I love Dino but... | Syracusefan.com

I love Dino but...

Ish88888

All American
I am not a fan of not letting his assistants talk to the media. I enjoyed getting to know assistants, their personalities and vibe. Also, not being able to hear from players who have not played in a game. He is a control freak and mad scientist, but i believe the results will be there. Just miss getting to know people;)

Ish88888 said:
I am not a fan of not letting his assistants talk to the media. I enjoyed getting to know assistants, their personalities and vibe. Also, not being able to hear from players who have not played in a game. He is a control freak and mad scientist, but i believe the results will be there. Just miss getting to know people;)

I think the rule not allowing players who are freshman/transfers who haven't played yet to speak to the media is an NCAA rule.

It's nice hearing from assistants but I have no problem with it- especially after seeing McDonald go rogue. It's not just a Babers thing either. I'm pretty sure Saban doesn't let his assistants talk to the media and I'm sure there are others. It's best to have one message coming from the head man.

I think the rule not allowing players who are freshman/transfers who haven't played yet to speak to the media is an NCAA rule.

I don't think its an ncaa rule, we have had rookies being interviewed for 10 years. Was presented as a dino rule, just like not allowing his assistants to talk to the media .

It's nice hearing from assistants but I have no problem with it- especially after seeing McDonald go rogue. It's not just a Babers thing either. I'm pretty sure Saban doesn't let his assistants talk to the media and I'm sure there are others. It's best to have one message coming from the head man.

Saban does it, but he is a control freak and has the resume. I enjoy getting to know the assistants personally.

JYQ071z.png

I look at it like the rule most companies have for their employees where all media inquiries are to be referred to a certain manager or media relations person.

I don't recall many assistants being interviewed during the P era either.

sufandu said:
I look at it like the rule most companies have for their employees where all media inquiries are to be referred to a certain manager or media relations person.

I don't recall many assistants being interviewed during the P era either.

Eliminate distractions. Your only responsibility is to coach for coaches/your only responsibility is to learn for frosh. Ill take all the media and maintain a consistent message. Don't have a problem with it last staff everybody was talking too much it was obvious the disjoints in philosophy.

Babers has been a HC for 4 years. His teams played in the league championship game all 4 years, winning 3. He is one of only 3 coaches in OV league history to take a team from last to first. Oh yeah...and then there is all that stuff about being 4th in the country in total offense, and 1st in passing yards.

"Control Freak" or not, it kinda sounds like this mad scientist might know what he's doing...

who knows if this is permanent maybe its like the fort drum thing needing to make up for lost time and need all focus on that

they can be bad guys, and hate fans, if they win I wouldn't care but I get what your point.

He's running as much of a no distraction camp as he can.

In the past that would have driven me crazy.

At this point, just enjoy the rest of the summer, and let him get as much work done as he can. Once we're playing games, there will be more access.

Personally its refreshing one man, one voice, after what we've had since the 2001 season, its better not to have everyone talking. The team needs to focus on winning, and then they can open up to the press, and fans.

I don't mind the gag order. The buck starts and stops with Dino, let him be the one to tell it his way. If he is going to fail, he's going to fail with his system, his methods, his words to the media, etc. I love the way this man shoulders it all.

I don't mind the gag order. The buck starts and stops with Dino, let him be the one to tell it his way. If he is going to fail, he's going to fail with his system, his methods, his words to the media, etc. I love the way this man shoulders it all.
I used to read your stuff with an imagined voice that was even keeled. With your current avatar everything has the sound of a screaming raging lunatic in my head.

I get his approach 100% . He knows he is playing catchup in the ACC. That said, i would like to get to know the assistants at some point. The personalities that the kids are playing for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom