I just want to remind everyone that UNC game planned | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I just want to remind everyone that UNC game planned

TD had 3 series in regulation (I am not counting the hail Mary series because it was one play and the game ended), he scored once. Granted, he recovered very well and scored touchdowns in each of the overtimes. Combined, TD was 3 for 5 in scoring drives.

I and grateful to have TD on the team. I look forward to the team under his leadership. However, he is not perfect and the staff will decide whether to play him or play ED. I would not be surprised to see the staff move to a two-QB system.
That’s kind of what I’m expecting too.

TD had 3 series in regulation (I am not counting the hail Mary series because it was one play and the game ended), he scored once. Granted, he recovered very well and scored touchdowns in each of the overtimes. Combined, TD was 3 for 5 in scoring drives.

I and grateful to have TD on the team. I look forward to the team under his leadership. However, he is not perfect and the staff will decide whether to play him or play ED. I would not be surprised to see the staff move to a two-QB system.

We drive inside the 10 one of those non scoring drives and had to go for the touchdown because of the time and score.

To be fair he had us down to the 9, and would’ve produced 3 points in normal circumstances there if it wasn’t late in the game down 7.

Arm strength doesn’t make a superior QB. He’s less of a runner and less experienced. He was bated into a terrible INT that should’ve been ball game and would’ve been against a better team.

Eric’s accuracy was not great today, but he was two drops and a bad adjustment from Custis from going over 3 bills.

World of potential, and very well could be but is not currently superior at all.

For it me, it comes down to confidence in being able to make the throws. With Eric's shoulder injury, I don't think he has the confidence that he can make the throws the defense gives him. That results in slower reads and more check down runs,

Eric has been running in situations where he didn't need to because he is trying to make plays with out all his tools.

Give Tommy a shot to start and have Eric there as a change-up option, especially if we want to run clock.

Unc is a bad team, possible bottom 5 p5, we got at home.

That’s baloney. They were a fumble away from beating VTech in Blacksburg. Their skill players are excellent. Big and fast. They have an idiot of a play caller and fortunately we went to DeVito. Earlier in the season they were playing with some good players out due to suspensions. Today they had two veteran corners out. We were lucky that dummy play caller tried all that trickery stuff when it was men amongst boys just playing ball moving it down running their normal stuff. We could not stop their guys in space.

people who think UNC is bad just dont watch fball, they have some serious talent,, they are horrible coached at times and they dont have a real QB right now.. but skill wise they have 3-5 guys on offense and defense better than anyone we have and perhaps the 2nd most talent we have played all year.. you cant overlook roster suspensions and injuries have messed with that team big time.. that 19 was the most dynamic player we have seen this year.

people who think UNC is bad just dont watch fball, they have some serious talent,, they are horrible coached at times and they dont have a real QB right now.. but skill wise they have 3-5 guys on offense and defense better than anyone we have and perhaps the 2nd most talent we have played all year.. you cant overlook roster suspensions and injuries have messed with that team big time.. that 19 was the most dynamic player we have seen this year.
Fr 5-star RB... skill players all over. They’re a solid team talent wise for sure. Bad breaks and suspensions have completely derailed their season.

By my count, Dungey has been the QB for 88 1/2 possessions during which we've scored 235 points, 2.66 points per possession. DeVito has now been the QB for 24.5 possessions during which we've scored 53 points, or 2.21 per possession. (They shared a possession vs. Florida State during which Eric gained 16 yards, then got hurt. Tommy came in and gained 16 more and we kicked a field goal. i added the field goal to Tommy's total.)

Start Dungey but if he again struggles got to DeVito. If Tommy does well, start him in the next game. If Eric does well, then we have two quarterbacks with entirely different skills sets and the opponent has to prepare for both of them.

To be fair he had us down to the 9, and would’ve produced 3 points in normal circumstances there if it wasn’t late in the game down 7.

While I agree with your assessment, if you are going to analyze TD's possessions, the same must be done for ED's possessions. And in truth, you must address the bod of work the same way, for both. Decisions cannot be made on emotion, there must be substance (statistics, facts, tangible measurements, etc.) that support a decision.

Making a knee jerk (emotional) decision to replace the team leader for three years based on one bad afternoon is not a sound basis for a decision. It may be the right answer, but based on what we know, I would be reluctant to make a change, mainly because I know we do not know very much, just what we see in the game.

Just my take. Trying to tap the brakes a little.

Ive seen Unc play. They have ACC talent, some really good players, but are in such a bad spot this year due to injuries/coaching/suspensions that this game should not have been their’s to win if not for some timely dropped passes.

For it me, it comes down to confidence in being able to make the throws. With Eric's shoulder injury, I don't think he has the confidence that he can make the throws the defense gives him. That results in slower reads and more check down runs,

Eric has been running in situations where he didn't need to because he is trying to make plays with out all his tools.

Give Tommy a shot to start and have Eric there as a change-up option, especially if we want to run clock.

I started a thread, I think the matter is more in his head. His arm was never elite like TD's arm. ED played well in the 1st half, but took a hit near the end of the half and aside from the first drive of the 2nd half, he played poor.

While I agree with your assessment, if you are going to analyze TD's possessions, the same must be done for ED's possessions. And in truth, you must address the bod of work the same way, for both. Decisions cannot be made on emotion, there must be substance (statistics, facts, tangible measurements, etc.) that support a decision.

Making a knee jerk (emotional) decision to replace the team leader for three years based on one bad afternoon is not a sound basis for a decision. It may be the right answer, but based on what we know, I would be reluctant to make a change, mainly because I know we do not know very much, just what we see in the game.

Moving the ball to the 9, completing a beautiful on the money bomb is not the same as punting 6 times in a row, or whatever it was though...even if zero points were produced.

If we were moving the ball and just getting unlucky all second half, I’d feel different. We were pretty much dead in the water for a long, long time. We did the same thing against Pitt.

I’m not opposed to using both at this point. We can’t have 6 punts(I think that’s what it was) in a row, and expect to beat too many teams.

UNC found a way to lose at cal and VT beat pitt and probably should have beat us, probably should be 4-2.

The emotional reaction would be starting a player just because he's a senior when he's visably struggled while the frosh just had a comeback victory and looked better.

UNC found a way to lose at cal and VT beat pitt and probably should have beat us, probably should be 4-2.

We probably should be 6-0 but we found a way to lose to clemson and pitt.

Unc’s got great talent. Other things have completely derailed them.

By my count, Dungey has been the QB for 88 1/2 possessions during which we've scored 235 points, 2.66 points per possession. DeVito has now been the QB for 24.5 possessions during which we've scored 53 points, or 2.21 per possession. (They shared a possession vs. Florida State during which Eric gained 16 yards, then got hurt. Tommy came in and gained 16 more and we kicked a field goal. i added the field goal to Tommy's total.)

Start Dungey but if he again struggles got to DeVito. If Tommy does well, start him in the next game. If Eric does well, then we have two quarterbacks with entirely different skills sets and the opponent has to prepare for both of them.

This includes Tommy's first ever game.

Arm strength doesn’t make a superior QB. He’s less of a runner and less experienced. He was bated into a terrible INT that should’ve been ball game and would’ve been against a better team.

Eric’s accuracy was not great today, but he was two drops and a bad adjustment from Custis from going over 3 bills.

World of potential, and very well could be but is not currently superior at all.

Totally disagree.

The one that would’ve made us 4-3 if he finished? This is about Wins, no excuses.

Yeah weird that a QB struggled in his fist ever game. What's Dungey's excuse?