I miss Kristof | Syracusefan.com

I miss Kristof

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Anyone else watching 6OT as if it were live? Wish we had him on this team, could use his scrap for rebounding purposes this year.

Anyone else watching 6OT as if it were live? Wish we had him on this team, could use his scrap for rebounding purposes this year.
Yup. We might be 30-1 instead of 30-1:):)

It's funny. I turned this game on right after the Davidson game ended and the first player they mentioned was Ongenaet. My first reaction was that I had totally forgot he was on that team. A lot of Cuse teams could have used his grit.

My wife misses him too, but mainly because she thinks he looks just like me (except 6 inches taller and a lot more athletic and foreign).

My wife misses him too, but mainly because she thinks he looks just like me (except 6 inches taller and a lot more athletic and foreign).
fugly SOB. how the hell did they come back and tie this game? that is a small melt down.

Yup. We might be 30-1 instead of 30-1:):)

It's funny. I turned this game on right after the Davidson game ended and the first player they mentioned was Ongenaet. My first reaction was that I had totally forgot he was on that team. A lot of Cuse teams could have used his grit.

Somebody needs to post his heroic coast-to-coast dunk and mugging.

Wow, two HUGE free throws from AO with about 2 minutes to go. That's crazy. Lots of little miracles I forgot about in this game.

What if KO is the mole? Belgian right. Too many trips to Amsterdam?

Ok, that's probably a reach.

first clip of this video sonnnnnnsss

It's funny how much of that video is Donte posting up considering every post about him seemed to be that he wouldn't post up at all and just floated around the 3 point line.

It's funny how much of that video is Donte posting up considering every post about him seemed to be that he wouldn't post up at all and just floated around the 3 point line.
That Marquette game was the exception to the Donte Rule.

I was thinking about Kristof while at the game on Saturday. I sure do miss that kid; he will remain one of my favorite players for a lifetime.

That Marquette game was the exception to the Donte Rule.

Oh, I'm not arguing that he didn't float around outside most of the time, although I guess the way it's worded does sound that way. I just found it amusing that in the clip it looks like Donte spends all day in the post going to work inside and we had a whole year of posts saying he never did.

I was thinking that last night too. Also forgot how much I hated Price and his gay legkick. And their fans complained that Rautins was a flopper, ha, Adios.

Forget about this year - if Kristof had been on the 2010 team, we'd have been national champions without Arinze.

Would've loved to have had him here as a four-year guy. Hopefully he stays in touch with the Syracuse family.

Oh, I'm not arguing that he didn't float around outside most of the time, although I guess the way it's worded does sound that way. I just found it amusing that in the clip it looks like Donte spends all day in the post going to work inside and we had a whole year of posts saying he never did.

I remember being thrilled after that game, not so much because we'd beaten a good Marquette team, but because I was certain that Donte had turned the corner and was finally playing to his strengths. We'd make a run in New York, get back to the NCAAs, and have a good chance at becoming a top-ten team in 2009.

No such luck.

Same thing here!

One of my favorite Kristof moments was being at the 2008 Hardwood Club Dinner. Kristof was walking around checking out the silent auction items (right behind where I was sitting), and people kept going up to him and asking for pictures, autographs, etc. He kept being so thankful to the people asking him, it was astonishing. Never saw someone so thankful to be asked for autographs and pictures. Ever since then I rooted for that kid hard.

I remember being thrilled after that game, not so much because we'd beaten a good Marquette team, but because I was certain that Donte had turned the corner and was finally playing to his strengths. We'd make a run in New York, get back to the NCAAs, and have a good chance at becoming a top-ten team in 2009.

No such luck.

Well, we were a top 10 team in 2009 for a time...

I was reprimanded here for suggesting we could try to pick up a serviceable JUCO PG - someone with a decent handle who could play defense as an alternative - in the likely event that Dion does not come back next year. Perhaps this serves as a reminder to the skeptics that decent players can be found at JUCOs.

I was reprimanded here for suggesting we could try to pick up a serviceable JUCO PG - someone with a decent handle who could play defense as an alternative - in the likely event that Dion does not come back next year. Perhaps this serves as a reminder to the skeptics that decent players can be found at JUCOs.

The sane and realists often do get reprimanded on here.

The sane and realists often do get reprimanded on here.

Agreed. It's so much more important to be right than to be popular. When everyone thinks the same, no one is thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom