I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

We don’t need Syracuse on the Jersey.
The jersey Bees linked is one I am sure you find at a Walmart/Kmart to sell as not an official jersey.
Just combine the 1991-1994 and 1994-2004 jerseys and find a clean look.
Our 2005 jerseys were good too bad that team just sucked.

oct-10-2005-tallahassee-fl-usa-syracuse-university-dowayne-davis-picture-id110367228
That's an awesome jersey.

I think these look great.

View attachment 158510
images
images
View attachment 158511View attachment 158512

Consistent branding across sports
Our lacrosse team all the way back to the 1980s always had Syracuse on the front of the jerseys. So there has been no change to that tradition. Different fonts and colors aren’t fundamentally changing the fact Syracuse has been on the front chest above the number.

Same for basketball.

Football doesn’t need to add to Syracuse to the front of the jersey. The jersey just needs to be something similar to what it was from 1991-1994 or 1995-2004, 2009-2012 and it will be good again.

Our lacrosse team all the way back to the 1980s always had Syracuse on the front of the jerseys. So there has been no change to that tradition. Different fonts and colors aren’t fundamentally changing the fact Syracuse has been on the front chest above the number.

Same for basketball.

Football doesn’t need to add to Syracuse to the front of the jersey. The jersey just needs to be something similar to what it was from 1991-1994 or 1995-2004, 2009-2012 and it will be good again.

It's weird what your brain gets used to.

White top with orange pants? Football beautiful! Basketball hideous and we associate it with Billy Celuck in the 2002 NIT.

All-orange top to bottom? Basketball beautiful! Football we associate it with those confused looking football players getting destroyed in some GRob game.

Same for basketball.

Thanks for the history lesson I was TOTALLY unaware of any of that.

Adding Syracuse to a quality football Jersey isn’t going to wreck it if that’s what they decide to do

Funny no one ever complains about that stupid football number font that lax has been wearing for two years now. (See above pic of Tucker)

Too distracted complaining about the awful blue helmet to worry about the goofy number font. ;)

I will say I prefer that solid matte color to the current orange chrome helmet. Give us that helmet with blue/white stripes with or without the s.

Yeah, me too. I'd take that helmet along with the blue/white stripe all day long, even with the block S.

Browns are getting new unis in 2020! Back to the more classic/iconic look.

Thanks for the history lesson I was TOTALLY unaware of any of that.

Adding Syracuse to a quality football Jersey isn’t going to wreck it if that’s what they decide to do
What an ahole comment but I guess I shouldn’t expect anything more from you.
Good job being you and not any different.

I hope the University, at the very least, keep the alternating helmets and keep the white out uniforms for special occasions. I hated the look under GERG and don't want to be associated with being the "USC of the East." I prefer the "S" on the helmet and the occasional usage of the chrome facemask. Overall, find a way to have a full orange uniform for a special game as well (not the current look) and I feel every one will be happy.

In my opinion, the iconic and beautifully simple Browns jersey was ruined by putting "Cleveland" on it. I feel like ours would be pretty similar.

He isn’t interested in history lessons..

All-orange top to bottom? Basketball beautiful! Football we associate it with those confused looking football players getting destroyed in some GRob game.
GRob all orange were hideous. When we beat Clemson, a friend who rarely watches, said, "Great Game! What's up with those clown costumes?". Those 2 all orange are offensive to those who have eyes . This guy couldn't give a crap about our traditional uni's, but it distracted him from the game . All Orange traditional? Bring it on.

What an ahole comment but I guess I shouldn’t expect anything more from you.
Good job being you and not any different.

You want to present an OPINION, present it like one. I don't need a freaking lecture on SU's uniform history and declaratory statement of what is and isn't needed from you of all people.

GRob all orange were hideous. When we beat Clemson, a friend who rarely watches, said, "Great Game! What's up with those clown costumes?". Those 2 all orange are offensive to those who have eyes . This guy couldn't give a crap about our traditional uni's, but it distracted him from the game . All Orange traditional? Bring it on.
Your friend has great perception