I loathe espn but | Syracusefan.com

I loathe espn but

It's truly an EPIC matchup:

• The single largest on-campus crowd in NCAA history.
  • The first meeting of two coaches with 900+ wins each.
  • The two winningest coaches of all time.
As well as quite possibly the two best freshman in the country

Plus don't look now, but Duke has been getting better lately. We just need to not blow it against WTFU so we can still be undefeated. Duke will be like a cornered animal on Saturday since they are definitely not beating Pitt in a game played at their little hole. Although, I will be unabashedly rooting for Duke on Monday.

Plus don't look now, but Duke has been getting better lately. We just need to not blow it against WTFU so we can still be undefeated. Duke will be like a cornered animal on Saturday since they are definitely not beating Pitt in a game played at their little hole. Although, I will be unabashedly rooting for Duke on Monday.
Duke has finally learned defense. Gonna be good games no doubt against Pitt, and Cuse

Why do you loathe ESPN? I think they present college basketball better than anybody could possibly hope for. Showing almost every single game of note and encouraging great matchups and preseason tourneys, and doing it without outrageous subscription packages (other than ESPNU).

I hate them for always ignoring the Buffalo Bills and for their dismissal of hockey, and for their exodus from highlight packages that tell the real story of the game, but they do college basketball well. IMO at least.

Were you in a coma during the bernie fine coverage?

Also, I have a ton of other issues, including their generally piss poor journalism when it comes to reporting news stories, you know those few stories they actually do their own reporting on. I loathe how they are constantly taking credit on their scroll and on SportsCenter for others' reportage.

Were you in a coma during the bernie fine coverage?

They're sports reporters. The NY Times just came out with a Bengazi report that the United States Senate completely refuted. Journalistic integrity has gone by the wayside, and sports reporters are the scrubs of the bunch (sorry newhouse). They handled it poorly, but on the heels of a JoePa scandal that rocked the nation. And wasn't it Yahoo leading the pack anyway?

ESPN is the provider of incredible college basketball in high definition nearly each night, at nearly free of charge. It's a truly wonderful service they provide - though each of us would probably prefer they do it in a marginally different way. I'm not complainin

Unfortunately, I will believe the NYT before I believe the senate.

They're sports reporters. The NY Times just came out with a Bengazi report that the United States Senate completely refuted. Journalistic integrity has gone by the wayside, and sports reporters are the scrubs of the bunch (sorry newhouse). They handled it poorly, but on the heels of a JoePa scandal that rocked the nation. And wasn't it Yahoo leading the pack anyway?

ESPN is the provider of incredible college basketball in high definition nearly each night, at nearly free of charge. It's a truly wonderful service they provide - though each of us would probably prefer they do it in a marginally different way. I'm not complainin

Duke has finally learned defense. Gonna be good games no doubt against Pitt, and Cuse

You mean that they've started fouling like crazy on the perimeter when they play defense. I was outraged at the non-calls during the Florida State game. They fouled the Seminoles 2 or 3 times on every possession, every time they hedged or doubled around picks. I hope JB gets in the ear of the ref before the game even starts. What the hell happened to those "new rule interpretationss" - i.e. actually calling fouls again?

Nearly free of charge? I always heard they were always the reason cable costs have increased so much.

You mean that they've started fouling like crazy on the perimeter when they play defense. I was outraged at the non-calls during the Florida State game. They fouled the Seminoles 2 or 3 times on every possession, every time they hedged or doubled around picks. I hope JB gets in the ear of the ref before the game even starts. What the hell happened to those "new rule interpretationss" - i.e. actually calling fouls again?
The refs bagged them. There were a bunch of articles on this the last couple weeks.

eh no. First, ESPN is far from free. They are not doing a public service. And they led the way in the Fine matter. It was a disgrace.

Their Fine coverage was a journalistic outrage.

I can't and won't listen to their talking heads and analysts..except Bilas. I check the web for scores when I'm not watching an ESPN game.

Love that they give us an opportunity to watch so much live sports.

Think they're getting too big for our own good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom