I like our first two rounds | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I like our first two rounds

Do they have a guy that can go off in your opinion? Someone who could drop 30-35 and hit 7 or 8 3s? I know Ward is out for the year, but is the Big Sky POY a guy who can single handily keep them in it?
If Trevor Cooney played for Montana he would have been Big Sky POY.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Based on the seed list which has us as the weakest #4 one has to wonder how low our seed would have been without the BET run.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
seems the last few years the committee has made it clear that OOC is huge and conference tourneys matter very little, so maybe not much lower

did we get the weakest 13 seed and the weakest 5 seed?

the more i look at our draw the more i like it. if nc state wins their 1st round game indiana will probably have a tougher 2nd round game than us. id take unlv over nc state any day.
I hope so. I feel like we're the highest 4 seed.

Montana is a terrible rebounding team, does shoot the 3 well (without a volume shooter) and really knocks down their FT's. They seem to have a number of guys that can knock down the 3, though, so we can't really key on one dude.

Was surprised to see Marquette as a 3 seed on other side of bracket.

Yeah, if SU plays like they did vs. Gtown, then they can get to FF. IU is beatable, Miami is a bit scary, but nothing SU can't take care of.

S-curve had us as the last 4 seed actually.
Hmm, surprised K St was ahead of us. Probably SLU too. But I'm more shocked that Marquette is a 3...

I like our draw as well but definitely don't wanna sleep on anyone. We don't know which SU team is going to show up.

Based on the seed list which has us as the weakest #4 one has to wonder how low our seed would have been without the BET run.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

probably a 5 or 6

I like our draw as well but definitely don't wanna sleep on anyone. We don't know which SU team is going to show up.
this

still cautiously optimistic

Marquette got a WAY tougher first round game than us. Davidson as a 14 is WAY tougher than Montana as a 13.

[x] weak 5 in UNLV
[x] weak 2/3 in Miami/Marquette (obv. you have to make the E8 for this to matter but it doesn't hurt).
[x] geography - D.C.'s the best of the 4 by far.

I do think Indiana will be a bear. Flip them for Kansas and this draw is an A+. Overall can't complain though.

Montana is a 14 or 15 seed disguised as a 13 seed. Even their board is surprised they are a 13. RPI for them is 74 and they lost their leading scorer Ward last week for the season. We would have to mail it in for us to lose this game.

Looking at the 5 seeds we also lucked out. Could have drawn Wisconsin, VCU or Oklahoma State. I will take UNLV in a heartbeat. Tough game but its not as bad as it could be.

I am not even worried about Indiana right now and will be thrilled to play them in a possible regional.

I watched some highlights of Montana and UNLV, and concur. You are spot in.

Montana's guard Kareem something or other, reminds me of a slower, better shooting Triche.

UNLV "looks" athletic, but we should run all over them.

I'm curious if JB is going to look ahead and do anything to prepare our bigs, i.e. Coleman, for a possible matchup against Indiana.

Montana's guard Kareem something or other, reminds me of a slower, better shooting Triche.

I'm curious if JB is going to look ahead and do anything to prepare our bigs, i.e. Coleman, for a possible matchup against Indiana.
Would love to trounce on Montana early and get DC some minutes.

Coleman will never see the floor this year other than in an emergency.

Couldn't be any better this week. I'm not nearly as confident with IU as others here. Zeller could have 20-20

What he said. The problem with IU is that they have a serious big plus some guys that can drill it from deep. And that Oladipo is a handful. Let's win two and then we'll worry about IU. The 2/3 seed combo in the East is not that strong so if we ever did get by IU we might be in business. Marquette as a 3 is one of the strangest seeds I have ever seen.

What he said. The problem with IU is that they have a serious big plus some guys that can drill it from deep. And that Oladipo is a handful. Let's win two and then we'll worry about IU. The 2/3 seed combo in the East is not that strong so if we ever did get by IU we might be in business. Marquette as a 3 is one of the strangest seeds I have ever seen.

I told Marsh this earlier, I'm nervous of IU's offensive rebounding against our weak defensive rebounding. They really get after it. They also have multiple shooters. Would greatly prefer to have them on the second game of a weekend, with them having less time to prepare for the zone. Oh well, have to play the guys in front of you. Got to get past Montana first; then worry about Cal / UNLV before wasting time concerned over Indiana.

I told Marsh this earlier, I'm nervous of IU's offensive rebounding against our weak defensive rebounding. They really get after it. They also have multiple shooters. Would greatly prefer to have them on the second game of a weekend, with them having less time to prepare for the zone. Oh well, have to play the guys in front of you. Got to get past Montana first; then worry about Cal / UNLV before wasting time concerned over Indiana.
exactly, hopefully our players are not thinking about IU

Coleman will never see the floor this year other than in an emergency.

You're probably right but I could see the potential for an emergency if we play IU. Our bigs could get in foul trouble in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom