I hope Gross remembers | Syracusefan.com

I hope Gross remembers

SaltineWar

Scout Team
what he did to Coach P following a GaTech game that wasn't anywhere near this ugly. We're still paying the price for it.

Now we know you have no idea what you're talking about because that decision wasn't on Gross.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Just as Marrone wasn't Darryl's pick either.

what he did to Coach P following a GaTech game that wasn't anywhere near this ugly. We're still paying the price for it.
Your memory must be bad, because I remember some funky punt formation that we had and they were blocking it at will. The game was so bad that Tirico couldn't keep his composure.

Cantor made that call. Gross was going to give him one more year. What we're paying for is the ineptitude that was obvious at the end of the P&D era and Crouthamel's inability to pull the trigger when it was clear we were on a steady downward slide.

You're one of kind...thank gawd. Dumb as a post.
Is it too much to ask all the supposed "insiders" on this board to back up their statements.

Last edited:
Cantor made that call. Gross was going to give him one more year. What we're paying for is the ineptitude that was obvious at the end of the P&D era and Crouthamel's inability to pull the trigger when it was clear we were on a steady downward slide.

Above Cantor.

Board of Trustees.

Is it too much to ask all the supposed "insiders" on this board to back up their statements.

Further, I'm sure that if it was Gross' call, he's done his best to distance himself from it since.
KJB...where are you???? Push the button on this a$$clown!!!

Further, I'm sure that if it was Gross' call, he's done his best to distance himself from it since.
I think the same standard could apply to your assertion about Gross firing P.

i agreed with Dr G's decision at the time but you don't build programs with 3 consecutive first time head coaches and coordinators.

This is spot on. For all the positives the good Dr has done for SU athletics all his equity is thrown out the window with his complete and utter mismanagement of the football team.

Thank you.

But it would be nice if ten years later you could elaborate a little more about who on the board.
It doesn't matter. Regardless of who finally made the call, our recruiting had taken a nosedive, and our brand had devolved into one of boring antiquated football. Fans, analysts, and recruits all knew it, and it was on P's watch. If it wasn't for Dwight Freeney having a superhuman year in '01, P would've been gone earlier.

Cantor instructed Gross to fire him. It wasn't Gross nor was it the board. She gave the order during the game. A few on this board were there when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Above Cantor.

Board of Trustees.

Want some inside info - it was a just few Board members, not all as no official vote was taken (nor should be either). Cantor gave Dr Gross the ok and Gross, being new did what he was told to do. Can't blame Gross on the fire, just the new hire. We lost Ray Rice in all of this - really bad timing. SU football fell from grace, we were locked in an awful BE conference for football and the rest is history with the rise of both Rutgers & UConn football spoiling our traditional recruiting grounds.

However, it was a few Board members that ran Marrone out of town too but that is another story.

Now Shaffer is now making the same mistake that Grob did going outside of NYS to find recruits cause they are star struck. Wanna know how I really feel?

Last edited:
Cantor instructed Gross to fire him. It wasn't Gross nor was it the board. She gave the order during the game. A few on this board were there when it happened.

The decision was made there yes but Cantor had support already by the Board.

Winner! The landscape of college football changed right before our eyes. And before I get the "small private school, undesirable location" BS:

Boise St
Northwestern

Jake, Buzz, and P&D...they did a lot for this program, but they also did a lot to bring it down.

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

So while we've got some very well-informed guys on the thread, who is most responsible for Grob?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom