I really couldn't be any more disappointed | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I really couldn't be any more disappointed

Nervous and tense has nothing to do with being slow, weak, and unathletic.
I think it makes people play tight. Which, can make them less fluid and appear slower than they actually are. They are mostly frosh and sophs, so they aren't really muscled up yet.

I think it makes people play tight. Which, can make them less fluid and appear slower than they actually are. They are mostly frosh and sophs, so they aren't really muscled up yet.

Or, our better players are just not athletic. And the players that are athletic, aren’t very good at basketball yet. Need them to develop their games and then we’ll hopefully look like a big boy basketball school team again in the coming years.

Or, our better players are just not athletic. And the players that are athletic, aren’t very good at basketball yet. Need them to develop their games and then we’ll hopefully look like a big boy basketball school team again in the coming years.
This team hasn't played many games together yet. Everything is still shaking out as far as PT and as far as familiarity with each others games. They will improve as the season goes on.

oh, ok
Ok St was terrible last and this year returned all of their players and are looking like a strong team. JB won't allow a year to go by to get them t a respectable point.

Ok St was terrible last and this year returned all of their players and are looking like a strong team. JB won't allow a year to go by to get them t a respectable point.
Oklahoma State is not good.
They couldn’t make a basket in the halfcourt for over 15 minutes.
They beat us on athleticism and effort.
They outworked us on boards and pushed the ball after every miss or turnover.
We didn’t make a sub for 13 minutes and when Hughes got his 3rd foul we went the last 6.5 minutes without making a basket.

If Oklahoma State was good we lose by 30 yesterday. They can’t shoot and yet they scored 86.

We aren’t athletic and that got us destroyed.

sweet

Oklahoma State is not good.
They couldn’t make a basket in the halfcourt for over 15 minutes.
They beat us on athleticism and effort.
They outworked us on boards and pushed the ball after every miss or turnover.
We didn’t make a sub for 13 minutes and when Hughes got his 3rd foul we went the last 6.5 minutes without making a basket.

If Oklahoma State was good we lose by 30 yesterday. They can’t shoot and yet they scored 86.

We aren’t athletic and that got us destroyed.
They had a big lead and lost it and went do 8 points+- and didn't lose their composure which is the sign of a solid well coached, experienced team.

They had a big lead and lost it and went do 8 points+- and didn't lose their composure which is the sign of a solid well coached, experienced team.
This is an indictment on our HC.
If they are well coached.
They aren’t experienced. They had 4 freshman on the floor numerous minutes last night.
Our team got exposed by a mediocre to bad P5 team.
Put ball pressure on Girard and our offense becomes rely on Hughes to make plays and just hope our chucked up 3’s go in.

If teams use their athleticism on us it won’t matter we play a slow tempo they will get baskets before the zone sets up and will kill us on the glass because Marek isn’t a good rebounder.

He plays Dolezaj like he is Hakim Warrick when he is another Kristoff Ongenaet. Kristof didn’t play high 30 MPG. Marek has regressed from his freshman how does that happen.

Anytime your starting a true freshmen and true freshmen are a key part of your rotation your gonna struggle ….our only hope is to see growth this season.

This is the 2010's not the 1990's. I bet that 75% of the teams that make the tournament from power conferences have at least two true freshman in their rotation in the past 10 years.

Having to play young players in ttself is not a killer -- unless your system is just not recruiting enough talent.

Last edited:
This is an indictment on our HC.
If they are well coached.
They aren’t experienced. They had 4 freshman on the floor numerous minutes last night.
Our team got exposed by a mediocre to bad P5 team.
Put ball pressure on Girard and our offense becomes rely on Hughes to make plays and just hope our chucked up 3’s go in.

If teams use their athleticism on us it won’t matter we play a slow tempo they will get baskets before the zone sets up and will kill us on the glass because Marek isn’t a good rebounder.

He plays Dolezaj like he is Hakim Warrick when he is another Kristoff Ongenaet. Kristof didn’t play high 30 MPG. Marek has regressed from his freshman how does that happen.
Veteran leadership counts fo a lot. We have 0 seniors.

Veteran leadership counts fo a lot. We have 0 seniors.
Veteran leadership doesn’t count for squat.
Talent counts a lot.
Marek Dolezaj is a Junior.
Elijah Hughes is a Junior.

Frank Howard being a Senior last year meant nothing.
Coaching matters more than experience and coaching doesn’t matter as much as talent.

I don’t even care we are mediocre to bad this season. It’s more the signs of it getting under this HC aren’t high for me. He is stubborn in his ways and that is the problem. We are the easiest team in the nation to prepare for. Bar none. When we have a typical old Syracuse team that wasn’t as big an issue now it is an issue.

I like a lot of pieces on this team. I don’t like we can’t recruit Rick Jackson type recruit FOR 5 YEARS. It’s a joke. We are Seton Hall in the old Big East right now.
Not Syracuse if that is case then we as fans have to realize we aren’t players nationally anymore. It’s just grind to make the tournament under Jim Boeheim till he retires.
I am not confident this team will be a NC contender next year with everyone coming back and what we having coming in.

Our guards are simply not at the same level of athleticism as OSU’s were, and they’re not even close to the best guards we’re gonna see. Girard can’t beat any quality P5 guard off the bounce, so defenders don’t need to help off their man, and open shots are at a premium. Looks like a long season.

When you’ve lost pearl31 you know we’re in trouble. At this point if we’re going to have a losing season we might as well tank... 9-22 or something to speed up the transition timetable. Does 14-17 versus 9-22 really matter in the big picture at this point? I have no idea if ADJW can make the right hire but i do know that delaying the transition is also delaying the opportunity to turn this ship around.
Yeah, let's tank and try to get the first pick in the draft.

Our guards are simply not at the same level of athleticism as OSU’s were, and they’re not even close to the best guards we’re gonna see. Girard can’t beat any quality P5 guard off the bounce, so defenders don’t need to help off their man, and open shots are at a premium. Looks like a long season.
Not if they allow bumping and hand checking.

Okie State is good. They made the tourney last year and returned all of their starters. I think the stat on the TV says they’re the 5th most experienced team in the country in terms of returning production.
I am sure they will be just as good as maryland football.

This place is so obnoxious from time to time. Last week we looked amazing and everyone was all “wow this team is fun!” And now we lost to Okla St (which nobody will even care about in a month, or remember for that matter). We will have amazing games where we beat the Dukes and the Louisville’s, and we’ll lose some to teams like Oklahoma State.

Come on the board and complain about the specific game, but don’t write the team off if you’re gonna come back when we beat a Top 10 team and sing a different tune.

I agree it seems we are trending down a bit but holy hell I think better days are ahead of us and this whole thread is the most depressing, blown out of proportion crap ever.

Six games into the season is too early to write this team off. We're as young as any Boehiem team in recent memory and they need to learn how to play with each other...they'll get tired of getting pushed around and will try to play more physical which means Boehiem will have to play more bench players then he'd like. Edwards is someone who needs more playing time because if we can't stop anybody we need to try and out score them and Edwards can score in the paint. jmo

Veteran leadership doesn’t count for squat.
Talent counts a lot.
Marek Dolezaj is a Junior.
Elijah Hughes is a Junior.

Frank Howard being a Senior last year meant nothing.
Coaching matters more than experience and coaching doesn’t matter as much as talent.

I don’t even care we are mediocre to bad this season. It’s more the signs of it getting under this HC aren’t high for me. He is stubborn in his ways and that is the problem. We are the easiest team in the nation to prepare for. Bar none. When we have a typical old Syracuse team that wasn’t as big an issue now it is an issue.

I like a lot of pieces on this team. I don’t like we can’t recruit Rick Jackson type recruit FOR 5 YEARS. It’s a joke. We are Seton Hall in the old Big East right now.
Not Syracuse if that is case then we as fans have to realize we aren’t players nationally anymore. It’s just grind to make the tournament under Jim Boeheim till he retires.
I am not confident this team will be a NC contender next year with everyone coming back and what we having coming in.

Seriously, why can’t we recruit a Rick Jackson/AO type? It’s not like those types of bigs don’t fit the zone because our zone was pretty good with them in the middle.

OSU is a very solid team. We aren’t. This is the sixth straight year watching this same low budget crappy movie of bad OOC play followed by likely blah conference play. Time to get a new leading man. Not Ryan Reynolds please

Okie State is good. They made the tourney last year and returned all of their starters. I think the stat on the TV says they’re the 5th most experienced team in the country in terms of returning production.

They lost 20 games last year and won only 5 conference games. They're not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom