I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

I was at Nike WHQ in Beaverton last month. One of the execs I was pitching was from Newark, NY. Told him I heard we were likely re-upping so he owed me. He let me know that Nike considered us to be a "priority" logo and was breaking all the rules to keep Cuse in the House. Gave him a Fine Mess card and got him to commit to join us for the Pitt game tailgate when he will be back visiting his family

I heard from a very reliable source that we will be getting new uniforms this year. They will be modern versions of the uniforms from the nineties. I heard two names/eras that they will be modeled after, Conley (90-94) and McNabb (95-98).

I apologize in advance for any angst and discomfort this thread might cause.

Love John Wildhack

I hope the University, at the very least, keep the alternating helmets and keep the white out uniforms for special occasions. I hated the look under GERG and don't want to be associated with being the "USC of the East." I prefer the "S" on the helmet and the occasional usage of the chrome facemask. Overall, find a way to have a full orange uniform for a special game as well (not the current look) and I feel every one will be happy.

Sorry, but no.

No alternating helmets, no all-whites.

Let’s get back to being Syracuse Football.

It’s no longer Klown Kolkege - thank god.

Two uniforms, all Orange for soecial occasions.

Embrace tradition and stop embarrassing ourselves.

This with orange numerals and we are golden.
PaulMarkus1026web.jpg
My leg just tingled a bit.

We don’t need Syracuse on the Jersey.
The jersey Bees linked is one I am sure you find at a Walmart/Kmart to sell as not an official jersey.
Just combine the 1991-1994 and 1994-2004 jerseys and find a clean look.
Our 2005 jerseys were good too bad that team just sucked.

oct-10-2005-tallahassee-fl-usa-syracuse-university-dowayne-davis-picture-id110367228
I liked the jerseys but hated those numbered helmets. Hope we never go goofy with helmet logos like other schools.

I like our current Helmets. Just got to change the numbering.

I was also a fan of the platinum jersey *ducks for cover*

The thought of us coming out of the tunnel against Liberty ranked in the preseason Top 25 and ALSO not wearing hideous uniforms is almost too much for me to handle. I'm getting emotional.

Suck it up - that's just what it feels like to be an actual FOOTBALL school again. You'll get used to it.

I want the letter-less helmet. Iconic look. For an alternative uniform unleash a block S on the helmet. Whatever day they are honoring Tim a green, love to see a version of the uniform that made me fall in love with the Syracuse Orangemen

Suck it up - that's just what it feels like to be an actual FOOTBALL school again. You'll get used to it.

I feel like you guys have had tacky uniforms for a solid decade now also. Why not just go back to this super fresh Michael Vick look?

6_5354953.jpg

I liked the helmet with numbers. Everyone is always saying go back to classic look. Everyone’s classic is different. If you’re 70 years old, maybe that era is your classic. Hard to argue with old Ben and a National Championship.
I would be more than fine with the 80s and 90s helmet. I’d be more than fine with the Marrone era Nassib helmet with the classic stripe, classic orange and addition of “S”.
If we’re going to modernize the “classic look”, then I say get away from the chrome orange, with or without the “s” and go back to the right color in high gloss or matte like the browns.

And can we get back to a number on the side of the sleeve instead of those crazy shoulder designs?

I liked the helmet with numbers. Everyone is always saying go back to classic look. Everyone’s classic is different. If you’re 70 years old, maybe that era is your classic. Hard to argue with old Ben and a National Championship.
I would be more than fine with the 80s and 90s helmet. I’d be more than fine with the Marrone era Nassib helmet with the classic stripe, classic orange and addition of “S”.
If we’re going to modernize the “classic look”, then I say get away from the chrome orange, with or without the “s” and go back to the right color in high gloss or matte like the browns.

And can we get back to a number on the side of the sleeve instead of those crazy shoulder designs?

I agree it’s subjextive but if our goal is to conjure up the mental imagery of when Syracuse was one of the most electric football programs in the country w a progressive offense 87-98 is that era and that look. We were legitimately a cool program

Atlast the end of doc Hollywood’s greasy fingerprints from our program!

As a man that’s 24 yrs old and has been a die hard since the marrone era ... I know somewhat the kids would consider quote FRESH. Keep the all whites for special occasions... other then that I always felt the marrone era looked professional and sleek I did like the orange helmets, or the chrome facemask on the white helmets ... but for the love of god have a home and an away uniform and leave it at that ... it’s exhausting following all these damn combinations.

Last edited:
Atlast the end of doc Hollywood’s greasy fingerprints from our program!

As a man that’s 24 yrs old and has been a die hard since the marine era ... I know somewhat the kids would consider quote FRESH. Keep the all whites for special occasions... other then that I always felt the marrone era looked professional and sleek I did like the orange helmets or the chrome facemask on the white helmets ... but for the love of god have a home and an away uniform and leave it at that ... it’s exhausting following all these damn combinations.
Even the Marrone era had an all white... I'm even good with an all orange on occasion... Just give us a classic look with readable numbers...

Even the Marrone era had an all white... I'm even good with an all orange on occasion... Just give us a classic look with readable numbers...
Ditto. Just gimme the traditional home/aways, and I don't give a hoot if they mix it up, sometimes.