I hate Craft... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Craft...

Craft made a great shot but there is no way Ohio state should of won that game. Bottom line they missed a critical call in a critical situation. In my mind the basket should of at least counted on that charge. I think next to gtwon Ohio state is the team I hate second most. Btw Barkley finally makes sense here.

Iowa St. didn't help themselves at all at the end either. Bad pass for a TO (just a second too late) and then the big guy not knowing the time left and giving Craft too much space. He had to get up there and crowd him as the clock wound down.

I'm still pissed as hell though. That was a terrible charge call. Nothing can change that. Huge point swing there that would have probably won the game for iowa st.

If it's too much to ask, then DON'T MAKE THE CALL.

2 pts for Iowa State. No call.

Refs up all of the time. Butler got screwed even worse last night. Maybe if OSU weren't allowed to play in their backyard that wouldn't happen. But no worries it's a reward for having a good season.:crazy:

Who cares? Is our whole fanbase seriously still riled up over a loss in Boston last year that occurred essentially because our program couldn't keep our star center on the court?

Craft is a great player and a fantastic young man. Plus I'd rather the upset Gods save their magic for the Temple-Indiana game.

You like the guy, good for you. I don't.

Keep your sanctimonious drivel to yourself, please

Who cares? Is our whole fanbase seriously still riled up over a loss in Boston last year that occurred essentially because our program couldn't keep our star center on the court?

Craft is a great player and a fantastic young man. Plus I'd rather the upset Gods save their magic for the Temple-Indiana game.

SU fans have Irish alzheimers. That's where you forget everything but your grudges. Kid was an all-state QB in Ohio, has a 3.9 gpa in pre-med and plays the game hard but clean and yet he's talked about here like he's a child molester.

SU fans have Irish alzheimers. That's where you forget everything but your grudges. Kid was an all-state QB in Ohio, has a 3.9 gpa in pre-med and plays the game hard but clean and yet he's talked about here like he's a child molester.

You had me until you said he plays clean. That's simply not true. He doesn't get called and that's a problem with officiating, but he doesn't play the game clean.

You elevated the conversation by calling the guy a piece of , I responded in turn with 'sanctimonious drivel.'

He plays like a POS. Gets away with a foul pretty much every defensive set, and in the rare event that calls don't go his way, he smirks or whines to the ref.

He might be a good kid off the court, but on the court, he's a douche.

You like him, good for you.

You win a million games in a row and the toughest conference tourney in the country during this season, you deserve to get rewarded. Our reward for a nice season comes this weekend when we have more fans than a 1 seed.

That remark was directed at the people that believe there's nothing wrong with playing NCAA tournament games in your backyard. It can't completely be avoided but they could do a better job at it. Even JB made a dig about it last night in his half time interview.

It does matter because a fan base won't let that go for years to come. Believe it or not people are very passionate about these games which is also why they should probably consider a rule where those calls down the stretch are reviewable.

You had me until you said he plays clean. That's simply not true. He doesn't get called and that's a problem with officiating, but he doesn't play the game clean.

You think he is a dirty player? I don't and that's what I meant by being clean.

You think he is a dirty player? I don't and that's what I meant by being clean.

Yeah, I think he's dirty. He knows he fouls on nearly every play (he said so himself) and continues to do so, so I think that makes him dirty. If the rules were called accurately, I do believe he would change his style of play (clean it up if you will).

What does any of that have to do with the fact that he gets the benefit of every doubt because he's "scrappy?"

ISU had the game ripped away from them. It was a block in every possible definition of a block. I'm sure there are great kids on the ISU team who deserve a chance to win. Unfortunately they don't have any chosen ones on their team.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

What does any of that have to do with the fact that he gets the benefit of every doubt because he's "scrappy?"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Good question. The answer: nothing.

He's not a great player though. He averages 10 points and 5 assists per game, and shoots very poorly from outside. He's ok. That 14-0 run was pretty much all his fault. Great player?? He's a great fit for the way the college game is called these days, because he constantly hand checks, grabs, and bumps, and he's good at undercutting driving offensive players. Since all that stuff is actually encouraged in today's college game, despite being against the real rules of basketball, he is an effective defender. Put him college 10 years ago, or put him in the NBA, where you can't play defense with your hands, and he wouldn't get on the court.

I couldn't care less if he's a great kid off the court. I don't know him. I don't care for his act on the court, because he whines and cries about every call that doesn't go his way.

Yeah, I think he's dirty. He knows he fouls on nearly every play (he said so himself) and continues to do so, so I think that makes him dirty. If the rules were called accurately, I do believe he would change his style of play (clean it up if you will).

When I think of dirty I think of someone that has no problem doing things that could potentially hurt the opponent. Don't see him in that realm. He's just a great defender with very fast hands and feet. Ref after ref doesn't call those fouls so I guess it's not a foul.

When I think of dirty I think of someone that has no problem doing things that could potentially hurt the opponent. Don't see him in that realm. He's just a great defender with very fast hands and feet. Ref after ref doesn't call those fouls so I guess it's not a foul.

Sliding under an offensive player could hurt someone.

I hear what you are saying though.

When I think of dirty I think of someone that has no problem doing things that could potentially hurt the opponent.

Like undercutting an offensive player who's left his feet?

An Ohio State - Ole Miss matchup might make some people's heads explode, with Henderson and Craft on the court.

An Ohio State - Ole Miss matchup might make some people's heads explode, with Henderson and Craft on the court.

Henderson would get tossed from the game by halftime.

Henderson would get tossed from the game by halftime.

Probably. And if actual basketball is allowed to be played, Craft would foul out right around that time too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom