I hope I never hear another disparaging word... | Syracusefan.com

I hope I never hear another disparaging word...

Flacusian

All Conference
about Brandon Triche again. That kid put this team on his back and showed his team mates that we could win this game. He was excellent in so many areas today. He has taken a lot of $hid from a lot of people over the years and all that kid does is keep playing his heart out.

That 1st half that he played paved the way for this team to hang tough with Louisville all day and he was the catalyst that sparked this team on to it's greatest win in recent memory. He is a quiet leader and does his talking on the court. Really proud of Brandon!

People don't seem to understand that he will leave Syracuse as the winningest player of all time and it won't be close. It is likely that the wins record he sets will never be broken. And PS he was a starter in every single one of those games.

He's been my favorite player for 4 years. He (and CJ) just play the damn game and don't worry about hyping themselves at every possible moment (see MCW banging himself on the chest).

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.

He stepped up when needed. Everything Brandon could have ever possibly been, showed up in the 1st half.

He began to defer to MCW at the end of the game. That's just how he is. Let's not let one amazing game have everybody forget how hot and cold Brandon is. But great job today, we would never have won it without him.

He's been my favorite player for 4 years. He (and CJ) just play the damn game and don't worry about hyping themselves at every possible moment (see MCW banging himself on the chest).

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.
Also my favorite. Also been my only criticism as I keep hoping and waiting he'll get the confidence to lead the team. But he really stepped up today

He stepped up when needed. Everything Brandon could have ever possibly been, showed up in the 1st half.

He began to defer to MCW at the end of the game. That's just how he is. Let's not let one amazing game have everybody forget how hot and cold Brandon is. But great job today, we would never have won it without him.

I'm not sure how he decreed to anyone. He and MCW had switched roles and it was Brandon's job to break the press. Lville paid a lot of attention to him when he did have the ball in the half court.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

All but thw greatest bball players are got and cold.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Are you kidding me! Go to hell with the condescending post. BT always shows up to play and he has for four years.

about Brandon Triche again. That kid put this team on his back and showed his team mates that we could win this game. He was excellent in so many areas today. He has taken a lot of $hid from a lot of people over the years and all that kid does is keep playing his heart out.

That 1st half that he played paved the way for this team to hang tough with Louisville all day and he was the catalyst that sparked this team on to it's greatest win in recent memory. He is a quiet leader and does his talking on the court. Really proud of Brandon!

Triche is a very good college player. Not an elite one. But that doesn't change the fact that he is very good.

Sure I wish he would be a bit more consistent [especially as an outside shooter], but a lot of the primary instigators who are critical of BT do so to further an agenda. And they couldn't be more wrong, frankly.

I've never understood why so many posters seem to root against our players, or single them out. Almost like they root for certain players to fail / underperform.

Brandon Triche=Macky MacPherson. I would imagine the same people that put down BT do the same with MM. Its an unfortunate thing we do to the local kids. Especially when they are really good and some numbnuts never take the time to appreciate it.

Pitino said after the game that he is the most underrated player in the country. Fact is he has killed Louisville going back to his sophomore year. He had the floater over dieng to beat them at the yum center last year, was on fire at home, and almost lead a comeback against them in 2011. It doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but he was the guy who handled the ball against the pressure in the second half, and the reason we only had 3 turnovers in the second half.

Triche is a very good college player. Not an elite one. But that doesn't change the fact that he is very good.

Sure I wish he would be a bit more consistent [especially as an outside shooter], but a lot of the primary instigators who are critical of BT do so to further an agenda. And they couldn't be more wrong, frankly.

I've never understood why so many posters seem to root against our players, or single them out. Almost like they root for certain players to fail / underperform.
You're wrong.

People don't seem to understand that he will leave Syracuse as the winningest player of all time and it won't be close. It is likely that the wins record he sets will never be broken. And PS he was a starter in every single one of those games.
Brandon currently has 108 wins at Syracuse, I believe that Joesph is the the all time winningest player with 119. So by the time we are entering the NCAA tourney he should be the all time leader.

You are 100% right. And I am a big triche supporter.

But the biggest issue that everyone has... Is that not only do some fans not understand your point...sometimes it seems Brandon doesn't either.

Brandon had a 1st half reminiscent of gerry's in the NC game. without that we lose.

I've been a big BT fan since day one but I, like many, have a hard time understanding the FT shooting. I do like the fact the in JSIII's absence that he and CJ have taken it upon themselves to step up. Jeremi also.

I think BT is going to have a great last half of his senior season and well deserved congratulations on senior night.

Because I think he's definitely an elite college guard. I agree that others have an axe to grind with him. I'm going to miss him next to year though and looking forward to the next 10 weeks!

Brandon Triche=Macky MacPherson. I would imagine the same people that put down BT do the same with MM. Its an unfortunate thing we do to the local kids. Especially when they are really good and some numbnuts never take the time to appreciate it.

These threads come up a lot - I know for me I soured a bit on BT because of the Scoop thing back in 2010. Half these people who get bent out of shape about criticism of BT were the ones spreading all the vitriol about Scoop that year. At some point I held it against BT, which I know is in no way fair, but that's what it became. One kid can shoot 33% and be a great shooter, the other shoots better and is the worst shooter in the history of Syracuse. My all time favorite being the threads about how BT's misses were the same as assists, while Scoops misses were always game-changing daggers that destroyed the heart of SU basketball.

I even see some of those ppl in this thread. lol

Edit:

BTW, I don't root against BT at all, but I think I do still resent some of the ppl that are just oblivious to the kid's weaknesses as a player - and have been obnoxiously so for 4 years.

Because I think he's definitely an elite college guard. I agree that others have an axe to grind with him. I'm going to miss him next to year though and looking forward to the next 10 weeks!

Well, I'm not going to split hairs over what we each mean by "very good," "great," or "elite."

But there's not question BT was great today and played like an elite player.

LGO!!!

These threads come up a lot - I know for me I soured a bit on BT because of the Scoop thing back in 2010. Half these people who get bent out of shape about criticism of BT were the ones spreading all the vitriol about Scoop that year. At some point I held it against BT, which I know is in no way fair, but that's what it became. One kid can shoot 33% and be a great shooter, the other shoots better and is the worst shooter in the history of Syracuse. My all time favorite being the threads about how BT's misses were the same as assists, while Scoops misses were always game-changing daggers that destroyed the heart of SU basketball.

I even see some of those ppl in this thread. lol

Edit:

BTW, I don't root against BT, but I think I do still resent some of the ppl that are just obvious to the kid weaknesses as a player.

Exactly right. I'm with you on that, and that's not entirely fair.

Anyway, Triche won the game today and that's a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom