I just feel terrible for Dungey | Syracusefan.com

I just feel terrible for Dungey

Eric15

Living Legend
With all the injuries and concussions over the past 3.5 seasons. Didn't finish the year in 2015. Didn't finish the year in 2016. Didn't finish the year in 2017. This was FINALLY supposed to be the year that he played 12 games and led us to a bowl. He looked like he was about to cry every time they showed him on the sideline, but he was a great teammate at every step. When Tommy threw that pick, Dungey came over and reassured him.

Devito has to start next week. But man, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad for an SU player.

Agreed.
I like legit feel horrible about this but I’d rather remember him bicycle kicking defenders than intercepted softballs from a bum shoulder
Tommy just has one of the best arms I’ve ever seen
It’s completely undeniable

I agree, it's really unfortunate and he has been our saving grace the past few years. Unfortunately it is the job of the head coach to recruit talented players that can take the jobs of the starters. I will always root for Dungey because he is a guy you want on your team and gives it his all.

I do think Dungey plays again this season (multiple series) but everyone knows Devito is the guy moving forward. The future looks bright with Devito, Moe Neal, Taj Harris, Sean Riley, and Nykiem Johnson all returning and also adding Abdul Adams and Trishton Jackson (maybe Johnson, I forget).

Dungey will be the perfect guy on the sidelines to get the team in the right mindset.

I don’t think there is a Syracuse fan alive that doesn’t love Dungey. He’s almost Gmac-esk. He’s been a warrior for us. I ran into him one time at Green Lakes and he played with my dog for like 15 mins and was the nicest kid you’ll ever meet. It’s kills me that it didn’t fall in his favor, but DeVito is what this team needs. Kid has a GUNNNNNNN. Thank you Eric, you are the only thing we had for 3 years and you will always have a spot in our hearts. But the DeVito era has begun.

With all the injuries and concussions over the past 3.5 seasons. Didn't finish the year in 2015. Didn't finish the year in 2016. Didn't finish the year in 2017. This was FINALLY supposed to be the year that he played 12 games and led us to a bowl. He looked like he was about to cry every time they showed him on the sideline, but he was a great teammate at every step. When Tommy threw that pick, Dungey came over and reassured him.

Devito has to start next week. But man, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad for an SU player.
No one here is a bigger ED fan than me. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I really like what I saw from TD...he wasn't afraid to vertically stretch the defense. Kudos to him and the OC /staff.

He was the same guy vs WMU 1H but since then he hasn't been.

I wouldn't close the door on Dungey completely injuries can happen. I'm glad he isn't out for the year and will be available I don't want to see the third guy on the depth chart. I don't see any circumstances where Devito loses the job in the next 3 games due to performance but I'd consider inserting Dungey against ND or BC if the offense is struggling and Dungey has healed up a bit. Very happy next week is a home game.

Our QB situation is identical to Alabama's for all intents and purposes at this moment and I love it.

He’s one play away from being back in. His story may not be over. He needs to be ready.

But man, those passes were just night and day. Proved that open WRs weren’t the problem.

No one here is a bigger ED fan than me. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I really like what I saw from TD...he wasn't afraid to vertically stretch the defense. Kudos to him and the OC /staff.

Not even a little bit? I mean this kid is probably going to have health problems later in life based on how much of his body he gave to SU football.

Eric should just leave the team and go prepare to learn to play TE at the next level. Why stick around and potentially get hurt.

Dungey is always good in the first half. I think he should start in the first half then DeVito in the second half.
I agree I think as game goes on he gets gassed and starts making poor decisions

Not even a little bit? I mean this kid is probably going to have health problems later in life based on how much of his body he gave to SU football.
Of course you feel for ED but when the evidence is what it is...it's difficult to argue.

For some reason, he stopped looking to stretch the field vertically. Is he injured...who knows. TD was great. Hopefully...his father steers clear of this board.

He could be a great qb in the cfl
Fun
He seriously needs to repair his shoulder
It’s noticably in terrible shape

Eric should just leave the team and go prepare to learn to play TE at the next level. Why stick around and potentially get hurt.

Wow.

This board is amazing.

You think he should quit to get ready to play a position in the NFL he’s never played before.

Go ahead tonooint to a handful that of done it, but you are overreacting to what you think Dungey’s talents really are. His heart and toughness aren’t matched by his professional upside.

And quitting his college football team helps in that regard...how?

Why stick around if they are not going to support you. Its too bad it was not before the forth game so he could have transferred somewhere where they appreciated him.