I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

I guess it’s all eyes on Oshae - HE'S STAYING

deadline to declare is 4/22, but the Portsmouth Invitational starts on 4/11, so you would think Tyus might declare by tomorrow, hopefully without signing with an agent..

Portsmouth is for seniors.

If Bazley came, I think it was a strong possibility. He isn't, so the urge to leave is much lower.

Why would it be a strong possibility? He can't shoot from the mid range or three point consistent enough. He can't dribble or finish at the basket strong. He would have sabotaged himself.

From JB's comments, I am almost 100% sure the cost is covered by SU. I believe this has been the policy for many years; I have heard him reference this for a very long time.

I believe Bayside44 is correct that there was a drive to create a fund to cover this expense for future basketball players who return to complete their degrees but it is my believe that fund or no fund, the players can come back and finish their degrees when they are ready to do so. Free of charge.
I am glad to here that SU seems to have this policy. However in many discussions about players, people often say that the scholarship is a one year deal that has to be renewed. It is implied that this can be used to force kids out or encourage kids to comply with coaches wishes/policies/etec. How do the two jive? Does the forever thing requires the coaches or schools blessing? Just wondering.

I am glad to here that SU seems to have this policy. However in many discussions about players, people often say that the scholarship is a one year deal that has to be renewed. It is implied that this can be used to force kids out or encourage kids to comply with coaches wishes/policies/etec. How do the two jive? Does the forever thing requires the coaches or schools blessing? Just wondering.
My guess, without having any actual kmowledge, is that it applies to guys that left on good terms by way other than transfer.

I swear it’s as if we push them out. Anyone who shows some ability, and all the talk is about them leaving.

Does this happen at Villanova or UNC where they miraculously have good players who aren’t freshmen?

Those players have flaws that keeps them out of one and done status like too short or not enough wingspan.

My guess, without having any actual kmowledge, is that it applies to guys that left on good terms by way other than transfer.
I think this is right. And while I think this was a JB thing, I would expect any future Syracuse HC to honor it.

It would be a huge PR disaster if the next head coach decided to change this.

need a photoshop whiz to insert OB's head here

2Pac-All_Eyez_On_Me-Frontal_original.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom