I like our first two rounds | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I like our first two rounds

UNLV must be pissed. Committee broke a core bracket rule as two teams already played, and essentially forced a road rematc.

Balancing out the bracket in terms of location. They have to let some of these teams from the West play local arenas too.

seems the last few years the committee has made it clear that OOC is huge and conference tourneys matter very little, so maybe not much lower

Disagree. The committee is full of and pulls out the "strong finish" card to justify some moves and then pulls out the "out of conference" card to justify other decisions. That is what has been so infuriating about them. They have separate standards for every single decision.

You're probably right but I could see the potential for an emergency if we play IU. Our bigs could get in foul trouble in a hurry.

I agree.

I don't believe JB will go out of his way to play Coleman.

Expanding the rotation is not his style.

However, if there is an opp against Montana, he probably should. IU will be very tough on Keita , Rak, and Grant.

And if we were blessed enough to face Miami, they would of course be gassed. Getting way too far ahead of myself.

The theoretical third round is quite favorable also - Indiana in DC. Not exactly Hoosier country.

According to the officially released a curve, Montana was the second best 14 seed bumped to a 13 during bracketing.

Remember that with play-ins there are an extra two teams in first 13 seeds. So they were a 13 on the S-Curve.

The theoretical third round is quite favorable also - Indiana in DC. Not exactly Hoosier country.

i assume indiana travels well but there will definitely be more orange than red.

Montana is a terrible rebounding team, does shoot the 3 well (without a volume shooter) and really knocks down their FT's. They seem to have a number of guys that can knock down the 3, though, so we can't really key on one dude.
We'll just extend the zone and make them take deep 3's or beat us inside. If teams can't rebound against us then we're set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom