I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

interesting what the jets did here

They ruined the Jets uniforms IMO.
If they didn’t put New York on the front they would be modern versions of the Ken O’Brien Era.

The black jersey is just stupid for the Jets. They are Gang Green the Boston Celtics stupidly did the same thing and added a black jersey.

They ruined the Jets uniforms IMO.
If they didn’t put New York on the front they would be modern versions of the Ken O’Brien Era.

The black jersey is just stupid for the Jets. They are Gang Green the Boston Celtics stupidly did the same thing and added a black jersey.
I agree. I dont mind a change up here and there though. Like I said. Helmets are the best part for me lol

I agree. I dont mind a change up here and there though. Like I said. Helmets are the best part for me lol
The helmet is sweet and by far the best change.
The black should be just a one off each year.
They obviously made them to sell black jerseys to fans as it is the most popular color for jerseys.
People on Twitter are saying they look like Saskatchewan RoughRiders from the CFL jerseys.

crop_18355750647.jpg

Just when you thought the New York Jets had made all the bad organizational moves that an NFL franchise could make, then they do this. For an NFL team, that uniform looks like it belongs to a semi pro team in the EFL.

The helmet is sweet and by far the best change.
The black should be just a one off each year.
They obviously made them to sell black jerseys to fans as it is the most popular color for jerseys.
People on Twitter are saying they look like Saskatchewan RoughRiders from the CFL jerseys.

crop_18355750647.jpg
people on twitter are right lol

Just like folks who actually called capicola, capicola and not gabagoul
LOL...just because you cross a bridge whose name ends in an “o” doesn’t mean Staten Island is in Italy.

Galamod, gabagoul, scunjill, proshoot, moozarell, brajoll, manigot, gummad etc...are not Italian.

They are mostly pidgen Italian taken from Neapolitan and Sicilian dialects and are as purely Italian as the Feast of the seven fishes...

LOL...just because you cross a bridge whose name ends in an “o” doesn’t mean Staten Island is in Italy.

Galamod, gabagoul, scunjill, proshoot, moozarell, brajoll, manigot, gummad etc...are not Italian.

They are mostly pidgen Italian taken from Neapolitan and Sicilian dialects and are as purely Italian as the Feast of the seven fishes...

Ha

You forgot super-sod or as I call it, great grass. Having learned some Italian while abroad in Florence, I can say that they pronounce every letter. Florentine is the official dialect for the country I believe.

I guess it’s tough to criticize given what we do to our own language.

Incorrect. It looks like a high school team, which, to be fair to Nike, is the most Jets thing possible.
I mean I do not think I’m far off with my statement that they look like cfl uniforms.

Attachments

• 9D1B0827-5F38-4B36-956E-205B87EDB8FE.jpeg
    9D1B0827-5F38-4B36-956E-205B87EDB8FE.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 29
Jets need a new identity so if this is it so be it. It was similar to the patriots and the flying Elvis. I hated the look but can’t argue the results!

So JW says no to new uniforms being brought out for the spring game in the recent interview regarding our Nike negotiations.

Sorry, but no.

No alternating helmets, no all-whites.

Let’s get back to being Syracuse Football.

It’s no longer Klown Kolkege - thank god.

Two uniforms, all Orange for soecial occasions.

Embrace tradition and stop embarrassing ourselves.

Good post!

I liked the helmet with numbers. Everyone is always saying go back to classic look. Everyone’s classic is different. If you’re 70 years old, maybe that era is your classic. Hard to argue with old Ben and a National Championship.
I would be more than fine with the 80s and 90s helmet. I’d be more than fine with the Marrone era Nassib helmet with the classic stripe, classic orange and addition of “S”.
If we’re going to modernize the “classic look”, then I say get away from the chrome orange, with or without the “s” and go back to the right color in high gloss or matte like the browns.

And can we get back to a number on the side of the sleeve instead of those crazy shoulder designs?

I would prefer the uniform McNabb wore as a redshirt frosh - See my Avatar.

I like the plain helmet - it's a distinctive brand.

And, I like the blue numbers on the white jersey for the away uniform.