I hope I never hear another disparaging word... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hope I never hear another disparaging word...

And BT has a better handle. As a frosh his handle was shaky, but look at him now. His ball handling is now a thing of brilliance. He is completely aware. He waits for the defender to commit and instantly takes advantage. Very sweet. That is a skill that MCW can only dream of.

Is this post serious?

Triche struck me as a bit more hesitant in the 2nd half. This all started when he missed his first shot to start the half. You'll notice that he became very quiet offensively after that. Not really attempting anything. Maybe this was Jim's call, but Triche suddenly didn't have his assertiveness from the first half.

And in order for MCW to have all of those opportunities in the final 5 minutes, players need to pass him the ball. If MCW didn't dribble it up-court, it was Brandon who passed him the ball generally.

I don't know, I don't listen to announcers nor take their opinions very seriously, but from the game I watched, MCW wanted the ball in crunch-time 1000x more than Triche did.

I don't think he was hesitant - I would imagine Pitino got on his players a bit and they focused more on BT in the second half. As a result, he wasn't as open and wasn't forcing the action. It's the kind of play you want out of a senior - he also took on more of the ball-handling responsibilities. All-around just a great performance.

Triche struck me as a bit more hesitant in the 2nd half. This all started when he missed his first shot to start the half. You'll notice that he became very quiet offensively after that. Not really attempting anything. Maybe this was Jim's call, but Triche suddenly didn't have his assertiveness from the first half.

And in order for MCW to have all of those opportunities in the final 5 minutes, players need to pass him the ball. If MCW didn't dribble it up-court, it was Brandon who passed him the ball generally.

I don't know, I don't listen to announcers nor take their opinions very seriously, but from the game I watched, MCW wanted the ball in crunch-time 1000x more than Triche did.

Its been noted several times that the 2nd half Lville gave Triche a lot of attention. So his ops went down. He also had to pass to MCW. Like O said, he wasn't going to break the press and dribble around for 30 secs. 1000x ok then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is a bizarre thread. Why is it so hard to believe that honest, differing opinions can exist on certain players without having "an agenda"?

If you honestly believe there are fans who root for BT to f**k up and lose the game so they can say they were right - thereby implying that they care more about their 'forum rep' (whatever that means) than their team winning, which by definition makes them not a fan - then there's a very high probability that you're the one who takes message boards way too seriously.

Personally I was more of a Kris Joseph fan than probably most people. Thought he took a lot of flak for not being some all-world player. But you didn't see me thumbing my nose at how I was a superior fan when he carried the day in the WVU/Gtown games last year.

Never really understood the whole Triche vs Scoop thing btw. It's like reading 18yr old Apple vs Android fanboys argue.

Its been noted several times that the 2nd half Lville gave Triche a lot of attention. So his ops went down. He also had to pass to MCW. Like O said, he wasn't going to break the press and dribble around for 30 secs. 1000x ok then.

I stand by my opinion that Triche deferred to MCW at the end, regardless of what you think. MCW won us this game and deserves as much credit as Triche for the victory.

MCW demanding the ball and winning us the game, despite continually making mistakes, in a game of this magnitude and no previous experience playing in a game of this magnitude is what winners are made of. He wanted that ball 1,000,000x more than Triche did at the end of the game.

Triche played amazing, but I've never seen the chops from him that MCW showed tonight.

I stand by my opinion that Triche deferred to MCW at the end, regardless of what you think. MCW won us this game and deserves as much credit as Triche for the victory.

MCW demanding the ball and winning us the game, despite continually making mistakes, in a game of this magnitude and no previous experience playing in a game of this magnitude is what winners are made of. He wanted that ball 1,000,000x more than Triche did at the end of the game.

Triche played amazing, but I've never seen the chops from him that MCW showed tonight.

Define demand.

Btw, facts trump opinion.

I'll miss some but last year, WVU, VaTech, Florida, OSU, etc.

Define demand.

Btw, facts trump opinion.

What facts? All facts can be twisted to fit opinions. Like how you conveniently forgot to mention MCW's 3 pointer with 2:30 to go when describing his final 5 minutes of the game.

Look, we seem to forget we are on the same team here, and I'm pretty sure we still have tension from our "should athletes get paid" thread from a while ago. I really like Brandon as a player and really think he stepped up today when we needed him most. In the 1st half, he was THE MAN and everybody in that building was terrified of him. Games like that frustrate me because, while he might not be able to play like that every game, he can assert himself like that every game. THAT is my beef with Brandon. I see this thread sprouting out about how he has always been this good, blah blah. Just trying to ground everybody a bit. Why? Because Triche usually falls back to Earth very quickly. Even though he shouldn't.

BT is the biggest reason they didn't go off the rails in the 1st half when Louisville was up 9.

He's been my favorite player for 4 years. He (and CJ) just play the damn game and don't worry about hyping themselves at every possible moment (see MCW banging himself on the chest).

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.
I could not agree with you more, I love both players, there deameanor is the same no matter how the game is going, if they make a mistake they take JB's wrath and move on. IMO Brandon can take anybody to the rack anytime he wants too!!

We don't have to tear down one player to boost another.

IMO, both players last night were critical to the win, and IMO both players will get a good look from the NBA. If BT plays even close to the way he played tonight for the remainder of the season ie 18 points 5 or 6 rebounds he'll get a good look.

Incredible first half from Triche. He still did some things in the 2nd, but he cooled off big time, and like others said, his first half made our team believe.

Having said that, L'Ville's press was extremely weak once we adjusted. MCW got screwed early when nobody came back to help him, but once we had him and Triche, they easily just passed it back and forth to get it up the court. After those first couple turnovers, their press was really just a way to slow us down and eat up some seconds. They both did a great job handling the ball last night. MCW just forced some passes early on like he does.

Brandon Triche=Macky MacPherson. I would imagine the same people that put down BT do the same with MM. Its an unfortunate thing we do to the local kids. Especially when they are really good and some numbnuts never take the time to appreciate it.
I guess in the sense that they're both local and have taken some heat.

I don't know. Macky was undersized, probably played too early and was handed a starting job after his coach stressed how everyone needed to compete.

Triche fought against other talents for PT and for whatever reasons JB saw fit started games. I never felt like he wasn't ready though like I did with Macky. I think JB put Triche in position to succeed earlier in his career better than Marrone did for Macky fwiw.

BS. he wasnt hyping himself. he just hit a go ahead 3 late in the game on the road against the #1 team in the nation having a stuff game up until that point. he was excited to put his team in the lead, i loved his reaction.

Respectfully disagree.

His reaction appeared much more self-celebratory than it did happy to give his team the lead. The celebration was directed inward; it didn't engage any teammates. His head was down.

Maybe he wanted to holler at himself out of relief or frustration or excitement after hitting the shot. I don't care and I'm not complaining about it. But it didn't resemble any "happy for the team" reaction that I've ever seen.

Respectfully disagree.

His reaction appeared much more self-celebratory than it did happy to give his team the lead. The celebration was directed inward; it didn't engage any teammates. His head was down.

Maybe he wanted to holler at himself out of relief or frustration or excitement after hitting the shot. I don't care and I'm not complaining about it. But it didn't resemble any "happy for the team" reaction that I've ever seen.

To be fair, just because he was celebrating putting the team in the lead doesn't necessarily mean it was a "happy for the team" kind of thing. But I think he was just letting his frustration out personally.

Regardless, every team needs a guy that plays with emotion (I think it's pretty obvious to say Coleman will be that guy moving forward.) Every great team needs a rah rah guy and a Triche IMO.

Whats worse, the people who want more consistency from triche, or the people who say he shold never be criticized again afer each tme he has a good game?

To be fair, just because he was celebrating putting the team in the lead doesn't necessarily mean it was a "happy for the team" kind of thing. But I think he was just letting his frustration out personally.

Regardless, every team needs a guy that plays with emotion (I think it's pretty obvious to say Coleman will be that guy moving forward.) Every great team needs a rah rah guy and a Triche IMO.

It looked like that to me, too.

Not sure a team really needs a rah-rah guy, but I don't know that the absence of one on this team has helped us. I'm more partial to the way Fair carries himself, but it can really help to have a gregarious cheerleader type out there.

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.
Several people have said this, and I don't understand it. What don't you like about his leadership skills?

For me, his leadership is one of the things that make this one of the more enjoyable teams ever. BT ascended to the role because he paid his dues. I like that. He leads by example, cool, stoic, unflappable. This team gives off a hard nosed blue collar toughness feel that in large part comes from BT.

Was Andy "born with" leadership skills? Who was? IMO, leadership skills are earned, not granted. It is the SU/JB way to have the upperclassman lead the way. You don't become a different person you evolve into a more prominent role.

Incredible first half from Triche. He still did some things in the 2nd, but he cooled off big time, and like others said, his first half made our team believe.

Having said that, L'Ville's press was extremely weak once we adjusted. MCW got screwed early when nobody came back to help him, but once we had him and Triche, they easily just passed it back and forth to get it up the court. After those first couple turnovers, their press was really just a way to slow us down and eat up some seconds. They both did a great job handling the ball last night. MCW just forced some passes early on like he does.

Do you really feel this way? Not the way I saw it at all. MCW forced way too many bad passes and tried to dribble through too many guys who were quicker than him. BT was to the side of him most of the time in that first half and MCW just kept dribbling.

And why disparageTriche in the first paragraph? Yes, he wasn't PERFECT from the field in the second half, so you can say he didn't have as good a half shooting, but considering he was the focus of the Louisville defense in the second half, I think he played pretty well. Forced one bad three point shot but the rest were all good shots.

Triche should be criticized because he doesn't show enough fire. MCW should be criticized because he got pumped up after making a big play after having a horrible game. I should be criticized the most though, because I was way too boisterous and spilled my beer on the couch after MCW made that steal and slam. I will man up and take full responsibility for my reprehensible behavior. ;)

Whats worse, the people who want more consistency from triche, or the people who say he shold never be criticized again afer each tme he has a good game?

These threads area always funny. If BT goes out and puts up a 1-for-8 with 4 TOs and a horrible foul late in a lose game, I'm going to criticize him for it. If he puts up 23 and hits 5 of 7 from three, that's incredible and I'll give him a ton of credit for it. If he just consistently goes for 15 every game, I'll give him credit for that too. This board gets insane sometimes.

These threads area always funny. If BT goes out and puts up a 1-for-8 with 4 TOs and a horrible foul late in a lose game, I'm going to criticize him for it. If he puts up 23 and hits 5 of 7 from three, that's incredible and I'll give him a ton of credit for it. If he just consistently goes for 15 every game, I'll give him credit for that too. This board gets insane sometimes.

Twas exactlymy point. Not sure why the BT backers get so butt hurt

Do you really feel this way? Not the way I saw it at all. MCW forced way too many bad passes and tried to dribble through too many guys who were quicker than him. BT was to the side of him most of the time in that first half and MCW just kept dribbling.

And why disparageTriche in the first paragraph? Yes, he wasn't PERFECT from the field in the second half, so you can say he didn't have as good a half shooting, but considering he was the focus of the Louisville defense in the second half, I think he played pretty well. Forced one bad three point shot but the rest were all good shots.

I didn't mean to disparage him. He was our best player yesterday, but he kinda faded into the background again in the 2nd half.

And I agree that MCW forced the issue early on. But in the 2nd half, the press was very weak in my opinion. It really isn't a press at all. They just picked MCW up at full court instead of waiting for him to come across half court. I was never worried about the press once we brought Triche back to help.

Everyone is talking about Triche hitting threes, but that was the easy part today, frankly. Some of his finishes around the rim were absolutely incredible. THAT is where he was by far the most impressive today, if you ask me. So much strength and body control around the tin.
THIS!! On one of his drives to the hoop, while in the air he ball faked to the right and then scooped in on the left. Its was absolutely awesome highlight move. I had never seen him play with that type of strength and control. He is playing at another level and I'm hoping we see more it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom