I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless

I think this game will be hard pressed to surpass the 40,232 in attendance for the Cortaca game last November.
Yes, I think it could be much worse than that.

It is difficult to imagine this game being a big money-maker for Yankee Stadium, especially if they paid Syracuse such a gigantic sum of money.

I don't mind this game being moved in isolation. The bigger issue IMO was the Pinstripe Bowl. Knowing that this game was coming, we should have pushed for another Bowl game last year. This will be our 5th game in the last 14 years, 3rd game in the last 6 years, and 2nd game in the last 11 months. Overexposure to a bad FB experience.

Honestly, if this is big deal I would think they have gotten a ton of complaints and would be reaching out with a survey.

I still think the large majority dont care, and equal amounts are pissed as are ok with it..
My response at the time was simply ignored for what it's worth.

You can't walk 15 short NYC blocks (3/4 of a mile)? The weather was gorgeous that day.

No.

The subway train dying was just the capper for crap SU weekend. The night before our hoops team got smoked by UCONN and the coach who must not be named in msg early season tournament..

The only good thing that happened that weekend in the city was our steak dinner at Uncle Jack's.

Here’s what I’m seeing. Downstaters and people going to the Bronx for the game have convinced themselves that this isn’t a big deal.

In reality, if the main objective is to win the game, this is a dreadful decision that is frankly being under reacted to at this point. Just a horrible horrible call by management

But if you’re going, I can understand the excitement.
HungryChuck is the exception. If our Tristate Alumni would actually show some support and go we could get 30K Cuse fans there.

I might be wrong but I suspect about 18-20K total in the stadium including Pitt fans. I expect Pitt will treat this like a gift home game for their tristate and Eastern PA alumni. I don't expect many W PA Pitt fans making the drive as the Stillers play at home on Sunday.

Last edited:
I don't mind this game being moved in isolation. The bigger issue IMO was the Pinstripe Bowl. Knowing that this game was coming, we should have pushed for another Bowl game last year. This will be our 5th game in the last 14 years, 3rd game in the last 6 years, and 2nd game in the last 11 months. Overexposure to a bad FB experience.
Great point Sal...I would have gladly taken the Military Bowl last season.

When you have the opportunity to play in a historic, tradition rich fourteen year old stadium home to a modestly successful baseball team you have to take it.

HungryChuck is the exception. If our Tristate Alumni would actually show some support and go we could get 30K Cuse fans there.

I might be wrong but I suspect about 18-20K total in the stadium including Pitt fans. I expect Pitt will treat this like a gift home game for their tristate and Eastern PA alumni. I don't expect many W PA Pitt fans making the drive as the Stillers play at home on Sunday.
Read what Scooch wrote above. If you live in Manhattan, it's an easy subway ride to the Stadium. If you live in a suburb, it's a miserable two-hour gridlocked drive each way and a terrible parking situation. It sometimes takes an hour to get a car out of one of the garages there.

Read what Scooch wrote above. If you live in Manhattan, it's an easy subway ride to the Stadium. If you live in a suburb, it's a miserable two-hour gridlocked drive each way and a terrible parking situation. It sometimes takes an hour to get a car out of one of the garages there.

For Baseball the Metro North trains do stop at the Stadium, but I don't think they do for Soccer. SU should contact the Yankees and try to get Metro North to stop for this game if possible. That would help a lot for the Westchester and Connecticut folks. Direct trains are better than going down to 125th, transfering and then riding back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom