I hate Craft... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Craft...

Craft was in the restricted area.

And another bail out foul called in favor of Craft

ONIONS

Kid could play for me any day of the week.

You know what's worse than a homer? Someone who tries to sound cool by letting it be known they're not one.

That's right, li. I am trying to look cool to you. Sorry pal but the whining gets a little overwrought. If the kid were on our team we'd erect a statue for him.

Craft was in the restricted area.

And another bail out foul called in favor of Craft

Replay clearly showed that he wasn't. He had several bad plays down the stretch but that was an incredibly heads up play to come across the floor and pick up the charge. There were three things at issue there: 1) Was he in the restricted area? Replay showed he wasn't; 2) did the ISU player get the shot off b4 contact was made? Replay showed he didn't; 3) did Craft properly establish position? 50/50 could have gone either way.

I can only speak to what i see on the court, and can make no broader assumptions. I dont know about their upbringing, health, daily trials or tribulations, etc., so I certainly would never judge them beyond what they do during games (nor would it be fair for me to do).

But to an extent, yes. Not in the sense they cannot endure elbows or getting poked in the eye. But I think there are several players that are not mentally tough. I think there are guys who tighten up when other teams apply more pressure. I think several players, despite being absolute thoroughbreds, allow others teams to dictate their play. And I am suggesting that someone like Michael Jordan, who is notoriously competitive, would probably call them out on it.

To me, the biggest failure and disappointment of the season was how teams that were inferior dictated how the game would be played.

Yes, the opponent dictating tempo is something that's specific to this year's squad. Never happens to other SU teams.

I hate Craft too, but I wish he wore Orange. Kid is a gamer and tough on both ends.

Replay clearly showed that he wasn't. He had several bad plays down the stretch but that was an incredibly heads up play to come across the floor and pick up the charge. There were three things at issue there: 1) Was he in the restricted area? Replay showed he wasn't; 2) did the ISU player get the shot off b4 contact was made? Replay showed he didn't; 3) did Craft properly establish position? 50/50 could have gone either way.

He was in the restricted area, as well. His heels were over the restricted area plane, clearly.

Well, there you have it. Aaron "Crafty" Craft hits the game winning 3 leaving only a fraction of a second left on the clock. The Iowa players, tears streaming down their faces... they too will have a lasting impression of Craft. Love him or hate him, he is extremely impactful.

No the replay clearly showed he was. His foot was hovering over the line. Even the announcers said that it was clear he was above the line.

Think of the restricted area as a goalline in football.

Craft made a great shot but there is no way Ohio state should of won that game. Bottom line they missed a critical call in a critical situation. In my mind the basket should of at least counted on that charge. I think next to gtwon Ohio state is the team I hate second most. Btw Barkley finally makes sense here.

No the replay clearly showed he was. His foot was hovering over the line. Even the announcers said that it was clear he was above the line.

Think of the restricted area as a goalline in football.

The announcers actually said it was a good call. Barkley said it was wrong because Craft's feet were above the arc. Obviously Nantz and Kellogg did not know that was the rule (neither did I). Very easy to see how a ref could miss that, though. Asking a lot of a ref to absorb all that at live speed.

That's right, li. I am trying to look cool to you. Sorry pal but the whining gets a little overwrought. If the kid were on our team we'd erect a statue for him.

Right next to Devo's.

The announcers actually said it was a good call. Barkley said it was wrong because Craft's feet were above the arc. Obviously Nantz and Kellogg did not know that was the rule (neither did I). Very easy to see how a ref could miss that, though. Asking a lot of a ref to absorb all that at live speed.

If it's too much to ask, then DON'T MAKE THE CALL.

2 pts for Iowa State. No call.

Strange how it worked out in Craft's favor, though.

I guess they also missed the fact that Craft didn't set his feet until after the shot was released

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom