I hate Marquette more than UConn ... | Syracusefan.com

I hate Marquette more than UConn ...

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/college/2013-03-29/gardner-marquette-ready-take-syracuse-zone

“I know about spacing,” Davante Gardner said Friday. “So they’ll change it up and try to lock me down.”

“I love playing against athletic guys,” Gardner said. “Because they think they can just stop me. But I use my weight to push them around.”

Hey Davante - you are not going to get Big East refs or home calls this game ...
I agree, that fat piece of crap ran into our players all game long and fouls were called on out players. The officiating in that game was awful combined with poor shooting by the Cuse.

classy thread title and posts, no wonder SU is not popular with opposing fans. Some comments on this board are downright embarrassing.

when that fat ass is in the game,put in cooney and grant and put on the full court press and make his fat ass run

Better yet, put in Coleman and let them throw themselves around against each other. I think Coleman could be a good partial neutralizer to that goon.

classy thread title and posts, no wonder SU is not popular with opposing fans. Some comments on this board are downright embarrassing.
To be fair Gardner is a little on the heavy side and he does happen to embrace that fact.

So you were looking for the "lets go marquette" threads on this board?
The op didnt say anything offensive, in fact just merly posted quotes from MU players.
I dont hate marquette more than Uconn, but I do hate them more than say,...St. Johns.

To be fair Gardner is a little on the heavy side and he does happen to embrace that fact.
Agreed...and this is what one of his own team mates said about him:

"No, not really,” Otule said. “You should see him in practice. That’s all he literally does. He’s a good player. He’s talented around the basket, skill-wise. But literally all he does is push you around. He fouls you all the time.”

Marquette is known for their aggressive very physical defensive style, yet, they went to the line 35 times last game! That won't happen today.

So you were looking for the "lets go marquette" threads on this board?
The op didnt say anything offensive, in fact just merly posted quotes from MU players.
I dont hate marquette more than Uconn, but I do hate them more than say,...St. Johns.
Hate is a strong word my friend.

I take it you never watched the game earlier this year when Gardner was running into our players all game and was getting all the calls in his favor.He had zero fouls called on him and the guy should have fouled out on offensive charges alone.

"No, not really,” Otule said. “You should see him in practice. That’s all he literally does. He’s a good player. He’s talented around the basket, skill-wise. But literally all he does is push you around. He fouls you all the time.”

Marquette is known for their aggressive very physical defensive style, yet, they went to the line 35 times last game! That won't happen today.
Oh and he is fat.

images-3.jpeg
marquette does have a knack for find big men

I'm disappointed with orangenauburn as well. He should have titled the thread something along the lines of "f*** that fat f*** Gardner." No reason to disparage the entire team.

But seriously, f*** Marquette and their chicken s*** sweaty gnome of a coach.

He's the key. If the refs let him be overly physical and body us, he'll be making a living at the line and we're gonna hvae problems. If they call an offensive foul on him early, he'll be more cautious and won't be as aggressive.

Have to wonder if the NCAA is getting wind of the fact Gardner fouls on every damn play.

Have to wonder if the NCAA is getting wind of the fact Gardner fouls on every damn play.
Well he was called for 4 fouls in 17 minutes against Davidson. 2 fouls in 19 minutes against Butler, and 1 foul against Miami in 25 minutes. So that's 7 fouls in 3 games, right about at his season average (2 a game). He was called for 4 fouls in a game only twice all year up until the last game of the season, where he had 4 vs. St.John's, then 2 games later he was called for 4 vs. Butler.

Both times they played Butler he's had 4 fouls...interesting.

Also since our game (26 pts, 7/7 from the field, 12/13 from the line), he has as more scoring games under double digits (4) as he does with double digits (3). He also played 33 minutes against us, he hasn't played a game over 25 minutes since then, and he has 5 games with under 19 minutes.

keep bragging about that weight... then call this number (414) 271-9999.

Thats the number to the American heart association in Milwaukee . You're heart is in trouble fat man.

Two points.

First, let's reserve hate for where it's really deserved.
And you know what that means...that big bunch of losers @ G-town who are sitting at home watching us win on their home court!

Second...about this schlub Gardner...I'm reminded of the immortal words of Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Spoken about Andre the Giant: "He's just a big goof."
And today...Gardner gets exposed as one.

GO ORANGE!