I hope I never hear another disparaging word... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hope I never hear another disparaging word...

Because I think he's definitely an elite college guard. I agree that others have an axe to grind with him. I'm going to miss him next to year though and looking forward to the next 10 weeks!

I agree with this. I think he's elite especially when you consider how few really good college players there are these days.

And with Brandon it's always been so much more about the whole game than just shooting. I know that is difficult to fathom considering he's a 2 guard, but lots of 2 guards on nights they don't have the shot don't give anything at all. Brandon goes and gets the important rebounds, he tips passes, and he's the one that JB turns to when he needs the team to calm down.

Great game today BT!

I love BT but how can you criticize MCW for pounding his chest after he nailed that 3? I did the exact same thing and screamed f@&k yeah when he shot it! Brass tacks all around

I love BT but how can you criticize MCW for pounding his chest after he nailed that 3? I did the exact same thing and screamed f@&k yeah when he shot it! Brass tacks all around

Yeah, I didn't view that as being self-aggrandizing. He was fired up.

Yeah, I didn't view that as being self-aggrandizing. He was fired up.

Yeah, that was no different than BT going off when he hit that corner three - I like to see the kids get fired up.

If he threw up the dynasty sign and then ran back doing the airplane I might take issue...otherwise, no harm.

Brandon plays at an elite level when he shoots well. His first half today was legendary. Really was. It will be ingrained in our memory forever.

JBs decision to have him assist in ball handling was great.

But let's not lose track of the fact that Brandon is a better shooter than MCW and MCW is a better distributor.

That's why they play the rolls they do.

These threads come up a lot - I know for me I soured a bit on BT because of the Scoop thing back in 2010. Half these people who get bent out of shape about criticism of BT were the ones spreading all the vitriol about Scoop that year. At some point I held it against BT, which I know is in no way fair, but that's what it became. One kid can shoot 33% and be a great shooter, the other shoots better and is the worst shooter in the history of Syracuse. My all time favorite being the threads about how BT's misses were the same as assists, while Scoops misses were always game-changing daggers that destroyed the heart of SU basketball.

I even see some of those ppl in this thread. lol

Edit:

BTW, I don't root against BT at all, but I think I do still resent some of the ppl that are just oblivious to the kid's weaknesses as a player - and have been obnoxiously so for 4 years.

The people who didn't realize how good scoop was for us are just as stupid as the people who think Brandon sucks.

I'm with you though that I don't understand how people get in their kind that they like one guy over another and the one they like can do no wrong. Brandon had an awful game against nova. He had a great game today. He's helped us win far more games than he's helped us lose.

Brandon plays at an elite level when he shoots well. His first half today was legendary. Really was. It will be ingrained in our memory forever.

But let's not lose track of the fact that Brandon is a better shooter than MCW and MCW is a better distributor.

BT will be best remembered next year.

Everyone is talking about Triche hitting threes, but that was the easy part today, frankly. Some of his finishes around the rim were absolutely incredible. THAT is where he was by far the most impressive today, if you ask me. So much strength and body control around the tin.

Everyone is talking about Triche hitting threes, but that was the easy part today, frankly. Some of his finishes around the rim were absolutely incredible. THAT is where he was by far the most impressive today, if you ask me. So much strength and body control around the tin.

That left handed layup he hit in the first half, with Dieng trying to block it, was a thing of beauty.

That left handed layup he hit in the first half, with Dieng trying to block it, was a thing of beauty.

The one where he hit the deck? That was bonkers....amazing finish with all that contact.

The one where he hit the deck? That was bonkers....amazing finish with all that contact.

No, I think this one was later in the first half, where Triche spread the floor and then turned the corner on Siva. Had a sweet driving left, just beyond the outstretched arm of Dieng. Glided right in for the layup.

He was in the zone today in the first half.

hell ya they were a thing of beauty! a little shake and bake and a finish in traffic with the left. thats one thing he improved on since last year(finishing in the lane)

The scoring was great,but having him handle the ball against the press in the second half is the reason we won the game.

Love BT and he's having a great season but I"ll also say that games like this make it even more puzzling when he makes random What plays in other games. Reminds me of Billy Owens in that regard. Awesome player that pulled a lot of real head-scratchers.

Because I think he's definitely an elite college guard. I agree that others have an axe to grind with him. I'm going to miss him next to year though and looking forward to the next 10 weeks!

Respectfully disagree that BT is an elite college bball player. He has had a very good career, but certainly not elite. He has been surrounded with pretty damn good talent as well... Not to say that others aren't as well.

End of the day, BT does have incredible biceps with bowling balls in his shoulders.

I'm not sure how he decreed to anyone. He and MCW had switched roles and it was Brandon's job to break the press. Lville paid a lot of attention to him when he did have the ball in the half court.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MCW took over the game at the end, not sure how you can say otherwise. He demanded the ball starting around the 5 minutes left mark, despite turnovers. Brandon was fine with this.

Brandon is a great player when he is on, but he is inconsistent and that is well known. He does not always play to this level, despite the ability to do so every night. It shocks me how people forget that after one game, then act like they are his biggest fan. Not speaking to you directly, but some people in this thread.

Brandon's our leading scorer. He scored in double figures all, but what 2 or 3 games. Compare his game log to that of Seth curry. He has the same standArd deviation as just about any other teams top scorer. This is college basketball, not the nba. Some people expect Brandon to get 25 a night, and that will never happen on a Syracuse team with the amount of talent we have here. Not for anyone. If you compare his year this year to dions last year, their percentages are very similar. Bt just scores a bit more this year because he gets 32 mins a night.

And BT has a better handle. As a frosh his handle was shaky, but look at him now. His ball handling is now a thing of brilliance. He is completely aware. He waits for the defender to commit and instantly takes advantage. Very sweet. That is a skill that MCW can only dream of.

Triche was awesome today, he is the reason why Cuse was in the game at half time. His experience showed.

MCW took over the game at the end, not sure how you can say otherwise. He demanded the ball starting around the 5 minutes left mark, despite turnovers. Brandon was fine with this.

Brandon is a great player when he is on, but he is inconsistent and that is well known. He does not always play to this level, despite the ability to do so every night. It shocks me how people forget that after one game, then act like they are his biggest fan. Not speaking to you directly, but some people in this thread.

Different games then and I'm not bashing MCW. But Triche was bringing the ball up to break the press. In the halfcourt MCW was getting the ball on passes. Triche wasn't going to gold the ball for 35 seconds. I don't call that deferring. In fact, several times Triche was calling for the ball back which was even noted by the announcers. That's not deferring.

In those last 5 mins, MCW missed a jumper, missed a 3, and missed a crazy layup attempt. He also had the dunk after a gift wrapped pass from Siva. He also was 2-4 from the line.

I just don't see where anyone deferred to him. In fact he should have given the ball back to Triche a few times when he was calling for it.

He's been my favorite player for 4 years. He (and CJ) just play the damn game and don't worry about hyping themselves at every possible moment (see MCW banging himself on the chest).

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.

Hilarious about you busting on MCW for banging his chest. That kid stepped up when nobody else wanted to. I love the moxy!

He's been my favorite player for 4 years. He (and CJ) just play the damn game and don't worry about hyping themselves at every possible moment (see MCW banging himself on the chest).

I've "criticized" Triche for his leadership skills, but I think that's something your born with. You can't just become a different person.

BS. he wasnt hyping himself. he just hit a go ahead 3 late in the game on the road against the #1 team in the nation having a stuff game up until that point. he was excited to put his team in the lead, i loved his reaction.

Different games then and I'm not bashing MCW. But Triche was bringing the ball up to break the press. In the halfcourt MCW was getting the ball on passes. Triche wasn't going to gold the ball for 35 seconds. I don't call that deferring. In fact, several times Triche was calling for the ball back which was even noted by the announcers. That's not deferring.

In those last 5 mins, MCW missed a jumper, missed a 3, and missed a crazy layup attempt. He also had the dunk after a gift wrapped pass from Siva. He also was 2-4 from the line.

I just don't see where anyone deferred to him. In fact he should have given the ball back to Triche a few times when he was calling for it.

Triche struck me as a bit more hesitant in the 2nd half. This all started when he missed his first shot to start the half. You'll notice that he became very quiet offensively after that. Not really attempting anything. Maybe this was Jim's call, but Triche suddenly didn't have his assertiveness from the first half.

And in order for MCW to have all of those opportunities in the final 5 minutes, players need to pass him the ball. If MCW didn't dribble it up-court, it was Brandon who passed him the ball generally.

I don't know, I don't listen to announcers nor take their opinions very seriously, but from the game I watched, MCW wanted the ball in crunch-time 1000x more than Triche did.

In Pitino's post game presser he called Brandon "the most underrated player in the nation"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom