I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless

It's weird to me that the Yankees have an employee whose job is to attract college football games there.

(at least I'm pretty sure I read that).

Recently promoted from assistant to the traveling secretary:

th

Could start by holding your program coaches accountable for maintaining a competitive product vs those rotating chairs.

Rutgers
Pitt
Uconn
SJU
Colgate

Etc etc

Losses against all of them in the past few years, some across multiple sports. We’re becoming an after thought for the after thought group in CBB and we’re not keeping up with peers in football aside from BC.

Dino needs to beat Pitt and Rutgers who currently arguably out-recruit us in the NE.

Jim can’t be dropping games to colgate, rutgers, sju, bryant etc.

Accountability and competitiveness
Firing coaches is of course the easy answer.

I don't think it's the answer for what is happening right now at Syracuse University.

I guess the counter to this counter is: what DO you want John Wildhack to do with the Athletic Dept in spite of these existential challenges.

The school is at a challenge being northeast full stop. There's two programs that matter up here: Penn St and ND. The rest are rotating chairs. To me its hard to compete with that, moreso now with the Big 10 being multiples ahead revenue wise going into the next decade.

Hoops will be fixed shortly once Boeheim retires. Fixed as in there will be a path forward to the future. Nothing against Jim but once you have a coach in his 80s essentially, it's an actuarial table of issues.

I think JW has done a nice job all things considered and the fact that he didn't hire either hoops or football coaches being on the job for this long now. I doubt there are many other ADs in his position without that choice being made.

For football the biggest gripe I have is always being late to finalizing the schedule which leaves us chasing for games. It would be nice to be ahead of the game.

I also would like playing a variety of Northeast teams OOC. Can't just be UConn. We have Army which is good. We should add Temple and maybe UMass. Navy is a pipe dream. For our P5 we had Rutgers and Maryland recently, and have the Penn State games upcoming. Would be nice to get West Virginia too.

My ideals...

FCS: Colgate (5th most played), Holy Cross (9th), Fordham (3rd most non Ivy FCS) rotated over 3 years

G5: Temple (8th), Army (15th), UConn (22nd), UMass (never played) rotated over 8 years

G5 MACs

P5: Penn State (2nd), WV (3rd), Rutgers (6th), Maryland (7th), Notre Dame (30th) rotated over 12 years

That means after those 12 years from our Top 25 teams all time played we get everyone but 3 Ivies (who we can't play), Boston U (who doesn't have football anymore), Navy (10th who has no room OOC), and Cincy (21st now but 25th by then). Or to put it another way 19 of out Top 25.

Could start by holding your program coaches accountable for maintaining a competitive product vs those rotating chairs.

Rutgers
Pitt
Uconn
SJU
Colgate

Etc etc

Losses against all of them in the past few years, some across multiple sports. We’re becoming an after thought for the after thought group in CBB and we’re not keeping up with peers in football aside from BC.

Dino needs to beat Pitt and Rutgers who currently arguably out-recruit us in the NE.

Jim can’t be dropping games to colgate, rutgers, sju, bryant etc.

Accountability and competitiveness
Acountability = firing, right?

I don't see where it made sense to fire Dino and JB is a mafia boss who knows where the bodies are buried. He's had the university by the b____ for 20 years maybe more.

If Dino bombs this year, he'll be gone IMO. JB will retire soon-ish.

Outside of that - seems like the college athletic current is strong and we don't have a lot of moves.

I just looked at season tickets on the 50 at unc and it was $1200 a ticket.

I saw the individual games on their website for what I listed. Are you looking at the club seats or zone 1?

Unfortunately, you Tier As have to subsidize us ditch diggers in the end zones.

Sorry.

And thank you.
everyone clamors for all 22 angles at home and avoids the in person low rent district where you can see everything

I saw the individual games on their website for what I listed. Are you looking at the club seats or zone 1?
section 105 about 30 rows up is what i saw. thats like the 40 i think

They just need to schedule for success. I don't care about anything else.

That’s the one thing they aren’t doing. 6 home games year after year is a disadvantage. Moving home games is a disadvantage. I know the ACC isn’t doing us any favors with the schedules but in 2025 we are playing Tennessee on a neutral field and @ND, @Clem and @FSU. Nuts. In consecutive years we’ll be playing non cons vs Tennessee, ND, ND, PSU. All on the road. When do we play Georgia?

That’s the one thing they aren’t doing. 6 home games year after year is a disadvantage. Moving home games is a disadvantage. I know the ACC isn’t doing us any favors with the schedules but in 2025 we are playing Tennessee on a neutral field and @ND, Clemson and @FSU. Nuts. In consecutive years we’ll be playing non cons vs Tennessee, ND, ND, PSU. All on the road. When do we play Georgia?
Yup. That’s precisely my issue. we’re already at a disadvantage. Why make it harder on us? If we desperately need the money, we’re going to end up losing even more if we’re never going to bowl games. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Normally wildhack is responsive to emails but he’s been silent on this topic. So has the rest of the admin.

That seems right to me.

My experience is that our ticket prices are ridiculously low.
I pay what comes to 22.00 dollars per game for very good seats. I can see everything , and the Dome is just a great place to watch football, the best I’ve been to. ( I am talking about actual view from seats , not pregame or tailgating ……). I laugh when I read the posts here complaining about the schedule and what seats cost and beer is too expensive and on and on. Crap , you have to pay triple or more times that to play a round of golf on a decent course on a weekend. It’s crazy what a great deal it is. ( except maybe 2005-2008).

my seasons costs less than a rd at turning stone. So I think its great value.

But then people complain about a $15 movie as they buy $5-7 lattes and $12 big mac meals so what do i know

The cost of fast food is out of control.

I say that as a dad whose 8th grade son hits up Roy Rogers as an after school hangout with his buddies. My problems with this lie deeper than the cost (Roy Rogers, that’s gong to attract the girls?!?!?!), but still, the cost…

I appreciate that, I am not talking about one game. I have no real issue moving the Pitt game assuming its a for a big pay day. However, if SU doesn't have another 7 game home schedule until 2028 (after moving said game and not getting Uconn at home) that's a major issue and one that is unacceptable. Schedule needs to be modified in another year or 2 to get 7 home games in a different year. A P5 D1 program can't go 6 years without 7 home games.
I would have no issue if the pitt game was a 1 off to get pitt and bc home on different years too, but evidence suggests its not so its strictly for the money

Moving the Pitt game is pathetic. Right after we played a bowl game there so nobody really wants to go back. Pitt will have more fans than us because they didn't just play there a few months ago.

Moving the Pitt game is pathetic. Right after we played a bowl game there so nobody really wants to go back. Pitt will have more fans than us because they didn't just play there a few months ago.
Don’t count on that.

So a bunch of Syracuse fans in CNY will go to seven games before fans in NYC and around will go to one game? Checks out

I pay what comes to 22.00 dollars per game for very good seats. I can see everything , and the Dome is just a great place to watch football, the best I’ve been to. ( I am talking about actual view from seats , not pregame or tailgating ……). I laugh when I read the posts here complaining about the schedule and what seats cost and beer is too expensive and on and on. Crap , you have to pay triple or more times that to play a round of golf on a decent course on a weekend. It’s crazy what a great deal it is. ( except maybe 2005-2008).
It’s dirt freaking cheap to go to Syracuse football game and to own season tickets, people stating otherwise are just complaining for the sake of it

It’s dirt freaking cheap to go to Syracuse football game and to own season tickets, people stating otherwise are just complaining for the sake of it
While, I agree with you in that manner, there is some merit to the complaints. While, I have not had the exposure of some, I have also seen the more than 50% empty southern stadiums in games and considerably cheep tickets for visitors attending games. Meanwhile every game at SU is more than a season ticket holder 'cheap' price for cost value on it in any game for everyone else in comparison.

I can tell you as a VT Alumni, and also as a former SU student, the VT ticket price is double the prices for a basic seat for SU. I imagine I can get a discount, but some of this is observation and perception in much of this debate too vs just looking on pricing.

Aaron

The cost of fast food is out of control.

I say that as a dad whose 8th grade son hits up Roy Rogers as an after school hangout with his buddies. My problems with this lie deeper than the cost (Roy Rogers, that’s gong to attract the girls?!?!?!), but still, the cost…
I’ll say YES there are certainly some menu items that remain quite cheap, but fast food is definitely not as cheap as the “we eat this because it’s more affordable” days. Just admit it- you like the “fastness” * and the saturated fats and fried goodness…cost is not the driver.

*Anything better than seeing like 12 cars in the drive through lane though? Just walk inside.

That said, I do enjoy some Arby’s. And I got Burger King for the first time in like 10 years a few months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom