I just feel terrible for Dungey | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I just feel terrible for Dungey

Dungey looked good in the first half. I think it's more than injuries. The yips?

I don't feel bad for him. Kid has nothing to be ashamed of. He spared nothing, never flinched, never backed down. Played with fire and was one of the toughest and grittiest competitors I've ever had the pleasure of watching and screaming for. He represented with distinction and still has crazy game. Dude will drink for free anytime he's in the same joint as me.

He still has a role to play on this team.

Eric should just leave the team and go prepare to learn to play TE at the next level. Why stick around and potentially get hurt.

Yeah... this could work if Eric was playing Pop Warner. wth

We can talk arm strength and all that stuff but the biggest thing devito did is made his read and fired. This is a quick read offense and ED is too slow in that Dept. Tommy cost himself once in that regard but that’s the trade we have to make. We basically didn’t run with TD also...

I have no idea what is wrong with Dungey... This is not the player we have seen in previous years. He still plays with the emotion and physicality that you love but it seems to me that he is trusting his legs more than his arm now. Dungey is a very tough runner but I wouldn't call him extremely athletic and it just seems to me he is trying to be a Lamar Jackson. Eric is at his best when he uses his legs as a compliment. Not a primary weapon. Seems if his first reciever isn't opening that he is tucking the ball and running to soon. I'm not sure if all the hits he has had in career as made him want to run and avoid staying in the pocket but I hope he can get it together and we could have a two headed monster at QB. I'd like to see Syracuse do a little trickery next week with Dungey and Devito on field at same time.

People need to let the staff do what's best for the team. Eric may still win us games. He has 2 left in the dome. I know the ovation for him at Louisville will be great.
I still can't believe the empty seats. PLEASE fill the dome next Saturday night. It's a different place when full.

There is so much to love about Dungey but he was overrated as a passer by many here. And it is not just this year. I hope he bounces back and leads us to victory of NC State. But if he can’t, it is good to know we have another option.

He was hurt vs FSU and has been playing with a serious injury. The team is aware of it. He was close to being pulled against Pittsburg. The hope was that he would improve with the bye week. He didnt. I feel terrible for Eric as well but at this point it is obvious that Tommy gives us the best chance to win.

3o6ZtcZnkYUWqOS2dy.gif

I don't feel bad for him. Kid has nothing to be ashamed of. He spared nothing, never flinched, never backed down. Played with fire and was one of the toughest and grittiest competitors I've ever had the pleasure of watching and screaming for. He represented with distinction and still has crazy game. Dude will drink for free anytime he's in the same joint as me.

Hmmm. These are all the reasons that I (and I believe others) do feel bad for him.

Great post

He was hurt vs FSU and has been playing with a serious injury. The team is aware of it. He was close to being pulled against Pittsburg. The hope was that he would improve with the bye week. He didnt. I feel terrible for Eric as well but at this point it is obvious that Tommy gives us the best chance to win.
Clearly

This thread is nuts. Devito could start Saturday ,throw three picks, and Eric plays the rest of the year. I would not write off Eric as QB , not by a long shot.In surprised the Madisoncuse post wasn't deleted it was so stupid.

Last edited:
All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.
you sound to me like a person a athlete would not even speak with. please do speak with the kid ,and embarrass yourself further

All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.
Not sure how he was done dirty. Obviously, the plan at the start of the season was to get TD some experience throughout the year, which explains the playing time at WMU. Eric was struggling before he was pulled on Saturday. Like most others, I think he has been battling through an injury. I would think you would want to encourage the kid to take the official with the message being you'll have a chance to play even if the guy in front of you is a four-year starter and the heart of the team. This wasn't Eric being done dirty, it was about la Familia and getting the W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom