I just feel terrible for Dungey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I just feel terrible for Dungey

He’s one play away from being back in. His story may not be over. He needs to be ready.

But man, those passes were just night and day. Proved that open WRs weren’t the problem.

Yeah. If that performance happened in garbage time down 35 it would have to be taken with a grain of salt but he did that with the game on the line and won it. WRs look different and much better with the ball getting there quicker.

The only way UNC was winning in OT was if they went for 2 in the first OT period.

For a guy who isn't huge Devito seems pretty tough and willing to lower the shoulder I hope he doesn't do it too much.

Another point don't be shocked if he gets Custis drafted now. I think hes gonna look like Sr Ishmael or Amba rest of the way with Devito at QB.

With all the injuries and concussions over the past 3.5 seasons. Didn't finish the year in 2015. Didn't finish the year in 2016. Didn't finish the year in 2017. This was FINALLY supposed to be the year that he played 12 games and led us to a bowl. He looked like he was about to cry every time they showed him on the sideline, but he was a great teammate at every step. When Tommy threw that pick, Dungey came over and reassured him.

Devito has to start next week. But man, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad for an SU player.

Felt the same way at the game. Very tough for Dungey who gave his body for the program - felt so badly for Terrell Hunt too whose career was derailed by devastating injuries.

Eric has done a lot of good for this program. Unfortunately, injuries have become associated with his legacy. This was supposed to be the year he put it all together, but the wheels came off for him and this team at Clemson. I still believe he's playing hurt hence why the ball isn't getting out of his hand like it used to. If you think were frustrated, imagine how he feels. There's a loyalty that Dino has to Eric, but Tommy is his guy and he proved that by pulling Eric when he did. I don't think this is the end of his chapter at SU. He needs to be ready for when his number is called again.

'OMG. Y'all think you know what is going on and you don't have a clue. Sometimes it's best to say nothing and not look dumb.

All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.

He could be a great qb in the cfl
Fun
He seriously needs to repair his shoulder
It’s noticably in terrible shape
IMO Dungey's shoulder/arm has been injured for a while now and he has been trying to tough-out the season because he's such a competitor. All those underthrown balls are a dead giveaway.

I feel bad for Dungey because he's a particular player I've noticed that has gotten messed up a lot. Health wise ... not good. He always looks banged up after basically any hit now. So I hope in his adult life he walks away from the game ok.

In terms of losing the qb spot... I feel sort of bad I guess.

I feel bad for Dungey because he's a particular player I've noticed that has gotten messed up a lot. Health wise ... not good. He always looks banged up after basically any hit now. So I hope in his adult life he walks away from the game ok.

In terms of losing the qb spot... I feel sort of bad I guess.

Reality is in the last 3 games he’s 61-112 which is 54%. 1 TD, 3 INT’s. 670 yards. 6 yards per passing attempt.

Those numbers are pretty horrible, and they’re not just one little bad stretch. 3 games is a lot. Throw in the FSU game where he was 7-15 for 75 yards...his ACC passing stats this year are terrible.

I feel bad for him that he’s not able to throw like he usually does. While his legs get a lot of the attention, he’d always been a pretty good passer too. Right now he’s not, sadly.

All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.
Either this is a phenomenal job of trolling, or you're a deeply troubled individual.

You'd tell a HS kid not to visit a school because of a personal grudge that you foster over a reasonable decision?

This is an all timer

Well done sir

He apparently has some kind of influence over inpressionable young minds.

Terrifying. Worst stretch of posts I’ve ever seen possibly.

Quit the team to go play TE in the NFL, and avoid injury...wat.

The coach that started him over a better passer for 7 games is “doing him dirty”...wat.

I’m going to tell a kid not to visit SU because a struggling player got replaced in a game by a player who came in and played great and helped them win the game...wat.

What a whiny, dumb stretch of posts.

Dungey did what nobody else could have done to put us in a position to be successful again.

Nobody will look back on Dungey in a negative light, and Dungey will never be forgotten.

Reality is in the last 3 games he’s 61-112 which is 54%. 1 TD, 3 INT’s. 670 yards. 6 yards per passing attempt.

Those numbers are pretty horrible, and they’re not just one little bad stretch. 3 games is a lot. Throw in the FSU game where he was 7-15 for 75 yards...his ACC passing stats this year are terrible.

I feel bad for him that he’s not able to throw like he usually does. While his legs get a lot of the attention, he’d always been a pretty good passer too. Right now he’s not, sadly.
He's got good passing numbers because of Wagner and UCONN. Against everybody else he is mediocre. Devito time with Dungey in relief if Tommy struggles.

I don't really feel bad for Keith Dowling or Xzavier Gaines or anybody else who's worse than the guy ahead of him. They're working hard and getting a free education to play a game. So Dungey, I hope he's doing OK, but I don't feel bad for him.

I don't really feel bad for Keith Dowling or Xzavier Gaines or anybody else who's worse than the guy ahead of him. They're working hard and getting a free education to play a game. So Dungey, I hope he's doing OK, but I don't feel bad for him.

If he was performing at his normal peak level and just got beaten out, I wouldn’t feel bad for him.

It’s gotta be very frustrating for a very good QB to be limited by a physical issue, if that is indeed what is happening. He’s always been a better passer than this. I feel for him. Awesome to see him being a leader when he was pulled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom