I really hope... | Syracusefan.com

I really hope...

ForeverOrange

2nd String
We do good our first season in the ACC. I am in Charlotte and they laugh at the fact that I even mention my excitement for football. I realize we more than likely won't win the ACC, but I think we can be respectable and at least make 6 wins.

We do good our first season in the ACC. I am in Charlotte and they laugh at the fact that I even mention my excitement for football. I realize we more than likely won't win the ACC, but I think we can be respectable and at least make 6 wins.

I think we will surprise a whole lot of people in the ACC. We may even have the attention after game #1.

Kind of curious, how many ACC teams have 2 bowl wins in the past 3 years over a major conference team?

Any fan of any school from the state of North Carolina should not be laughing...

As long as we compete i will be pleased. No 59-7 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seemingly "we're superior" attitude of the folks down there really bothers me. Last time I checked, Duke, UNC, and NC State weren't exactly powerhouses in the collegiate football world. I have all the confidence in our boys that they're going to show the ACC that we play one tough brand of football. These foolish Charlotte folk are going to get a taste of what Syracuse has to offer. Let's storm the damn ACC already!

Yea...i was thinkin those Charlotte 49ers are a serious contender. We have more history and success than any football team in either of the Carolinas...clemson and SC included.

Kind of curious, how many ACC teams have 2 bowl wins in the past 3 years over a major conference team?

Clemson fans have to look only as far as our results against WVU to give us some respect.

I get the same thing with Iowa fans, telling me it isnt basketball season. I ask how the hawkeyes did last year, normally shuts up the rational fans...which there arent many of out here. They still consider themselves the "Bullies of the Big Ten"

A lof of them counter by asking if we have learned how to score from the 2 yard line yet...I wish we had the tank package back then.

I get the same thing with Iowa fans, telling me it isnt basketball season. I ask how the hawkeyes did last year, normally shuts up the rational fans...which there arent many of out here. They still consider themselves the "Bullies of the Big Ten"

A lof of them counter by asking if we have learned how to score from the 2 yard line yet...I wish we had the tank package back then.

I wish we didn't have Robinson. God I freakon hated that possession and when I knew this ain't going to work.

Shouldn't UNC still have a hangover from that moronic hype machine they rode off a cliff a few years back?

When December 7 comes around make sure to invite them to come see the Orange in Charlotte

Florida State: Notre Dame, South Carolina
NC State: Louisville, West Virginia
Syracuse: Kansas State, West Virginia

Can't wait to get this season going. I don't know how successful we will be in this conference, but I'm anxious to find out! Tired of hearing how bad the conference we left was, as if the ACC has just been the model of great football.

This seemingly "we're superior" attitude of the folks down there really bothers me. Last time I checked, Duke, UNC, and NC State weren't exactly powerhouses in the collegiate football world. I have all the confidence in our boys that they're going to show the ACC that we play one tough brand of football. These foolish Charlotte folk are going to get a taste of what Syracuse has to offer. Let's storm the damn ACC already!

Seriously, this is par for the course. You will get used to it and learn to ignore it. If you try to argue FB with them, they will inevitably try to turn the convo to BB ...of course that doesn't work as well against the Cuse.

Baring major injuries i think we can stick with every team we face. Florida State is the one team that might take us to the wood shed but other than them im not afraid of being blown out by anyone including Clemson

What usually makes the Carolina fans shut up for a little while is, who won last? I was at that triple ot game and it was awesome. Syracuse beat them with a not so good team. I have closely followed the team ever since and have waited a long time to talk smack about something other than basketball. I am looking forward to a great season. Hard nosed football win or lose. Go Cuse!

I was there, had a decent angle, we scored.

Florida State: Notre Dame, South Carolina
NC State: Louisville, West Virginia
Syracuse: Kansas State, West Virginia

And yet we can't meet some folks perception of a good solid team. Thanks for the info BK.