I hate Christian Laettner | Syracusefan.com

I hate Christian Laettner

samspann1

Living Legend
really looking forward to this 30 for 30.

I wonder if the documentary will discuss the brawl between his HS team and their opponent (a team from the City of Buffalo public school league) in the sectional finals. The brawl was in large part precipitated by Laettner's mouth, and the game was called.

Yeah, I hate Christian Laettner.

That clown was on the dream team

I understand Isaiah was disliked, but I still wish he was on that team over laettner just to further solidify it as the greatest team ever

Be careful saying the word hate

I understand Isaiah was disliked, but I still wish he was on that team over laettner just to further solidify it as the greatest team ever

I could've been on that team and it would've been the greatest team ever. Love those Dream Team documentaries that float around cable.

really looking forward to this 30 for 30.

I wonder if the documentary will discuss the brawl between his HS team and their opponent (a team from the City of Buffalo public school league) in the sectional finals. The brawl was in large part precipitated by Laettner's mouth, and the game was called.

Yeah, I hate Christian Laettner.

i hate christian laettner too... but dude, that brawl was 100% on the other team.

i hate christian laettner too... but dude, that brawl was 100% on the other team.
Agreed. Talk is synonymous with basketball. You can't blame someone running their mouth for a brawl because its part of the game. I don't doubt he was running his mouth but that doesn't make the brawl his fault.

I've wanted to punch that Dyson guy in the face every time he's on Bill Maher's show. Guess I shouldn't be surprised he's a G'town professor.

I don't know who Brian Davis is/was but this guy is awesome.

he and Christian Laettner swindled a lot of people out a lot of money. Including Johnny Dawkins. There was a pretty big lawsuit 4 or 5 years ago. Only reason I have ever heard his name.

he and Christian Laettner swindled a lot of people out a lot of money. Including Johnny Dawkins. There was a pretty big lawsuit 4 or 5 years ago. Only reason I have ever heard his name.
Oh, well then nvm ha.

Or Shaq.

This 30 for 30 is making sad about college hoops. Laettner played in SO MANY big games. Today kids leave after 1 year maybe 2 years. This guy didn't just play in 4 Final Fours, but the Gtown Elite 8 game, UConn Elite 8 game, Michigan regular season game against the Fab 5.

Man I yearn for these days in college hoops again.

Davis and Laettner were best friends in college.

Also, I have a new found respect for Rod Sellers.

http://deadspin.com/5891960/is-there-anyone-whos-not-suing-christian-laettner-and-brian-davis

wow scottie pippin too.
fannie mae
chevron
duke professor
shawn merrimon

and then Dawkins. Who tried to throw both of them in jail for contempt because they wouldn't show their finances.

Judging by Davis' house (a player no one has ever heard of) - I'm guessing he hid his money well. And when you hide other peoples money... JOHNNY DAWKINS... you're a scumbag.

I hate Christian Laettner.

I watched the game at the time - there were numerous shoves, bumps, etc. that Laettner and Nichols got away with. The elbow was the camel that broke the proverbial camel's back. IIRC, he actually threw the ball at one of the opponents after a whistle.

SOoooooo ticked off I fell asleep before it popped on...

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

CHRISTIAN LAETTNER IS WEARING A CHRISTIAN LAETTNER TSHIRT IN A I HATE CHRISTIAN LAETTNER DOCUMENTARY.

Sounds about right. He's essentially taking credit that he made Hill and Hurley better by being an a$$hole and bully.