I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

I heard from a very reliable source that we will be getting new uniforms this year. They will be modern versions of the uniforms from the nineties. I heard two names/eras that they will be modeled after, Conley (90-94) and McNabb (95-98).

I apologize in advance for any angst and discomfort this thread might cause.
ok with this news and if Gameday actually comes here in September just shoot me at the Clemson tailgate, not likely gonna get too much better for this Cuse football fan

Last edited:
I heard from a very reliable source that we will be getting new uniforms this year. They will be modern versions of the uniforms from the nineties. I heard two names/eras that they will be modeled after, Conley (90-94) and McNabb (95-98).

Just to confirm - this post was made today, not yesterday right?

Something close to these would be great. Personally, I'm not a fan at all of the two-tone look. If "Syracuse" is
in white, then so should be the numerals, piped out in a heavy/thick orange If the numerals are in Orange as in the pic, then "Syracuse" should be orange as well, with the same precise piping. Same theme with the white and orange jerseys too. Now, that would be beautiful!

ric flair.gif

One word: Platinum!
(I keed I keed)

Take note other posters: If you hate to be "that guy" when you have information to post, this is the type of guy "that guy" should be.

Thanks for the info RMH44

ok with this news and if Gameday actually comes here in September just shoot me at the first tailgate, not likely gonna get too much better for this Cuse football fan

At least wait until after the Clemson game to take that bullet.

I hope all those people that asked to be shot during the GRob era ended up surviving.

I think these are the unis that the vast majority of our fan base prefer. Great news!

Lets get some pictures of those 90’s jerseys in here

I recall seeing a "new" version of our 90s look during the Marrone years, wasn't it?
Somebody on here uses the "before" and "after" pictures to compare them as their footer / signature.

This is the move a vast majority of alum I speak to want. We want an identifiable look that speaks to the success of the past. Give me the numbers on the pants as well. Anything that was uniquely Syracuse is ok w me.

Any chance Orangemen will return now too? Another absurd change that never made sense

Something close to these would be great. Personally, I'm not a fan at all of the two-tone look. If "Syracuse" is
in white, then so should be the numerals, piped out in a heavy/thick orange If the numerals are in Orange as in the pic, then "Syracuse" should be orange as well, with the same precise piping. Same theme with the white and orange jerseys too. Now, that would be beautiful!

Having the schools name written in big letters across the chest is completely ridiculous.

A small CUSE would look great above front numbers of jersey for it looks nice on the white hoops uni’s.

We don’t need Syracuse on the Jersey.
The jersey Bees linked is one I am sure you find at a Walmart/Kmart to sell as not an official jersey.
Just combine the 1991-1994 and 1994-2004 jerseys and find a clean look.
Our 2005 jerseys were good too bad that team just sucked.

oct-10-2005-tallahassee-fl-usa-syracuse-university-dowayne-davis-picture-id110367228