next year. Sadly, that will likely be it with us. Wish he could be a 3-4 year guy and just dominate like D.C. Those days are long gone.

After all the spinning and dazzle dazzle he doesn’t know where he is when he gets to the rim. I don’t think he’s afraid of contact

"Horrified" was probably too strong of a word on my part. Let's put it this way, he doesn't enjoy contact.

Just musing, if SU wants to help someone out there's a way I would think.

I just know of the AD's efforts a few years ago on this topic.
I have heard JB say a number of times that former players can always come back and finish their degree, whenever it is convenient for them. A number have, including Eric Devendorf, Mookie Jones and, I think, Derrick Coleman

I have heard JB say a number of times that former players can always come back and finish their degree, whenever it is convenient for them. A number have, including Eric Devendorf, Mookie Jones and, I think, Derrick Coleman
Pearl, too.

Yeah Brissett isn't afraid of contact at all, infact he kind of seeks it. The issue is he has trouble finishing through it sometimes and it leads to some awkward attempted finishes

I think its mostly him trying too hard to avoid charges and its tough to blame em with the crap reffing

Don't think it's free. Posted this before, SU was looking at a scholarship fund for kids who left early and needed to come back. Not sure it gained any traction.
They come back as RA's. I know, I was one.

If he improves as much this year as he did last year, he will be the Player of the Year in the ACC.

Pearl did too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom