I hope the exit is worked out | Syracusefan.com

I hope the exit is worked out

GoSU96

Living Legend
I don't want to go through three years of getting jobbed by the refs.

yeah, no way this goes 27 months or whatever theyre saying.

if wv goes to the SEC, and the okies and the texas' go west, the big east and the big 12 are done. there will be 4 conference names which we all know and 1 which we will love and then there will be 1 conf of leftovers being formed. a lot of this could happen this week, plenty of time to work out the 2012 sched.

yeah, no way this goes 27 months or whatever theyre saying.

if wv goes to the SEC, and the okies and the texas' go west, the big east and the big 12 are done. there will be 4 conference names which we all know and 1 which we will love and then there will be 1 conf of leftovers being formed. a lot of this could happen this week, plenty of time to work out the 2012 sched.

Prediction: For an early-out, we'll offer 7 mil, the BE will counter with 10 and the deal will be settled for 8 mil. :cool:

There goes all the donation money raised in California this weekend.

At a minimum I think Pitt will argue they gave notice back in 2010 and that the Commissioner's Office agreed to the notice.

Question....is the enforcement of the withdrawal penalty initiated by the league or by any single school. Can a football school be held hostage by a single BB only such as Marquette?

Given that any FB school would leave in the next 8 hours if they could obtain an offer it might not be a wise idea to attempt to oppose a speedy withdrawal by SU and Pitt for example. Especially if said school has its sights on the ACC.

I don't want to go through three years of getting jobbed by the refs.

Wonder if there's a clause in the football portion about it not applying if it's not a viable conference. Maybe 7 could be assumed viable, but everyone wants to jump off this ship now. Big East has to move quickly given they have a TV contract window that's about to close. They may just need to move on, in whatever form.

Regardless, I'm not planning on us being in this terrible football league for 27 more months. Swofford said the right things for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom