I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

Pitt unis are sweet indeed.

If I could change anything it would be, like us, the number font.

Nothing beats a classic block style numeral.

I don’t get why we can’t just announce the new uniforms if we have them.

We don’t need this gigantic unveiling they tried to do last time.

Just show the new uniforms and get the positive press for them.

Waiting till the Clemson game would just be dumb. If we wanted to wear special throwback jerseys for that game cool keep that a secret but if we have new uniforms just show them.

We don’t have a signed contract yet.

Seems like a given that they’ll wait until we come out of the tunnel against Clemson to reveal the new uni’s right?
Would be impossible to keep from leaking until September 14th. Plus the away jerseys would give a significant hint on what the home jerseys will look like.

I bet an event is scheduled shortly after spring game. Gives an easy opportunity to keep attention on the football program during a slow period between spring and fall practice.

Pitt's smart to rebrand with the old color scheme, love the look. I don't hate the numbers as much as ours, but it looks like Nike had the same architectural rationale: faux art deco numbers for Syracuse to call to mind NYC skyscrapers (idiotic) and faux gothic numbers for Pitt to match the windows on that tower of learning on their campus (or whatever it's called).

That aspect is a little forced for my taste.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer our current set over the older jerseys. I'd be happy if they simply fixed the fonts on the current jerseys (and got rid of the awful platinum jersey that they rarely wear as is).

The lacrosse team seems to have something cooking that greatly interests me though.

Man those Pitt uniforms are exactly what I want Nike to do for us. Take the base of the older uniforms we all like and just make a few tweaks to modernize them. I think that would be a perfect blend between old and new all parts of the fan base would like.

Really like the new/old Pitt uniforms

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer our current set over the older jerseys. I'd be happy if they simply fixed the fonts on the current jerseys (and got rid of the awful platinum jersey that they rarely wear as is).

The lacrosse team seems to have something cooking that greatly interests me though.

No worries man! I am with you when it comes to the modern uniform designs!

Yeah, didnt like the number font on Pitt either but they looked good other than that.

In my opinion, the iconic and beautifully simple Browns jersey was ruined by putting "Cleveland" on it. I feel like ours would be pretty similar.

True.

The simple Browns all white look was iconic.

The new Browns uniform is truly awful

Last edited:
When our logo situation was an absolute cluster that banner logo was the one I preferred. These days I like the block S best, but using the banner as a secondary/retro logo is cool by me.

Agreed, love the Block S, but as long as every team uses the same logo with the same color scheme I'll be happy. I don't mind that banner logo though because it's different than what other schools have.

I'm excited to see everything before judging too much.

You forgot super-sod or as I call it, great grass. Having learned some Italian while abroad in Florence, I can say that they pronounce every letter. Florentine is the official dialect for the country I believe.

I guess it’s tough to criticize given what we do to our own language.

Siena is actually considered to be the home of the purest Italian but Florence is very close. Tuscany, as a whole, is really considered the region that speaks "true" Italian versus the regional dialects...Romanaccio, Napolitan', Barese etc...

If you studied in Florence then you know that "fiorentino" has its own, unique idiosyncracies such as la "ci" aspirata..la hoha hola con la hanuccia halda...LOL...

Solely used by the lower classes, my more aristrocratic Florentine friends would always be aghast when I would break out my heavy Florentine accent and start replacing my Cs with Hs...LOL...

Nothing quite like a blue-eyed, blond-haired, obvious-American breaking out into heavy Fiorentino...it absolutely floored people who did not know me and assumed my Italian would be accompanied by that absolutely horrendous American accent...LOL...

Man those Pitt uniforms are exactly what I want Nike to do for us. Take the base of the older uniforms we all like and just make a few tweaks to modernize them. I think that would be a perfect blend between old and new all parts of the fan base would like.

You're absolutely right. I feel like so many teams across the entire pro and college sports are understanding that basic concept -- you don't have to try hard to be new and edgy. Just stick with the simple and classic brand that people love.

Like the Bills for instance. Someone was actually paid money to design this uniform. But now they came to their senses and have great jerseys again.

ap_bills_patriots_9335001.jpg