I have to get this off my chest | Syracusefan.com

I have to get this off my chest

Actionthrill

Walk On
Penn St's program is nothing but a joke. Do you really expect me to believe that Joe Paterno is running that program at 84. Give me a break, all his assistant coaches do all the work and he gets credit for a win he had nothing to do with. He can't even touch a player or he'll break something. This just is not fare for those coaches in the distant future that might have a chance at the record. He's getting credited for wins he really has no part of. Come on is Joe up at 4 in the morning going over film. He's watching the offence, defence, and special teams go at it everyday in practice at 84. At 84 he is recruiting a few hours each day. And then the next day at 4 am he's up again doing film. This is a complete joke because he is getting wins he doesn't deserve. Now as for Penn ST the program he can run them into the ground all he wants. That's fine with me. But the all time wins record he is mocking right now.

Temple in the upset this weekend...and offense and defense are spelled with an "S" in this country...;)

I agree with you Thrills, but maybe he is like Jack LaLanne and in fact does do all of those things though. It is hard to see him on the road recruiting, but I could see him watching film in the early hours. He might take a few naps, but oh well. :)

Paterno was embarrassing on GameDay last week. And then it was embarrassing that the announcers fawned over his pep rally speecch. He looked like the old man he is. Thought he was going to tell everyone "Stay off my lawn!" at any minute. And the players behind him looked like they were looking at a novelty act. Almost like they were snickering "Hey look there's Joe, wonder whats got him so fired up today." I'm just guessing but I'd bet he does less than 20% of what he used to do even 10 years ago. He's a figurehead and is turning himself and the PSU program into a punchline.

I guess it doesn't really matter that much because they are still getting over 100k for each home game. That is a shitload of revenue. Would it change if JoePa wasn't there? Probably not because you can't fit any more people in there, and people probably wouldn't stop coming if there was a new coach. Therefore, what is the rush to get rid of him (think from the eyes of the trustees)?

I used to say this to one of my best friends. Then one day he sent me this video. It's three years old, but it's interesting to say the least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0H62QrWSs
I don't know - towards the end of that video it seemed like Joe was a ghost that no one could see or hear. He was just running around yelling things that no one paid attention to.

He's just carrying on habits and routines from when he was still alive.

I'm still waiting to hear how he gets his rascal into the homes of recruits that live in walk up apartments.

you think a younger/active coach is going to be making a run at that record in the future? the only way you're in the running for that sucker is to be an incredibly old coach :noidea:

Penn St's program is nothing but a joke. Do you really expect me to believe that Joe Paterno is running that program at 84. Give me a break, all his assistant coaches do all the work and he gets credit for a win he had nothing to do with. He can't even touch a player or he'll break something. This just is not fare for those coaches in the distant future that might have a chance at the record. He's getting credited for wins he really has no part of. Come on is Joe up at 4 in the morning going over film. He's watching the offence, defence, and special teams go at it everyday in practice at 84. At 84 he is recruiting a few hours each day. And then the next day at 4 am he's up again doing film. This is a complete joke because he is getting wins he doesn't deserve. Now as for Penn ST the program he can run them into the ground all he wants. That's fine with me. But the all time wins record he is mocking right now.

Wait ... who are you Larry Johnson ... Bradley maybe? Feel slighted that you aren't getting enough credit? Why is this even on an SU board?

Wait ... who are you Larry Johnson ... Bradley maybe? Feel slighted that you aren't getting enough credit? Why is this even on an SU board?
Because I'm an SU fan with an opinion on Penn St. What on an SU board you can only talk about SU. I was just starting a conversation that's all.

Because I'm an SU fan with an opinion on Penn St. What on an SU board you can only talk about SU. I was just starting a conversation that's all.

Oh well I just love going to a football board that revolves around team A to throw a rant about a coach for team B when they don't even play each other that particular season ... makes sense to me. It wasn't a conversation starter it was a rant and there wasn't even a question posed ... thats all ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom