I like our first two rounds | Syracusefan.com

I like our first two rounds

Marsh01

Living Legend
Montana is a 14 or 15 seed disguised as a 13 seed. Even their board is surprised they are a 13. RPI for them is 74 and they lost their leading scorer Ward last week for the season. We would have to mail it in for us to lose this game.

Looking at the 5 seeds we also lucked out. Could have drawn Wisconsin, VCU or Oklahoma State. I will take UNLV in a heartbeat. Tough game but its not as bad as it could be.

I am not even worried about Indiana right now and will be thrilled to play them in a possible regional.

Montana is a 14 or 15 seed disguised as a 13 seed. Even their board is surprised they are a 13. RPI for them is 74 and they lost their leading scorer Ward last week for the season. We would have to mail it in for us to lose this game.

Looking at the 5 seeds we also lucked out. Could have drawn Wisconsin, VCU or Oklahoma State. I will take UNLV in a heartbeat. Tough game but its not as bad as it could be.

I am not even worried about Indiana right now and will be thrilled to play them in a possible regional.
Good points. Would have hoped we would have been a bit more geographically protected with the possibility of playing Cal in San Jose or even UNLV. I would agree UNLV is the weakest (at least matchup wise) of the 5s.

You got it. Montana will be a rout. Cant take the second game for granted but I don't have enough confidence to pencil in UNLV beating Cal so that should be a good thing.

Sweet 16 game in DC against IU...sounds good to me. Perfect time to play them. Glad I bought my tickets for DC last week thats gonna be a freakin expensive one! I want good ones though that upper level blows at that arena so if anyone wants to trade for worse tickets and cash let me know if your downstairs.

Then an easier game to get to Atlanta.

did we get the weakest 13 seed and the weakest 5 seed?

the more i look at our draw the more i like it. if nc state wins their 1st round game indiana will probably have a tougher 2nd round game than us. id take unlv over nc state any day.

did we get the weakest 13 seed and the weakest 5 seed?

the more i look at our draw the more i like it. if nc state wins their 1st round game indiana will probably have a tougher 2nd round game than us. id take unlv over nc state any day.
Lunardi had Montana at a 15 seed. I had them as a 14 seed.

This is the best possible matchup we could have hoped for being a 4 seed.

Montana or Davidson?

No brainer

+1 I agree with everything you said plus Temple/NC State is a TOUGH 2nd game for Indiana. Only shocker was Marquette as a 3 they beat nobody on the road outside of Pitt, and we beat Louisville @Louisville and they had the same amount of BE wins factoring in the BET and we played a WAY TOUGHER Big East schedule.

Love our first two rounds. Can definitely make the argument we got the easiest 13 and 5 from what im reading. Indiana has a tough second round game in NC State and if we get them in DC its going to be a packed house with alot of orange. Most people would say GTown has looked better than Indiana lately and we just beat GTown, no reason we cant beat Indiana. If we beat Indiana were not losing the Elite 8 game.

Couldn't be any better this week. I'm not nearly as confident with IU as others here. Zeller could have 20-20

UNLV must be pissed. Committee broke a core bracket rule as two teams already played, and essentially forced a road rematc.

Maybe NC St/Temple could knock off Indiana in round of 32?

NC St at 8 is fair, but for a 1, its a lot of talent to meet in round of 32.

Maybe NC St/Temple could knock off Indiana in round of 32?

NC St at 8 is fair, but for a 1, its a lot of talent to meet in round of 32.

If they play with the same intensity they did last year then they can.

Seth Davis picks Montana in an upset. Gottleib says they have a really good backcourt - TOOLS!

We definitely got the weakest 13. Probably the weakest 5 as well.

I gotta say, after the second half last night, when VCU's name came up as a 5 seed I was terrified that we'd draw them as the 4.

Nice post Marsh, I didn't even think about the other 5 seeds till you laid it out. Montana should be an easy one. UNLV isn't nearly as scary as VCU, OK State or the Badgers.

temple will beat nc st- nc st has their big guy banged up- temple could give iu fits too with their style.. starting to love this draw but taking one game at a time.. im starting to think also unc asheville last year was a lot better than montana this year..

We, my fellow Syracuse fans, are going to enjoy this tournament! I think that we have recently seen evidence that this team does possess the ability to make a deep run and silence the naysayers. If they play well and MCW and Brandon keep their emotions in check, we can beat anyone including Louisville.

We definitely got the weakest 13. Probably the weakest 5 as well.

I gotta say, after the second half last night, when VCU's name came up as a 5 seed I was terrified that we'd draw them as the 4.
Agreed I thought we were getting the Michigan slot in the South, but I will trade VCU in the 2nd round for Indiana in the Sweet 16. If we get to Washington D.C. this team will have met expectations and be free to give the Hooisers a tough game. I don't think any B1G teams play zone so it would be an interesting matchup.

According to the officially released a curve, Montana was the second best 14 seed bumped to a 13 during bracketing.

According to the officially released a curve, Montana was the second best 14 seed bumped to a 13 during bracketing.

Good for us because this is a 15 seed.

Do they have a guy that can go off in your opinion? Someone who could drop 30-35 and hit 7 or 8 3s? I know Ward is out for the year, but is the Big Sky POY a guy who can single handily keep them in it?

Completely agree, having seen them play this season.

Every single team [outside of uconn 2011] eventually has to play somebody really tough to advance to the final four. This is a pretty favorable draw, despite having Indiana as the #1 seed. I wouldn't remotely be surprised to see Marquette get dumped as early as they did last year. And as for Indiana, I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Where did u find the official S curve.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom