I Like the New Kiddie Corp Coaching Staff | Syracusefan.com

I Like the New Kiddie Corp Coaching Staff

There's nothing better for recruiting IMO. Can relate so much more with the kids than the older guys, no offense.

Practices should be amazing to watch.

There's nothing better for recruiting IMO. Can relate so much more with the kids than the older guys, no offense.

Practices should be amazing to watch.

Hey, now!!

Is John O'Korn next? That would certainly calm down this board.

I don't think this staff would offer a kid like that so late in the game if they didn't think they had a REALLY good chance at snagging him.

Judging by the look of Adkins, I bet he's frequently hungry as well.

Jim Boeheim became head coach at SU at 31 years of age in 1976. So we actually have an excellent history with the young coaches we have had. :)

Question: How many of these guys are married? Because if some aren't, holy , that's a lot of time to devote to the job/recruiting.

All of these guys are excellent recruiters. That bodes well for the furture of the program. My only worry offensively is if they can gameplan at an ACC level.

I reserve the right to judge how good of recruiters they are after I see their wives.

I reserve the right to judge how good of recruiters they are after I see their wives.

That tell you nothing except how good the wives are at recruiting.

McDonald is 36, Lea is 31 and Lester is 35. If nothing else, these guys should be energetic and hungry.

Second stage of the buildout.

1) Make the program credible and competitive again. Focus on coaching the hell of the guys you can get and out scheme and game plan opponents to beat teams that have more talent. Lean coaching over recruiting in staff selection. Find diamonds, under recruited kids, juco's, and coaching them up big time. See Ryan Nassib, 2012 OL.

2) Stage two, go get the groceries. Sign some recruiters and upgrade the overall talent on the roster. Build in some margin.

You guys go over board with this recruiting end all. Yes you have to be able to recruit, but you sure better be able to coach and teach your ass off.

See rutgirls who always brought in recruiters. See Pitt who always recruited well and then had rutgirls take a couple of their stud recruiters, only to remain a miserable team.

Hell, see Mike Locksley.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

James Franklin is still a POS for his comments.

Second stage of the buildout.

1) Make the program credible and competitive again. Focus on coaching the hell of the guys you can get and out scheme and game plan opponents to beat teams that have more talent. Lean coaching over recruiting in staff selection. Find diamonds, under recruited kids, juco's, and coaching them up big time. See Ryan Nassib, 2012 OL.

2) Stage two, go get the groceries. Sign some recruiters and upgrade the overall talent on the roster. Build in some margin.

So what page of the binder was ditching team after year four, gutting the staff on the O side after saying you wouldnt and having the replacement coach hire a young staff supposedly high on recruiting but low on experience?

I get it that it looks like Shafer is pulling us out of murky waters but to claim its all part of the master plan seems a little nutty but that's just me. Please like the post if you agree with me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom