I know the NBA isn't for everyone | Syracusefan.com

I know the NBA isn't for everyone

Eric15

Living Legend
"They don't play defense." "There are too many games." "The players don't try hard enough." etc. etc.

If you can't find entertainment out of tonight's Game 7 between GS and OKC, where the level of play is going to be insanely high and intense, and is a one-and-done "NCAA tourney" feel... then I just don't think this sport is for you.

This is as good as basketball gets on the planet Earth, and I say this as someone who watches 50x more college than pro.

"They don't play defense." "There are too many games." "The players don't try hard enough." etc. etc.

If you can't find entertainment out of tonight's Game 7 between GS and OKC, where the level of play is going to be insanely high and intense, and is a one-and-done "NCAA tourney" feel... then I just don't think this sport is for you.

This is as good as basketball gets on the planet Earth, and I say this as someone who watches 50x more college than pro.

Game 6 was great. Hopefully tonight is too.

The finals should be great either way. This series and the finals should salvage what was otherwise a fairly weak playoffs. Too many blowout games, and too few real contenders this year. But none of that matters now, because the teams that are left are all great teams.

The finals should be great either way. This series and the finals should salvage what was otherwise a fairly weak playoffs. Too many blowout games, and too few real contenders this year. But none of that matters now, because the teams that are left are all great teams.

Go Western Conference.

Expect a GSW blow out. OKC had their chance and choked.

There was to few contenders because the top(GS,SA,OKC,Cle) is head and shoulders better then the rest.

That and injuries destroyed LAC and Heat chances. Hell the Grizzlies were ravaged with injuries too.

They absolutely choked but it also took a record setting game from Klay to do so. I think Durant and Westbrook will be pushing it. A lot depends on how good GSW defense is tonight. Spread opened at 8.5 and now down to 7. We'll see who the better coach is tonight.

There was to few contenders because the top(GS,SA,OKC,Cle) is head and shoulders better then the rest.

That and injuries destroyed LAC and Heat chances. Hell the Grizzlies were ravaged with injuries too.

Exactly. Very top heavy this year, even moreso than usual. In the recent past, you'd have 50 win teams missing the playoffs in the West. And you'd have more teams that while maybe nobody thought they were winning it all(Memphis, Portland, Houston, Dallas, etc.) they were good enough to make it a good series against the top contenders and occasionally knock someone off and go deeper than expected. This made for a more competitive playoffs overall. All 4 of those teams were down this year. Dallas and Memphis's lineups were completely decimated for the playoffs.

And last year in the East you at least had Chicago that was loaded with talent and could push Cleveland to the limit, and Atlanta was much better last year. I give credit to Toronto for going as far as they did this year, but they really weren't all that good.

Totally agree. After being dominated in a couple of games, the warriors have their confidence back.

Will kd/russ resort to the hero ball that lost the end of game 6 or rely on that great team basketball that gave them a series lead. It's the biggest game in their franchise history. Game seven between the two arguably most explosive teams in the world.

And Dion Waiters has been stellar, especially on the defensive end. What's not to like? Just hope the game is called consistently.

Also seems like this year home court advantage is huge. Lots of lopsided wins. Always thought that was more of a college thing but I never paid attention to it before.

I'm not so sure. It was one year the Celtics came back from a 3-1 deficit against Phillyand won in game seven. Next year they were down 3Games to one and tied It three games to three. Game seven was at home, and Philly blew them away. It's tough to win three in a row, even if you're playing at home

I'm not so sure. It was one year the Celtics came back from a 3-1 deficit against Phillyand won in game seven. Next year they were down 3Games to one and tied It three games to three. Game seven was at home, and Philly blew them away. It's tough to win three in a row, even if you're playing at home

I think the Thunder are shot mentally after that loss, I think it will be close for a bit, and Gs puts their foot on the throat.

If the refs let them play OKC has a real shot. If the whistle is tight GS wins by 10

Also seems like this year home court advantage is huge. Lots of lopsided wins. Always thought that was more of a college thing but I never paid attention to it before.
NBA arenas are getting more of a college feel. Even the Hawks, who have maybe the weakest fan base in the league, have hype teams all over the stadium along with a couple hundred people in their 20's an 30's that go crazy all game in a reserved section.

MSG, Staples, Boston, Chicago are always going to be standard bearer epic places to play but teams like OKC, Toronto, Memphis and GS play in houses of horror for opposing teams with fans who are absoutely incredible at making noise.

NBA arenas are getting more of a college feel. Even the Hawks, who have maybe the weakest fan base in the league, have hype teams all over the stadium along with a couple hundred people in their 20's an 30's that go crazy all game in a reserved section.

MSG, Staples, Boston, Chicago are always going to be standard bearer epic places to play but teams like OKC, Toronto, Memphis and GS play in houses of horror for opposing teams with fans who are absoutely incredible at making noise.
Yeah, most of my NBA live experience has been with the Jazz, and while I think being in the Dome is a moving thing to behold, the NBA atmosphere is a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom