I love the Clemson fans getting up in arms about Hunt's quotes | Syracusefan.com

I love the Clemson fans getting up in arms about Hunt's quotes

jekelish

Living Legend
What the hell would they expect him to say? That he doesn't think his team will win? Who on earth wants a quarterback who doesn't think his team is going to win? What message does that send to the rest of the team?

Yet Clemson fans over on their board are calling him things like (C)hUNT and crap like that. Classy, guys. He's a confident kid, which you want in your quarterback. He's also been put through the ringer in his life. I'll just leave this here for the Clemson fans we've had visit us who have been reasonable, decent guys (almost all of the ones who have ventured over here have been): http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/04/post_18.html

No, he's not Tajh Boyd. His teammates have his back, though, and he wants to win on Saturday and isn't shy about saying as much. What the hell is wrong with that? He's an easy kid to root for. So give it a rest saying he's "disrespecting" your team or talking smack. He is saying he thinks his team will win. God forbid, a player for an opposing team thinks his team can beat Clemson. The horror.

The Clemson fans that have come over here have been great. Honestly I can't remember a better opposing fan base on this board.

Clemson has a great program and they are legit BCS contenders. I respect their program and their team and hope to make it to the real Death Valley next season.

There are too many people in college football that think Greg Robinson is still coaching and that our team will just roll over at the greatness that is Clemson. This isn't 2008. And while I personally expect Syracuse to lose by 17, I won't be shocked at a win. And win or lose, our guys will play until the last whistle, they'll hit hard and they will fight.

And our program has every bit as rich and proud of a history and tradition that Clemson does and more. Certainly enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Clemson. And while southern college football fans might be passionate, they don't know the rich history of college football outside of their little world. I would love for those fans on their board to educate themselves on our history and show the Syracuse program the respect it deserves.

I will be in the Dome Saturday screaming my head off and I can't wait.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Clemson fans that have come over here have been great. Honestly I can't remember a better opposing fan base on this board.

Clemson has a great program and they are legit BCS contenders. I respect their program and their team and hope to make it to the real Death Valley next season.

There are too many people in college football that think Greg Robinson is still coaching and that our team will just roll over at the greatness that is Clemson. This isn't 2008. And while I personally expect Syracuse to lose by 17, I won't be shocked at a win. And win or lose, our guys will play until the last whistle, they'll hit hard and they will fight.

And our program has every bit as rich and proud of a history and tradition that Clemson does and more. Certainly enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with Clemson. And while southern college football fans might be passionate, they don't know the rich history of college football outside of their little world. I would love for those fans on their board to educate themselves on our history and show the Syracuse program the respect it deserves.

I agree with everything you say. I appreciate how cordial the fans who have come over here have been, even Palmer. I don't think he means to come off as overly cocky.

Syracuse's tradition is actually better. Clemson is very good right now but over the years they've gotten WAY more credit than deserved based on what they've actually done.

Syracuse's tradition is actually better. Clemson is very good right now but over the years they've gotten WAY more credit than deserved based on what they've actually done.
If we are talking wins and winning percentages, I wouldn't quite go that far. We have more wins (699 to 668) but they have a better percentage (.600 to .582). It's actually pretty even over the decades.

But how freaking sweet would it be to beat the #3 team in the nation for our 700th program victory?

(Numbers taken from Wikipedia, which appear to be current)

If we are talking wins and winning percentages, I wouldn't quite go that far. We have more wins (699 to 668) but they have a better percentage (.600 to .582). It's actually pretty even over the decades.

But how freaking sweet would it be to beat the #3 team in the nation for our 700th program victory?

We have a Heisman winner, and twice the amount of All Americans and College Football hall of famers though.

I really don't understand how fired up they are getting over on their board about our players thinking they can win. I think we all know that Clemson is a more talented team than Syracuse, that's pretty clear. I guess they expect that our guys should just say "Well I sure hope we can beat the spread."

Many of them also seem to think that the dome cannot be an intimidating venue. Not that any of them posting over there have seen a game here before, but they're 100% sure that with only 50,000 it should be an easy place to play.

Let's go out and kick their goddamn a$$es. A lot can happen in a football game and I like our chances if we can hang around with them

I really don't understand how fired up they are getting over on their board about our players thinking they can win. I think we all know that Clemson is a more talented team than Syracuse, that's pretty clear. I guess they expect that our guys should just say "Well I sure hope we can beat the spread."

Many of them also seem to think that the dome cannot be an intimidating venue. Not that any of them posting over there have seen a game here before, but they're 100% sure that with only 50,000 it should be an easy place to play.

Let's go out and kick their goddamn a$$es. A lot can happen in a football game and I like our chances if we can hang around with them
Yeah, they seem to be expecting our players to roll over at the mere sight of the great and powerful Clemson Tigers. How dare they actually entertain the notion they could pull off the upset.

Is that you Coach Mac?

A team whose quarterback had not thrown a touchdown pass hung with them. I know Clemson is good... really good, but a football game can be chaotic at times. A fumble here, a batted ball there, you never know what is going to happen. Our team is not as athletic as them, but we have decent depth and are physical. I also know beasley (who has been incredibly disruptive) is going against arguably our best player this week. He's one of the better tackles in the country and I know he can compete with him. I like that matchup for us in the run game as I think that Hickey excels there

I am more worried about Beasley against Foy but not really as I think if you run at a DE you can neutralize a speed DE.

Wow, that clemson board was syracuse.douche on steroids. Now I want to kick their arse, just to troll the hillbilly goobers!!

They really need to ask Frank Beamer about playing Syracuse in the dome when its full, and loud, his record is 1-6, and it took Vicks 50 yard scamper at the end of that game to get a win.

Not quite current enough :)

[quote="CuseOnly, post: 763102, member: 2804am more worried about Beasley against Foy but not really as I think if you run at a DE you can neutralize a speed DE.[/quote]

Penn State had a similar talent at DE that didnt do much against us. I'm more curious to see what thier DT's can do vs our interior line.

We have a Heisman winner, and twice the amount of All Americans and College Football hall of famers though.

Yep and they have nearly twice the bowl appearances and nearly double the amount of seasons finishing in the top 25 its a wash.

Yep and they have nearly twice the bowl appearances and nearly double the amount of seasons finishing in the top 25 its a wash.

They have all those bowl appearances but only three more wins. And they have fewer than half as many All-Americans. And zero NFL Hall of Fame members. A zero Hollywood movies featuring clemson football. They have a great program and history but I the historical impact of Clemson on football is not on the same level as Syracuse.

Yeah, but they hold an Orange Bowl single game record that we just can't compete with. Orange Bowl will probably have to switch to a hoops game before that record will be broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom